Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spider_Jerusalem
pinderpanda
Kyle_Rayner

Im actually not sure if Crisis is canon. I know everything after Crisis is, like Man of Steel, and so forth. I think Crisis and before technically never happened. But dont quote me on that. xp

Yep it's canon. The last couple of pages are set in the current DCU, characters throughout Animal Man remember it, Harbringer makes further appearances, little of JSA #72 would make sense if it hadn't...

So then Constantine exists in canon. Word.

Hard to see how he couldn't.

Zatanna #1 is choc-full of flashbacks to a scene in which his presence was crucial. True, we don't actually see him directly but Morrison (who wanted to show him there) manages to reference him obliquely.
Quote:

Zatanna #1 is choc-full of flashbacks to a scene in which his presence was crucial. True, we don't actually see him directly but Morrison (who wanted to show him there) manages to reference him obliquely.

Which?!

Steadfast Protector

Spider_Jerusalem
What about Spoiler? Couldn't she potentially be the new Spectre? As for Dr. Light we still don't know why he hired Deathstroke since he had no reason to know he was about to get shaken down, right?

Meltzer never gave a reason for Dr Light to know they were after him.

Light went TO Calculator for help, which means Calculator didn't tell
him directly, "They're after you."

So, either someone else told him,
or he remembered SOMETHING, if not details.
If Dr Moon ever messed with him,
he might have discovered biological evidence of tampering.

Just one idea.
Then again, I actually attempted to EXPLAIN everything.
My "I write mystery novels for a living" Meltzer didn't seem to bother.
Spider_Jerusalem
Quote:

Which?!

So Constantine's name and/or face have never popped up in DCU? Anyway, I established that Zatanna exists in both universes. Of course Constantine might make some guest-secret-side appearance in her book.
Spider_Jerusalem
Quote:

Which?!

We see Zatara's death from |Swamp Thing #50. The original Morrison script had Zatara's line threatening to haunt Constantine, but it looks like editorial had the flasback end on the line right before.

Elsewhere it talks about Zatanna having had a relationship with a 'powerful magician'.
pinderpanda

We see Zatara's death from |Swamp Thing #50. The original Morrison script had Zatara's line threatening to haunt Constantine, but it looks like editorial had the flasback end on the line right before.

Elsewhere it talks about Zatanna having had a relationship with a 'powerful magician'.

Aaaaaaah okay that's making more sense now.

Steadfast Protector

Say, Pinderpanda,
do you own a copy of Swamp Thing 50?

There's something I've been wanting to check,
but it needs a copy of the text of the comic,
and I don't want to pay that much just to satisfy my
curiousity.
So, if you have a copy already, there's something I'd like to ask
you to transcribe from the text.
Kyle_Rayner
Spider_Jerusalem
Quote:

Which?!

So Constantine's name and/or face have never popped up in DCU? Anyway, I established that Zatanna exists in both universes. Of course Constantine might make some guest-secret-side appearance in her book.

Give up. smile wink

Robinson's Starman, Morrison's JLA, and only a couple of months ago, Geoff Johns' JSA all affirmed that Sandman is DCU canon...and Constantine's canon in Sandman.

Oh, now I think of it...so is the Crisis. twisted
[EDIT: Crisis On Multiple Posts]
Max Mercury
Say, Pinderpanda,
do you own a copy of Swamp Thing 50?

There's something I've been wanting to check,
but it needs a copy of the text of the comic,
and I don't want to pay that much just to satisfy my
curiousity.
So, if you have a copy already, there's something I'd like to ask
you to transcribe from the text.

No problem...I've been meaning to reread it myself for a post I'm going to do explaining all the WTF stuff in Zatanna.

What bit are you after? I'll dig it out later today.
pinderpanda
Kyle_Rayner
Spider_Jerusalem
Quote:

Which?!

Give up. smile wink

Robinson's Starman, Morrison's JLA, and only a couple of months ago, Geoff Johns' JSA all affirmed that Sandman is DCU canon...and Constantine's canon in Sandman.

So Constantine's name and/or face have never popped up in DCU post-crisis?
Kyle_Rayner

Sandman is clearly and unambiguously set in the DCU and continues to be acknowledged as being so in DCU titles. Constantine appears in Sandman. Constantine has therefore appeared in the DCU.
pinderpanda
Kyle_Rayner

Sandman is clearly and unambiguously set in the DCU and continues to be acknowledged as being so in DCU titles. Constantine appears in Sandman. Constantine has therefore appeared in the DCU.

Lots of characters appeared in Sandman, but that doesnt make them canon characters. This A-B-C stuff starts getting a bit weird when talking about Cosmic Entities who walk through time like a stream.

Anyway. What current canonical DC book has Constantine appeared in? None.
Anyway, we're getting off track here. My point was that if Spectre goes through with his self-inflicted war on magic, that Constantine and Tim Hunter are not integral to the storyline, especially since they will most likely not appear in a DC story. There are other, more important, DC characters who will have something to say about Spectre's impending actions.

This completely assuming that Day of Vengence is not just some huge red herring that is. sweatdrop
Kyle_Rayner

Anyway. What current canonical DC book has Constantine appeared in? None.

Green Arrow, the Spectre, Challengers of the Unknown, Firestorm, Hitman, Underworld Unleashed, and Secret Origins Special #1

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff