Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Pirate

14,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Cissy-Chan
Drago_the_Blackrose
I am actually thinking about picking up American Western or whatever its called just so I can see the Owls back in Jonah Hex Time...

Really? I might have to check that out too.

The only thing is, I thought Jonah Hex took place in the wild west...and I'm pretty sure Gotham is on the Jersey Shore.
the new jonah hex series takes place, in old gotham
Wonder Woman is still selling really well. I just want to throw that. It's at either 15 or 13 in the top 100 depending on how you tally the numbers, which is way WAY better than the book was doing this time last year where it was hovering around 40.

The physical sales are still doing the drop off dance but her place on the list is maintaining.
Cissy-Chan
Drago_the_Blackrose
I am actually thinking about picking up American Western or whatever its called just so I can see the Owls back in Jonah Hex Time...

Really? I might have to check that out too.

The only thing is, I thought Jonah Hex took place in the wild west...and I'm pretty sure Gotham is on the Jersey Shore.

It's pretty decent, too. The eye dialogue is frustrating as hell, but it's nice to see Hex a bit different from the way Gray and Palmiotti have been writing him forever, and the backups are nice.
Harley's new origin sucks

Versatile Nerd

7,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
GLJordan
Harley's new origin sucks

What is her "new" origin?
abusive father killed by the Joker
Her superior was writing a book on Joker (using her research) so she killed her.
then Joker vated her giving her the pale skin and red and blue hair style

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
GLJordan
Her superior was writing a book on Joker (using her research) so she killed her.

...what? Stupid. Not to mention unoriginal and...well insulting to Dini.

Versatile Nerd

7,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Cissy-Chan
GLJordan

...what? Stupid. Not to mention unoriginal and...well insulting to Dini.

Perfectly stated Cissy_Chan. Harley Quinn was based almost entirely upon the voice actress from BTAS. She was created to be a one shot character, but due to the actress's personalty she became a favorite of both the creators and fans of the show.
So ... what the ******** has happened in the DCU?

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
ScottyQuick

Much...little of it good.
ScottyQuick
They pretty much looked at everything they were doing, and then scrapped pretty much everything not written by Geoff Johns, added in the Wildstorm stuff Jim Lee created, decided that being able to draw a comic makes you qualified to write a comic, made diversity something annoying and cliché unless we're talking about well written inspiring paraplegic characters because we can't have those, oh and Catwoman and Starfire have sex with guys in spandex a lot.

And Alan Scott is gay.

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
Its so...So stupid!!!! It's like, hey! We'll make this throwaway character no one will ever care about GAY and see if anyone likes it! Yeah, that's a great idea! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Versatile Nerd

7,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Cissy-Chan
Its so...So stupid!!!! It's like, hey! We'll make this throwaway character no one will ever care about GAY and see if anyone likes it! Yeah, that's a great idea! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

If DC really wanted a gay Green Lantern then they could have turned Terry Berg, Kyle Rayner's young friend into a Green Lantern. He was already an established, well-developed character, who was openly gay and was already a major player in Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern time.
I still think the Hal/Barry bro-mance should have gone to the next logical step. Hal Jordan is completely in the closet. He's that guy from high school that is like the big jock who picks on dudes and always has a cheerleader hanging on him, and then you get to the ten year reunion and everyone's lke 'Did you hear who came out of the closet", and no one's surprised.
For DC's New 52, go here.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/comics-discussion/dc-comics-s-new-52/t.80535597/?_gaia_t_=3934

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff