Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
It's interesting in a time when other writers are trying to establish superheroes as more humanized and less egalitarian, that JMS has decided that Super- and Bat- dickery is how things SHOULD be trending.
Cissy-Chan
Hi, Superman? How many muggings and the like do Batman and Robin stop in a night? Probably more than you.

Apples, meet oranges.
There seems to be a kind of fixation on it ever since oh I don't know, 1986? Not that my knowledge of their relationship before then is all that great, but it's like everyone wants their DKR moment in one way or another. Millar, Loeb, Azzarello, Johns, JMS, etc. I guess the way to make your mark on the World's Finest is to come up with something even more heinous for them to say to each other than the last guy?
one of the coolest moments in the book where various batmen versions were interacting with superman was when the precrisis batman made a cameo. I notice it immediately when he said two words "old friend"
I got back some of my old comics recently that were on loan, and one of them was a great Superman annual guest starring Batman. You'd know it if you read it. It's called "Villain, Villain, Who's Got the Villain?" It has great Alex Toth (the guy who designed 'Superfriends') art, and the last four pages are dedicated to Batman playing an elaborate prank on Clark where he disguises himself as a hot dog vendor and demands a $75 payment for a hot dog he just gave Clark.

rofl
GLJordan
one of the coolest moments in the book where various batmen versions were interacting with superman was when the precrisis batman made a cameo. I notice it immediately when he said two words "old friend"

Which was that? biggrin
January solicits are up, and good lord is that an ugly Power Girl/Superboy statue. gonk
Oh, is that who they're meant to be?
Is Didio's run on Outsiders any good at all? Like, I'm sure it probably sucks, but are there any redeeming qualities to it?

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
Sorce
Is Didio's run on Outsiders any good at all? Like, I'm sure it probably sucks, but are there any redeeming qualities to it?

No.
I dunno, it's sort of funny to see him settle his feuds with fan-things by naming characters after them and then having terrible things happen to them.
I think that Amy Reeder drew exactly "my" idea of Supergirl more then anyone since Renato Guedes.

Is Connor back in Green Arrow yet?

Haha, I love how it only mentions the boys that are starring in Young Justice.

I am so sad and so excited for Air volume 4. That is a series that deserved more.
Sorce

If you've ever heard the 'Raging Bullets' podcast you'll know that those boys like EVERYTHING.
They LOVED Amazons Attack!
They LOVED Countdown!

They're "not sure" about Didio's Outsiders.

Tenzil Kem
I dunno, it's sort of funny to see him settle his feuds with fan-things by naming characters after them and then having terrible things happen to them.

That was so weird, wasn't it?
And really worrying to think that Didio pays enough attention to people like Herald to even know who he is.
Sorce

I flipped through his first issue at the store, and apparently the alarm sound at the Outsiders' base is:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

To my disappointment, the sound was not followed by The Outsiders exiting the base via giant slide, headed for another string of "here we go again!" style adventures.

Familiar Phantom

Which is a shame, because I would've read that.

In a bit of continuity weirdness, Achilles is showing up in next month's Outsiders, and I suspect it' ONLY so that Dan can use the word "Manazons" in an actual DC Universe context.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff