Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kyle_Rayner

Could you explain that to me please? In layman's terms? I dont really know as much about Constantine as I should.

Constantine was an integral part of the Crisis because he saw it coming and dragged Swamp Thing into it. What I'm saying is that because of their roles in The Crisis on Infinite Earths, they have to exist in canon as long as the Crisis is canon.

Quote:

Well, as far as Kingdom Come goes, the problem is the fact that its a story set in the future. If it becomes canon, this means we know that Lois will die, that Superman will quit, that Wonder Woman will regain her sight, etc etc etc. It puts a big lock on DCs creative juices, so to speak.

Fair enough but what's the problem with The Books of Magic being canon? That's where the Spectre meets Constantine and Hunter.
Kyle_Rayner
Jomura

Hey Kyle turn on your PMs I gotta ask you somethin'

My PMs are set to Friendslist only, for various reasons. Ask me here, or in my thread in AMC. Unless youre somebody's mule whos already on my Friendslist, then Ill add you.

Oh, it's nothin' serious sweatdrop . I was reading that Goku vs. Superman post while I was here and you reminded me of a friend of mine from WCHS. I was wonderin if you were him.
Jomura
Kyle_Rayner
Jomura

My PMs are set to Friendslist only, for various reasons. Ask me here, or in my thread in AMC. Unless youre somebody's mule whos already on my Friendslist, then Ill add you.

Oh, it's nothin' serious sweatdrop . I was reading that Goku vs. Superman post while I was here and you reminded me of a friend of mine from WCHS. I was wonderin if you were him.

Actually, I went to East Columbus High, are you Native American?
Kyle_Rayner
Jomura
Kyle_Rayner
Jomura

Actually, I went to East Columbus High, are you Native American?

lol, naw not even close, sorry. You're not him, sorry for freakin you out there! xd
Spider_Jerusalem
Kyle_Rayner

Could you explain that to me please? In layman's terms? I dont really know as much about Constantine as I should.

Constantine was an integral part of the Crisis because he saw it coming and dragged Swamp Thing into it. What I'm saying is that because of their roles in The Crisis on Infinite Earths, they have to exist in canon as long as the Crisis is canon.

Quote:

Well, as far as Kingdom Come goes, the problem is the fact that its a story set in the future. If it becomes canon, this means we know that Lois will die, that Superman will quit, that Wonder Woman will regain her sight, etc etc etc. It puts a big lock on DCs creative juices, so to speak.

Fair enough but what's the problem with The Books of Magic being canon? That's where the Spectre meets Constantine and Hunter.

Im actually not sure if Crisis is canon. I know everything after Crisis is, like Man of Steel, and so forth. I think Crisis and before technically never happened. But dont quote me on that. xp

Ok, about Books of Magic. It shows how the universe ends. Plus, if Books is canon, so is Sandman and all his siblings. AND Timothy Hunter was chosen by the Trenchcoat Brigade over others arguably more set for the role. Such as Dr. Fate.
Well seeing how this is suppose to be a sequel to Crisis it wouldn't suprise me to see Constantine at some point leading up to the actual crisis this fall.
Jomura

lol, naw not even close, sorry. You're not him, sorry for freakin you out there! xd

So I guess that means Im still the only AmerIndian on Gaia. crying
Kyle_Rayner
Jomura

I've met a couple of others but they were nazis too. sweatdrop
Spider_Jerusalem
Kyle_Rayner
Jomura

You callin' me a Nazi? eek
Kyle_Rayner
Spider_Jerusalem
Kyle_Rayner
Jomura

You callin' me a Nazi? eek

No, I said that the only other AmerIndian Gaian's I've met are.
Kyle_Rayner

It wouldnt be that easy, Im assuming youre abusing a bit of editorial hyperbole there Spider. If Kingdom Come became canon we have a big problem. Superman, heck, the entire Big 7, are locked into one future.

It became 'canon' in a sense during its sequel The Kingdom, but by being established as a Hypertimeline avoids the problem of locking down the future as having to turn out like that.
Kyle_Rayner

Im actually not sure if Crisis is canon. I know everything after Crisis is, like Man of Steel, and so forth. I think Crisis and before technically never happened. But dont quote me on that. xp

Yep it's canon. The last couple of pages are set in the current DCU, characters throughout Animal Man remember it, Harbringer makes further appearances, little of JSA #72 would make sense if it hadn't...
pinderpanda
Kyle_Rayner

Yep it's canon. The last couple of pages are set in the current DCU, characters throughout Animal Man remember it, Harbringer makes further appearances, little of JSA #72 would make sense if it hadn't...

So then Constantine exists in canon. Word.
Spider_Jerusalem
pinderpanda
Max Mercury

In other news,
there already WAS a sequel to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Animal Man addressed the aftermath and how the Psycho-Pirate was
the only one who remembered it all, locked away in a sanitarium.

Yay! A chance to talk about something I actually know about!

Now's a really good time to re-read Grant Morrison's Animal Man.
Not just for the Crisis elements, but also because once you've understood who the Yellow Aliens are then the 'Seven Mysterious Men' from Seven Soldiers #0 will make immediate sense.

The thing to watch in Animal Man is the animals (no s**t!).

The DC multiverse was created by Gardner Fox in 'Flash of Two Worlds'

The DC multiverse was destroyed by Marv Wolfman in 'Crisis'.

The name 'Morrison' translates as 'Son of the Fox'.

Therefore much of Animal Man can be read as a battle between the pro-monoverse wolves and the pro-multiverse foxes, the agents of "the wolfman" and the agents of 'foxy'...the avatar of childhood innocence with whom the story ends.

Morrison follows William Burroughs in most things and Burroughs wrote at length about how mono-anything (whether it's monotheism, monoculture or monogamy) was morally inferior to multi-anything. It's a theme Warren Ellis has taken directly from Burroughs too, especially in Planetary and Transmetropolitan...but when The Son Of The Fox persues this theme he normally does it by attacking Crisis....

....Through Animal Man...through Earth 2...through introducing Hypertime in JLA and doing backroom conceptual work on The Kingdom...through a Burroughs-esque examination of the moral effects of a monoverse in SeaGuy that explictly rips the piss out of Crisis...
That's just ******** crazy, Pinder. I mean really ******** crazy. Not that I'm contesting it.

It's pretty alarming...like the whole of comics history had been aranging itself just so GM would have an appropriate metaphor to hand. Brrr.

Oh well, Chaos Magic (the sort practised by Morrison and Moore in our world rather than the sort practised by the Scarlet Witch in Marvel's) is all about generating co-incidences.
pinderpanda

It's pretty alarming...like the whole of comics history had been aranging itself just so GM would have an appropriate metaphor to hand. Brrr.

Oh well, Chaos Magic (the sort practised by Morrison and Moore in our world rather than the sort practised by the Scarlet Witch in Marvel's) is all about generating co-incidences.

And here I thought he was just worshiping a pre Christ vintage sock puppet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff