Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has anyone read it? Is it good? I've been interested in reading it for a long time and would like to hear people's opinions on it. (:

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
I've only read so much of Blacksad thus far, and while it's certainly no child's play, it is an incredible find for me.

I'd highly recommend anyone with an interest in crime noir. I'd highly recommend anyone who ever grew up with Disney cartoons of the seventies and eighties. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to see what a good comic book looks like.

The most recent read A Silent Hell was a bit of a brain twister trying to get the time shifted back and forth within it, but very worthwhile to straighten out in my head.

I honestly can't recommend it more if you've already got an interest, if you feel up to it, give it a read and then relay your thoughts =D
Jazzfox
I've only read so much of Blacksad thus far, and while it's certainly no child's play, it is an incredible find for me.

I'd highly recommend anyone with an interest in crime noir. I'd highly recommend anyone who ever grew up with Disney cartoons of the seventies and eighties. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to see what a good comic book looks like.

The most recent read A Silent Hell was a bit of a brain twister trying to get the time shifted back and forth within it, but very worthwhile to straighten out in my head.

I honestly can't recommend it more if you've already got an interest, if you feel up to it, give it a read and then relay your thoughts =D

Well, I certainly am very into crime noir, disney cartoons and good comic books! Thanks a lot for your input. C:

Aged Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Its fantastic. The art is incredible, and the story too. I hope they come out with more. I think you can only get the original stuff as a big hardcover, and there's one smaller hardcover with a newer story.

Randomly, also check out Lackadaisy if you've never heard of it.
Kitsune_rei
Its fantastic. The art is incredible, and the story too. I hope they come out with more. I think you can only get the original stuff as a big hardcover, and there's one smaller hardcover with a newer story.

Randomly, also check out Lackadaisy if you've never heard of it.

Yeah, still haven't read Blacksad, It's on my Amazon wish list and I keep hinting for people to buy it for me. ha ha

Yes, I've read Lackadaisy! I absolutely love that comic. The art is great and I'm in love with the time period it's set in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff