This poll closed on July 14, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

Apocalyptic Hellraiser

23,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
There's a part of me hoping that this "Reboot" is actually just some weird plot twist/crisis that can be reversed, but chances of that seem pretty darn low.

I think what bothers me the most is that all of the character relationships and growth that really added a lot to my reading experience seems to be non-existent or have changed drastically.

Maybe it's too early to really decide. I've heard a ton of mixed reviews so far. Maybe the changes will be better, but so far I'm still pretty wary about it. I liked the Bat Family the way they were thank you very much, DC.

Steadfast Protector

I Cast Ultima
Wait...wait...WAIT! I had no idea they were taking Barbara Gordon out of the wheelchair. That just seems VERY stupid, she was like a champion, still doing all that hero stuff from a ******** wheelchair, that was awesome! I bet they've done this just to stick her back with d**k so they can be a "normal" couple.

There goes my hopes of a Kori and d**k reunion. >:l

EDIT: I'm also far to excited about Kori being teamed up with Jason Todd...I can so see it happening.

That's not the douche-y reason this douche-y decision was made.
Dan DiDio (douche) said he was opposed to them together and will prevent it as long as
he's in charge, and his arrival at his job was accompanied by a plan, initially, to kill off
d**k Grayson because he wasn't Batman OR Robin, so DiDio didn't see any use to
the character.

Dangerous Visionary

Fallen Angel Lucifer
There's a part of me hoping that this "Reboot" is actually just some weird plot twist/crisis that can be reversed, but chances of that seem pretty darn low.

Actually the end of Flashpoint kind made this possible. (Really more of a fail safe in case this blew up in DC face)

Apocalyptic Hellraiser

23,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Max Mercury
I Cast Ultima
Wait...wait...WAIT! I had no idea they were taking Barbara Gordon out of the wheelchair. That just seems VERY stupid, she was like a champion, still doing all that hero stuff from a ******** wheelchair, that was awesome! I bet they've done this just to stick her back with d**k so they can be a "normal" couple.

EDIT: I'm also far to excited about Kori being teamed up with Jason Todd...I can so see it happening.

Dan DiDio (douche) said he was opposed to them together and will prevent it as long as
he's in charge, and his arrival at his job was accompanied by a plan, initially, to kill off
the character.

Gee Wilikers, Batman!

Seriously? I don't think that would have gone over too well with fans. They would've killed him, then pulled a Jason Todd to bring him back due to the sheer outrage of the fans. >_<

Apocalyptic Hellraiser

23,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Miss-dark8607
Fallen Angel Lucifer

Actually the end of Flashpoint kind made this possible. (Really more of a fail safe in case this blew up in DC face)

It would be interesting to see how they'd use that particular fail safe, if they ever do, to reverse any potential damage that the changes create.

I mean a reboot would be good for sales and it would help a younger crowd to get into comics, but there are just too many gaps and weird decisions being made at the moment.

Dangerous Visionary

Fallen Angel Lucifer
Miss-dark8607
Fallen Angel Lucifer

It would be interesting to see how they'd use that particular fail safe, if they ever do, to reverse any potential damage that the changes create.

I mean a reboot would be good for sales and it would help a younger crowd to get into comics, but there are just too many gaps and weird decisions being made at the moment.

That's what I'm thinking.

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Fallen Angel Lucifer
Max Mercury
I Cast Ultima

the character.

Gee Wilikers, Batman!

Seriously? I don't think that would have gone over too well with fans. They would've killed him, then pulled a Jason Todd to bring him back due to the sheer outrage of the fans. >_<

Seriously!

He's like one of the most loved DC characters. Killing Dickie off would of resulted in a guy in a Nightwing costume turning up at his house and killing him...but probably not. >.>

DiDio can suck a nut. >;l
Ive read most of them already and they honestly arnt that bad, the new 52 might just be interesting if you give it a chance
Fallen Angel Lucifer

I think what bothers me the most is that all of the character relationships and growth that really added a lot to my reading experience seems to be non-existent or have changed drastically.

Maybe it's too early to really decide. I've heard a ton of mixed reviews so far. Maybe the changes will be better, but so far I'm still pretty wary about it. I liked the Bat Family the way they were thank you very much, DC.

now you know how I felt in 1985-6

450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
So now that Sept 28 has seen DC publish all its new "Number 1's", any reaction to the new titles?

They were all too short for me, but had varying degrees of interesting takes on the characters. I was most disappointed in the art and story direction of Wonder Woman.

Admittedly, over the past couple of years, I'd moved on to reading the compilations in graphic novel form, rather than buying individual issues. This month was wacky trying to hit the local comic shop around each Weds when they got every week's releases. Unfortunately, my local shops all sold out of Detective, Batman and Batman: Dark Knight each week I went, so no idea how those stories started out.
I'm really rapidly losing all interest in DC. They seem to have gone through their mythos and character design and surgically removed all the stuff I actually liked. Like the new "improved" Amanda Waller, for example. Who is now a generic hot chick.

Why. Would. You. Do. That. scream
as someone who is new to comics, I don't see the reboot as entirely a bad thing. For someone who has been wanting to get into comics for a long time, yet not knowing where to start, or finding the original continuity confusing as hell, this reboot was almost welcomed. The only problem is only some of the stories got a complete reset, while others still keep some of the previous continuity, and still come off as confusing. Such as many of the new Green Lantern comics.

I don't mean to be insensitive here. In fact if I was a long time comic reader who had invested time and money into these characters and stories. I would feel downright betrayed by DC. Maybe what they should have done was create an alternate universe similar to the Marvel Ultimates universe. That way new readers could get into reading comics, while the long time readers would still have their continuity.

Either way, I don't find the reboot entirely as a bad thing, and I hope it does for others what it did for me, and bring in more new readers. Not only that, a good number of these are well written and are a great introduction for heroes such as Batman, Aquaman, Superman [at least with Superman #1] and even a great intro for more obscure heroes such as Mr. Terrific, Static Shock, and Jonah Hex.

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
I was really looking forward to the reboot--that meant I could maybe start reading/collecting comics from the 'beginning'. (Which is what deterred me so greatly from reading most western comics--I can't afford to buy the earlier issues and can't locate a place to borrow any!)

I am hideously disappointed in the changes they made for the reboot and do not plan to waste my time or money supporting it.

(Amanda Waller & Starfire are just the start of the issues I have with the reboot.)
& no ClarkxLois? Just what the ********.

Consider me extremely disappointed as a person who was willing to pour money into the industry.

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Agree. Is nothing more than an attempt to pull in new readers at the expense of older readers.

Steadfast Protector

The problem is they can't even define the problem.
First, you HAVE to keep the "regular" fans because they are 80% of your business.
So, stop pissing them off.
Then you ask "why aren't new kids interested in comic books and how can we appeal to them?"
The answer might completely revamp the industry- but that's how SUCCESSFUL businesses work.
Ask Netflix how you go from "startup" to "incredibly successful even though competing with free
things" and you'll see how.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces