Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mathius Lionsbane
The Nue

No, but he and WW were pulled in to help the Norse Gods (Warrior Gods all if you don't know) fight against their enemies. So if they were picking on combat skill and Diana and Clark weren't the prime choices, why wasn't Bruce picked?

But for the love of god, will someone answer my damn question?

....he did.
Marty Nozz
DJ-Anarchy
Chris Powell
DJ keeps using the Hush fight between Supes and Bats as a big example of Bats kicking Supes's a**....but he has yet to explain how Clark about to crush Bruce at the very end is somehow Bruce "kicking a**." Bruce admits during that fight that if Clark wasn't holding back, then Clark would destroy him.

And I'll counter the claim that Bruce kicked Clark's a** during Hush with Clark nearly beating Bruce to death when he was tricked by Maxwell Lord.

Hey, if you can defeat an opponent with psychology in lieu of fists, that is STILL winning. Hence, still kicking his a** if he won and dominated the fight.
OK, what on Earth have you been reading? I've read about half of "Hush", the part the Superman in it, and Batman was pretty much running and trying to buy some time until he could free Superman from Poison Ivy's control. Batman in canon has never beaten Superman, much less "kicked his a**".

Winning is winning. You have the evidence before you. Sorry if it isn'y "fair" but Batman doesn't always fight fair. But he always wins...except for once...But those were extenuating circumstances.
Acanthus Dio
Mathius Lionsbane
The Nue

No, but he and WW were pulled in to help the Norse Gods (Warrior Gods all if you don't know) fight against their enemies. So if they were picking on combat skill and Diana and Clark weren't the prime choices, why wasn't Bruce picked?

But for the love of god, will someone answer my damn question?

....he did.

Please don't put words into my mouth sir.

I said no to him asking if Clark fighting alongside Diana in and of itself made him a master martial artist. It doesn't.
DJ-Anarchy

Winning is winning. You have the evidence before you. Sorry if it isn'y "fair" but Batman doesn't always fight fair. But he always wins...except for once...But those were extenuating circumstances.
How was Wonder Woman whippin' him extenuating circumstances? And Batman did not beat Superman, he beat Poison Ivy and freed Superman. Batman loses fights all the time. Fortunately he manages to survive them.
So, the only example of Superman using 'martial arts' to defeat an opponent is grounds for stating that he is a superior martial artist to Goku?

Is there any scans of this imagery to be shared?
Acanthus Dio
The Nue

First its an imaginary tone now I'm putting words in your mouth, it's reasonable to assume you were answering the whole post if you quoted the whole post, stop being so sensitive and get out more.

@ Mathius, No Superman has never been regarded as or called a martial arts master probably because he isn't, then again with god hax you don't really need to be.

You were warned sir. And your veiled trolling will only be tolerated so far.
Marty Nozz
DJ-Anarchy

How was Wonder Woman whippin' him extenuating circumstances? And Batman did not beat Superman, he beat Poison Ivy and freed Superman. Batman loses fights all the time. Fortunately he manages to survive them.

Not Wonder Woman, Bane. The one clear example of Batman EVER truly loosing. However, weeks of non-stop tracking, apprehensions and combat with the ENTIRE population of Arkham Asylum left Batman exhausted, out of Utility Belt goodies, and surprised by a highly intelligent, super-powered opponent. Give the man a break...
Mathius Lionsbane
So, the only example of Superman using 'martial arts' to defeat an opponent is grounds for stating that he is a superior martial artist to Goku?

Is there any scans of this imagery to be shared?

Yeah, but the one mentioned on New Krypton is several pages so it'd just stretch the page. Other general uses of his h2h are part of every day acts by him with tough opponents so it'd be harder to track down specific pages in collected forums like respect threads and the like.
So it has been settled that Superman IS NOT a superior martial artist to Goku?
Mathius Lionsbane
So it has been settled that Superman IS NOT a superior martial artist to Goku?

No, it has been settled Superman has never been called a "Master martial artist."

He's still superior from his showings compared to the martial arts shown by Goku.
Now, I just want to be clear, the martial arts that Goku has been stated to be a master of is Kung Fu (a different style, to be sure than what is popular in american media). It is known (from the voice of experience, having studied this martial art for seventeen years) that submission locks and pressure point is part of the first lessons learned in Kung Fu. They are by no means effective against an opponent of the same school of martial art as they can focus their ki just as you can.

Now, it has been stated that what appears in the comics (and in DBZ cartoons considering that they have been agreed as canon), is what we judge on is based solely on these displays.

Superman has shown in his comics, the ability to scrap effectively. He does no highly skilled martial arts moves (I take this because no one has presented as scan of him performing any kind of maneuvers that one would consider beyond basic martial arts study). He has never been touted- in canon- to be a martial artist of any caliber.

Goku has. Given this dynamic we can reasonably assume that Goku knows every move Superman knows, and we - as intelligent human beings- know what kind of combat ability is needed to become a master martial artist.

Superman knows locks, holds, and pressure point. He also knows how to box. That is it.

Goku knows how to kick effectively, punch effectively, how to focus his ki to increase his own physical strength. This is above and beyond the bevvy of other powers he can unleash.

So, according the logic used of "what's in the comics/cartoons/manga" Goku being a master martial artist simply does not use the locks and holds because they would be inneffective against the particular individuals against which he fights.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Marty Nozz
DJ-Anarchy

Like when Bane broke his back or when Bronze Tiger whooped his a** twice.

Let's not forget the time Wonder Woman snapped and killed Batman in that one reality and Superman went ape s**t and killed Wonder Woman like it was nothing.

Or the Avengers/JLA crossover when Batman admitted that he couldn't beat Captain America and that he'd win.

Batman does lose and has on multiple occasions.
Mathius Lionsbane
Now, I just want to be clear, the martial arts that Goku has been stated to be a master of is Kung Fu (a different style, to be sure than what is popular in american media). It is known (from the voice of experience, having studied this martial art for seventeen years) that submission locks and pressure point is part of the first lessons learned in Kung Fu. They are by no means effective against an opponent of the same school of martial art as they can focus their ki just as you can.

Now, it has been stated that what appears in the comics (and in DBZ cartoons considering that they have been agreed as canon), is what we judge on is based solely on these displays.

Superman has shown in his comics, the ability to scrap effectively. He does no highly skilled martial arts moves (I take this because no one has presented as scan of him performing any kind of maneuvers that one would consider beyond basic martial arts study). He has never been touted- in canon- to be a martial artist of any caliber.

Goku has. Given this dynamic we can reasonably assume that Goku knows every move Superman knows, and we - as intelligent human beings- know what kind of combat ability is needed to become a master martial artist.

Superman knows locks, holds, and pressure point. He also knows how to box. That is it.

Goku knows how to kick effectively, punch effectively, how to focus his ki to increase his own physical strength. This is above and beyond the bevvy of other powers he can unleash.

So, according the logic used of "what's in the comics/cartoons/manga" Goku being a master martial artist simply does not use the locks and holds because they would be inneffective against the particular individuals against which he fights.

These points have been argued previously. I personally am done reiterating so please go re-read the past pages.
I have read the past pages. No one has shown scans of Superman doing any form of martial arts that can't be learned at the YMCA.

People just want some evidence. I could care less about the Goku/Superman squabble. That means jack to me.

I just find it hard to believe that Superman is a superior martial artist.

No one can prove it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces