This poll closed on July 14, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

Festive Witch

24,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
Justice League is subpar. They still don't get it, no one cares about continuity if you have good stories. That's why I'm moving to Marvel, Journey Into Mistery are truly great, and I'm enjoying Jeff Park's Hulk. And come to think of it are, those 2 are about characters changed beyond recognition, no rebooting, no going back

2,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sagicorn
Main beef with Reboot:
[sad stuff here]
Ouch.

2,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Miss-dark8607
*points to every thread she has made here*

The only good out of all this is: a new Catwoman monthly, Mr. Terrific getting a series, and Gail writting Batgirl (I am fond of this mostly out of morbid curious on how they will pull that off). I just think its a slap in the face and I loved Odyssey, Grounded, and d**k as Bats as most people did and I hate to see them go.

Also Lois without Clark just seems wrong. Can't believe they are pulling a OMD with those two. What's wrong with having at least one happy married couple in comics?
I won't complain about those two starting from scratch if they have Bruce Wayne as the third wheel like they did in the Superman show. Really mess with SUpes on that one. If he knows that's Batman, he might just start behaving in an unhinged manner. Spying on thier dates, Making sure Lois goes home each night, all because she's dating a violent man-child in a play suit. That would freak me out.

Dangerous Visionary

Kratos Krisna
Miss-dark8607
*points to every thread she has made here*

The only good out of all this is: a new Catwoman monthly, Mr. Terrific getting a series, and Gail writting Batgirl (I am fond of this mostly out of morbid curious on how they will pull that off). I just think its a slap in the face and I loved Odyssey, Grounded, and d**k as Bats as most people did and I hate to see them go.

Also Lois without Clark just seems wrong. Can't believe they are pulling a OMD with those two. What's wrong with having at least one happy married couple in comics?
I won't complain about those two starting from scratch if they have Bruce Wayne as the third wheel like they did in the Superman show. Really mess with SUpes on that one. If he knows that's Batman, he might just start behaving in an unhinged manner. Spying on thier dates, Making sure Lois goes home each night, all because she's dating a violent man-child in a play suit. That would freak me out.

I never liked Bruce and Lois either. gonk

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Perhaps the new won't be too bad. But the new fans probably will be bad.

Anxious Gaian

read/RANT

It seems most of the new 52 so far has been failing. Downright horrible or just being okay at beast.

Oh and Bruce/Louis was okay for a one date thing like in the show. I think I'd hate it if they did anything in the comics past possibly just a one date bit. No matter what though, Didio is evil. I mean how does a guy go from 20 years working (I think he was a writer) for soap operas then to DC comics and jumping up as quickly as he did into the position he is at?
Adverb
read/RANT

It seems most of the new 52 so far has been failing. Downright horrible or just being okay at beast.

Oh and Bruce/Louis was okay for a one date thing like in the show. I think I'd hate it if they did anything in the comics past possibly just a one date bit. No matter what though, Didio is evil. I mean how does a guy go from 20 years working (I think he was a writer) for soap operas then to DC comics and jumping up as quickly as he did into the position he is at?
http://readrant.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/newu-reviews-week-one-of-the-dc-relaunch/

Where exactly does that say that the new 52 was crap? Obviously, titles like Tec and BG were not during. I'd say that if anything they were lenient on those two books

Regardless, you should read what you're incessantly whoring out.

Reboot has been great, go buy lots of comics! I posted some mini reviews in the pull thread.

Anxious Gaian

http://readrant.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/newu-reviews-week-one-of-the-dc-relaunch/

"One week in, and I have to say: I’m impressed."

"While I found the Batbooks lacking the ambition of Morrison’s run or the strong characterization and storytelling of Snyder’s run, the fact is that all of them are solid executions on a formula that works.

"Whether it’s the way Morrison and Morales have shaken up the way Superman is ‘supposed to’ look, act and sound, the way Jeff Lemire and Scott Snyder are effortlessly blending superheroes with horror or the way Ivan Brandon gives war a terrifying new dimension in a world full of superhumans, the New DCU seems to have something to offer everyone!"

Hawk and Dove was garbage, and it got a C-. So where does it say the new DCU is "downright horrible?"

Anxious Gaian

Detective Comics got a poor review. Static got a good but not great review. Green Arrow got a mostly poor review. Justice League got an okay review. Action Comics and Batgirl I believe are the only things that really got great reviews there. JLI hasn't a review to itself but sits at a B- in the general review which is good but not great. In the general round up review that only slightly brushes up on all the comics, I by no means count all those C grades as being good by any means (hence the "okay at best" wink .

Omac, Animal Man, Men of War, Swamp Thing, and Storm Watch all got good reviews but they basically are new things. Sadly I wasn't more clear but I meant basically failing in regards that what should be their big things (ie: Justice League, DC, AC, Green Arrow, etc) mostly got mediocre to bad reviews save a couple of them.
OMAC, Swamp-Thing, Animal Man, new? I don't understand these words in this order.

Maybe you should check your wording next time before you voice your opinion, as there is a big difference between your first post and this clarifying one.

Also Animal Man got the best review. Again, read what you're shilling for.

450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I believe the DCU is trying the J.J. Abrams formula when he rebooted Star Trek. Fans could not believe anyone else but Leonard Nimoy could play Spock, ranted about it, and then the movie came out and it was the highest grossing in the entire franchise.
Not saying that's DCU's success will be a similar success (or J.J. Abrams SECOND movie), but DC's at least banking on an older loyal customer base willing to try out the new while at least intriguing a new customer segment.

I was personally appalled by the preview look of Supes in Action Comics, but thought the first issue was, well "fascinating" smile

4,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
lorenzo1701
I believe the DCU is trying the J.J. Abrams formula when he rebooted Star Trek. Fans could not believe anyone else but Leonard Nimoy could play Spock, ranted about it, and then the movie came out and it was the highest grossing in the entire franchise.
Not saying that's DCU's success will be a similar success (or J.J. Abrams SECOND movie), but DC's at least banking on an older loyal customer base willing to try out the new while at least intriguing a new customer segment.

I was personally appalled by the preview look of Supes in Action Comics, but thought the first issue was, well "fascinating" smile
actually they ignored older readers concerns against the reboot in order to try and appeal to a new market.. stare
I wonder if this is a reboot because he worked on ReBoot

Dangerous Visionary

GLJordan
I wonder if this is a reboot because he worked on ReBoot

Okay I LOL'ed. Anyway so far so good. I'm willing to give it till the end of the year or to Jan to hook me. I do like Action the most thus far. So I can see myself reading that till Morrison stops writing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff