Welcome to Gaia! ::

That's just ******** crazy, Pinder. I mean really ******** crazy. Not that I'm contesting it.
Quote:

Yeah...though I think DC are aware of the absurdity.
That's why they've nominated as a writer a guy who so far has done most of his work writing series about magic for Vertigo.

Which is a good thing really, but I still say you need the characters because of how interconnected the magic community is. You need Tim Hunter, John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Thessaly, Daniel. They're compulsory, I tell you.
Spider_Jerusalem
Quote:

Yeah...though I think DC are aware of the absurdity.
That's why they've nominated as a writer a guy who so far has done most of his work writing series about magic for Vertigo.

Which is a good thing really, but I still say you need the characters because of how interconnected the magic community is. You need Tim Hunter, John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Thessaly, Daniel. They're compulsory, I tell you.

It depends, really, on how fast and how directly the Spectre works. If he bumps off Ragman, then Shazam, then maybe the Highfather or The Phantom Stranger, then you dont need any of those Vertigo guys, shame though it is. Because by then Spectre will have jumpstarted the Crisis.

But if there is to be a magical battle, or something of the sort, then youre right, the story requires Constantine and Swamp Thing.
******** me all. What happens if Spectre goes after Ganthet? eek

O.G. Gaian

15,375 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Interesting.

Although, considering the way Rebirth is going, there may not be a Ganthet for Spectre to go after.
Kyle_Rayner

It depends, really, on how fast and how directly the Spectre works. If he bumps off Ragman, then Shazam, then maybe the Highfather or The Phantom Stranger, then you dont need any of those Vertigo guys, shame though it is. Because by then Spectre will have jumpstarted the Crisis.

But if there is to be a magical battle, or something of the sort, then youre right, the story requires Constantine and Swamp Thing.

There isn't a plausible reason for him not to come after Constantine, Swampy, Tim, or Thessaly. They're all prime ******** targets.
Spider_Jerusalem

There isn't a plausible reason for him not to come after Constantine, Swampy, Tim, or Thessaly. They're all prime ******** targets.

But do they exist in DCU? Does Spectre even know that they exist? I remember Spectre making an appearance in Kingdom Come, and in The Books of Magic, but neither of those are canon, AFAIK.
I would think that they exist Kyle. i mean for the fact that there using people like detective chimp I'm pretty sure they'll show Connie at that bar. Idk
DeadP00L
I would think that they exist Kyle. i mean for the fact that there using people like detective chimp I'm pretty sure they'll show Connie at that bar. Idk

Zatanna, Dr. Occult, and Zatanna exist in both DCU and Vertigo. Thats fine, its established. But. BUT! Swamp Thing and John Constantine used to exist in DCU, now they exist only in Vertigo. I havent seen Constantine's name mentioned in DC proper since during the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Kyle_Rayner
Spider_Jerusalem

But do they exist in DCU? Does Spectre even know that they exist? I remember Spectre making an appearance in Kingdom Come, and in The Books of Magic, but neither of those are canon, AFAIK.

Constantine sure as hell does, and who knows if the books are canon or not, but it would be easy enough to deem them canon with a snap of the fingers and haul them in because like you said the Spectre met and conversed with Tim and Constantine.
Spider_Jerusalem

Constantine sure as hell does,

Im not trying to be an a**, but could somebody give me some proof on this? sweatdrop

Quote:

and who knows if the books are canon or not, but it would be easy enough to deem them canon with a snap of the fingers and haul them in because like you said the Spectre met and conversed with Tim and Constantine.

It wouldnt be that easy, Im assuming youre abusing a bit of editorial hyperbole there Spider. If Kingdom Come became canon we have a big problem. Superman, heck, the entire Big 7, are locked into one future.

Wait...thats unless they retcon it back out of existence during this new Crisis.

My head is starting to hurt. stressed
Kyle_Rayner

Im not trying to be an a**, but could somebody give me some proof on this? sweatdrop

Well if he didn't, the Crisis couldn't be canon either. The very fact that this is the post Crisis DCU necessitates the existence of one John Constantine and one Swamp Thing.

Quote:

It wouldnt be that easy, Im assuming youre abusing a bit of editorial hyperbole there Spider. If Kingdom Come became canon we have a big problem. Superman, heck, the entire Big 7, are locked into one future.

Wait...thats unless they retcon it back out of existence during this new Crisis.

My head is starting to hurt. stressed

Why? Does something big happen to the DCU in the Books? Sadly I've only read the prequels. That and the JLA/Avengers crossover is canon.
Spider_Jerusalem

Well if he didn't, the Crisis couldn't be canon either. The very fact that this is the post Crisis DCU necessitates the existence of one John Constantine and one Swamp Thing.

Could you explain that to me please? In layman's terms? I dont really know as much about Constantine as I should.

Quote:

Why? Does something big happen to the DCU in the Books? Sadly I've only read the prequels. That and the JLA/Avengers crossover is canon.

Well, as far as Kingdom Come goes, the problem is the fact that its a story set in the future. If it becomes canon, this means we know that Lois will die, that Superman will quit, that Wonder Woman will regain her sight, etc etc etc. It puts a big lock on DCs creative juices, so to speak.
Kyle_Rayner
Spider_Jerusalem

Could you explain that to me please? In layman's terms? I dont really know as much about Constantine as I should.

Quote:

Well, as far as Kingdom Come goes, the problem is the fact that its a story set in the future. If it becomes canon, this means we know that Lois will die, that Superman will quit, that Wonder Woman will regain her sight, etc etc etc. It puts a big lock on DCs creative juices, so to speak.

Hey Kyle turn on your PMs I gotta ask you somethin'
Jomura

Hey Kyle turn on your PMs I gotta ask you somethin'

My PMs are set to Friendslist only, for various reasons. Ask me here, or in my thread in AMC. Unless youre somebody's mule whos already on my Friendslist, then Ill add you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff