Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's Official. That's right, the Versus thread of Yours Truly has just been set up as the Official Versus thread for the Comic Discussion Forum. I'm your host CosmicBeing cool .

Purpose
This will be the Official all encompassing Versus thread for the Comic forum. Feel free to post any kind of fight you want to see, but try to keep it comic book related. I will be happy to answer any that you can think of. Marvel is my specialty, but I know a good deal about DC as well.

And just because it got called into question.... This thread is for Western Comic book characters. Manga does not qualify as comics. I definitely agree that Manga/Anime/Horror/etc characters can and should be used in fights, but I ask that they be pitted against comic characters. Thus at least one side of the fight should be a "Western" comic character.

Rules
-In all fights, Character Induced Stupidity(CIS) is included, unless otherwise stated.
-In all fights Plot Induced Stupidity(PIS) is NOT included.
-There will always be someone who does not agree with me or with someone else posting on the thread. Keep arguements to a minimum, and keep flaming out of my thread.
-For all intents and purposes, I'm the final say on fight outcomes. I'm not trying to be snobby, I'm just trying to keep it a bit organized.
-Since the old thread is gone, feel free to ask about ANY fight. Even ones I did before.
-At least one side of each fight should be a Western comic character. Take all Naruto vs Inyuasha vs Lina Inverse's dog someplace else.

How the fights are generally set up
-Both characters know the fight is going to happen at the same time.
-Prep time is not given unless otherwise stated.
-The characters are placed at equal starting positions. Basically across the street, unless otherwise stated.
-The characters get their usual weapons. They also are their "classic" versions unless otherwise stated. Meaning normal power levels.

Have at it. razz

Commonly used terms:
EARTH 616
In Alan Moore's Marvel UK Captain Britain serial, Captain Britain (and the Earth/Universe he was designated to protect) were assigned the numeric designation 616 by Roma. This was brought into Excalibur's Cross-Time Caper by Chris Claremont and Alan Davis, and has subsequently been used by online comic fans as shorthand for talking about the "real" Marvel Universe, as opposed to alternate timelines or incarnations of characters from other media.

Fights that I have argued to death. Thus I will just go ahead and post the outcomes in case anyone else was wondering:

Batman vs Superman:
arrow There is a 1000 different ways that Superman could waste Batman. He could do it in his sleep. Anytime Batman isn't splattered whenever they go at it is because Superman reeeeeally doesn't want to hurt Bruce. Sorry BatGod fans....Superman wins no contest.

Ironman vs Batman:
arrow Ironman wins hands down in any kind of situation. His physical stats are a million times better. He has better gadgets. He's just as smart. His prep time ability is actually better than Batman's. Batman has ZERO advantages.

Ironman vs X-men (random group with classic power levels):
arrow His armor can't be phased through due to force field. The attacks of everal X-men (including Storm, Banshee, Sunfire, Havok, Bishop...) would only serve to recharge IM since he can absorb energy. His mind can't be controlled or attacked when he's in the armor. Not a chance in hell of Wolverine actually cutting his armor. He's stronger than ALL the X-men (including Colossus, Rogue, and current Juggernaut). He can attack multiple people at once, won't miss much due to his targeting computers, can hurt people like Shadowcat with sonic attacks. He already knows all of their powers/strengths/weaknesses and is more experienced than pretty much ALL of the them. Barring Pheonix or Super Cable caliber people...Ironman beats the X-men.

Wolverine vs Superman:
arrow I mean seriously....who on Earth believes that Logan could stand against Superman? I'm not even going to bother...

Captain America vs Batman:
arrow Captain America wins. He's a better fighter (even Batman pretty much said that when they met). He has better physical stats and his endurance level is superhuman so there is no chance of Batman outlasting him. Cap is just as smart (if not smarter) than Batman in the realm of combat/tactics/strategy. He's used to villans that use gadgets, gases, stealth, weapons.
Batman is better at solving crimes.
Cap is better at combat.
In terms of intelligence, Peter Parker versus Bruce Wayne. My personal opinion is Bruce. What do you think, CB? Don't worry, I've lost my noob status on Bats. Can't win 'em all. Don't expect me to be a complete idjit anymore. ^^

Now, in a straight fight, Batman vs. Spider-Man. I think Spidey would win, but he wouldn't leave the fight unscathed.

By the way, I recently got another copy of Spider-Man & Batman. AWESOME read. I also found the 2nd issue, and am getting it tomorrow or on Thursday. There's only been 2 issues of their adventures together, right?

Anyways, I've given you my versus characters. Let's have us a debate.

~*Azrayl*~
Azrayl Valentine
In terms of intelligence, Peter Parker versus Bruce Wayne. My personal opinion is Bruce. What do you think, CB? Don't worry, I've lost my noob status on Bats. Can't win 'em all. Don't expect me to be a complete idjit anymore. ^^

Now, in a straight fight, Batman vs. Spider-Man. I think Spidey would win, but he wouldn't leave the fight unscathed.

By the way, I recently got another copy of Spider-Man & Batman. AWESOME read. I also found the 2nd issue, and am getting it tomorrow or on Thursday. There's only been 2 issues of their adventures together, right?

Anyways, I've given you my versus characters. Let's have us a debate.

~*Azrayl*~

In a straight up fight, Spidey would win hands down. He wouldn't get a flawless victory, but he'd still win.

As for smarts it's a bit of a tie. Bruce is way smarter in the overall sense. He know crap about EVERYTHING. Kind of a "jack of trades". Peter has that too (to a lesser extent) but is way smarter in specific things such as science. Chemistry, Physics.... stuff like that.
crying

I miss the old thread but I must carry on.....

Spiral vs Deathstroke
Fin Fang Foom vs Power Girl
Deadshot vs Hawkeye
High_the_Stampede
crying
I miss the old thread but I must carry on.....

As must we all. Though if they ever do find a way to get it back, we'll all just switch back over.

Spiral vs Deathstroke:
arrow .... neutral ....She can and has defeated entire teams of X-men. DS stands very little chance of even hurting her.

Fin Fang Foom vs Power Girl:
arrow PG isn't know for the use of her amazing intellect. Ironman can beat FFF, but he always has to be on the top of his tactics game. FFF wins.

Deadshot vs Hawkeye:
arrow For accuracy they are about the same. But Hawkeye takes it in the overall fighting. He's better at moving while firing and HTH. Hawkeye wins.
I wouldn't say hands down.. Bats could put on a gas mask and smokebomb the area, then strike at Spidey. Spidey would use his Spider-sense and lash out at Batman, but I think Bruce is strong enough to block an attack from the Web Avenger. From that block he could get Peter into a hold and do some damage.. Break a bone somehow.

Peter would also be weakened from the smoke, which could perhaps weaken his amazing strength.

I think that if Batman used everything at his usual and immediate disposal, he has a chance of taking down Spider-Man.

I really wouldn't say hands down. Give Mr. Wayne more credit than that.

~*Azrayl*~
So Cos, does that mean that Spidey can't use his Spidersense in the rain?

Fing Fang Foom versus The Superbuddies (Powergirl, Mary Marvel, Guy Gardner, Booster and Blue, Fire, and Ralph Dibney).
Spider_Jerusalem
So Cos, does that mean that Spidey can't use his Spidersense in the rain?

Fing Fang Foom versus The Superbuddies (Powergirl, Mary Marvel, Guy Gardner, Booster and Blue, Fire, and Ralph Dibney).
Does Powergirl get an evil Mary to whack Fing over the head with? xd
Power girl (Kryptonian version) vs Supergirl.
Sorry I used Deathstroke but DS fanboys irritate me and it just popped in my head.... sweatdrop

Thunderbolts(Hawkeye, Atlas, Charcoal, Jolt, Mach-2, Moonstone, Songbird, Techno)
vs
Sinister Six(Doc Ock, Mysterio, Electro, Sandman, Vulture, and Venom[I picked them from various teams])
Azrayl Valentine
I wouldn't say hands down.. Bats could put on a gas mask and smokebomb the area, then strike at Spidey. Spidey would use his Spider-sense and lash out at Batman, but I think Bruce is strong enough to block an attack from the Web Avenger. From that block he could get Peter into a hold and do some damage.. Break a bone somehow.

Peter would also be weakened from the smoke, which could perhaps weaken his amazing strength.

I think that if Batman used everything at his usual and immediate disposal, he has a chance of taking down Spider-Man.

I really wouldn't say hands down. Give Mr. Wayne more credit than that.

~*Azrayl*~

Spidey fights Mysterio all the time. He's used to blind combat and due to his Spidey sense he's even better at it than Batman. If anyone is going to be grabbing anyone in the gas cloud it would be Spidey. If Peter didn't hold back, he could punch a hole clean through Bruce (armor and all). Not to mention that Peter could dodge every single punch Bruce could throw (Pete can dodge machine gun fire). Spidey is the king of fighting people with gadgets and gimmicks. The utility belt wouldn't be anything new to Spidey. I stand by my "hands down".

HelenaBertinelli
Power girl (Kryptonian version) vs Supergirl.

I don't know too much about Power Girls offensive qualities. Plus...which Supergirl?

As for the Super-buddies.....I'd still probably go with FFF. But it would be close.
CosmicBeing

As for the Super-buddies.....I'd still probably go with FFF. But it would be close.

crying
She's basically an adult Supergirl, full Kryptonian abilities (Pre-retcon insanity). As for which Supergirl, I'd suggest the strongest one, which is most likely Linda Danvers. They did that fight on JLU, Karen vs Kara In Ze with Karen pretty much mopping the floor with her (Kara's a teen while Karen is an adult kryptonian). Looking at it that way, I think Linda would be the only one to stand a chance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff