The Dark 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
< 1 2 3

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Miss-dark8607
Well I was liking Action and I was sorry to drop it from my list. B&R, Batwoman, and WW I'm waiting for trades.

How was Action doing when you left? I LOVE WW. There is something about that one that is great. I don't own them, a friend does, but they let me read them...I can't wait till they get the next issue. What makes you like WW?

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
StellaYuna

Allow me to defend Starfire on her part. She's a grown up and can make her own decisions. She only got-with Roy Harper, what made her seem like a whore to you?

Starfire is also an alien, so she doesn't need to obey Human Earth rules or standards. Starfire appears in many major and minor DC animations and comics. Starfire, including basically all the female characters of DC display a sexual appeal. Why does Starfire have to be the target?

Don't judge someone by first impressions without actually knowing about them first. Anything else you would like to know?

Yeah, I meant absolutely no disrespect to either Starfire or you when I said she was coming off as a whore and I agree that Earth morals don't hold for aliens. I was merely commenting that, from Earth standards for females, it seemed as if she was comfortable enough to be sexually active without emotional attachment (which is fine).
I have been reading a few other females, WW, BOP, and they didn't seem to have quite the same sexual appeal as Starfire (but I do agree that all of the DCU females have been drawn in a sexually provocative way. I'd go farther and say that even the males are drawn in a way that gives false body images).
The first impression (of her being kinda whore like), is acceptable for me to make. As I get to know her, and her story, I might revise that assumption. However, the first issue sex that she had with Harper seemed like a whore move (not that being a whore is bad to begin with, the term simply has a societal stigma attached to it. I don't hold that stigma, a whore can be just as good as anyone else. the fact that she is comfortable with her sexuality is a good thing.)
A few more questions: Why is Starfire your favorite? Any story lines that might be helpful to understand more about her? Is she kinda different since the reboot?

Again, sorry if it seemed as though I was insulting your favorite character by calling her a whore. Didn't mean anything bad by it.

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
ScienceDog

He is the main creator of Spawn, He worked on the Amazing Spider-man. Before he left Marvel to found image with the other artists (Jim Lee, Jim Valentino, Marc Silvestri, Erik Larsen, Rob Liefeld, Whilce Portacio, and Chris Claremont) he wrote and drew for the title Spider-Man.

Maybe this will help explain things better than I can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_McFarlane#Career

Hmm. I checked the page and none of that sounds familiar...But the Spawn/Batman is weird...Company cross-overs are always odd to me. I don't really care for Spawn or Batman, but that comic does sound good.
How much different is the Spawn comic from the movie (which is about my extent of experience with Spawn)?

Dangerous Visionary

Caesar - A King -
Miss-dark8607
Well I was liking Action and I was sorry to drop it from my list. B&R, Batwoman, and WW I'm waiting for trades.

How was Action doing when you left? I LOVE WW. There is something about that one that is great. I don't own them, a friend does, but they let me read them...I can't wait till they get the next issue. What makes you like WW?

It was pretty boss I like the change up. Even though Supes and Lois aren't in love or anywhere close. Jimmy is spotlight stealer though. rofl IMPO each issue is just setting up for something bigger even though they hold its own. Then again Grant is the one who made me start reading Superman comic thanks to All Star so I'm totally bias. I haven't read WW yet I'm waiting for the trade as I'm not a big fan of that Brian. stare

Sparkly Fairy

Caesar - A King -

Yeah, I meant absolutely no disrespect to either Starfire or you when I said she was coming off as a whore and I agree that Earth morals don't hold for aliens. I was merely commenting that, from Earth standards for females, it seemed as if she was comfortable enough to be sexually active without emotional attachment (which is fine).
I have been reading a few other females, WW, BOP, and they didn't seem to have quite the same sexual appeal as Starfire (but I do agree that all of the DCU females have been drawn in a sexually provocative way. I'd go farther and say that even the males are drawn in a way that gives false body images).
The first impression (of her being kinda whore like), is acceptable for me to make. As I get to know her, and her story, I might revise that assumption. However, the first issue sex that she had with Harper seemed like a whore move (not that being a whore is bad to begin with, the term simply has a societal stigma attached to it. I don't hold that stigma, a whore can be just as good as anyone else. the fact that she is comfortable with her sexuality is a good thing.)
A few more questions: Why is Starfire your favorite? Any story lines that might be helpful to understand more about her? Is she kinda different since the reboot?

Again, sorry if it seemed as though I was insulting your favorite character by calling her a whore. Didn't mean anything bad by it.

No no, You didn't come off as an insult to my favorite character. I am only trying to defend Starfire. No worries.
3nodding

My reasons for liking her is her positive and care-free attitude. As I have mentioned before, She appears in Teen Titans the TV series.
Starfire is certainly different from Teen Titans to the Reboot of New 52. She has grown more mature, independent, and cold. I just feel that a persons sexual life shouldn't define their entire character into such a terrible word. But everyone has their own opinions, right?

Of course as you have said for yourself, allow yourself sometime to learn more about her.

Familiar Conversationalist

14,625 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Caesar - A King -
StellaYuna
Caesar - A King -
StellaYuna
Red Hood. Starfire, yo

Also one of my favorites. Is Starfire a favorite? I don't know much about her before RHATO.

Starfire was pretty popular in the animated Teen Titans.

She's my favorite. heart

She is kinda coming off as a whore in RHATO, was she as much of a whore in Teen Titans? I'm digging on her so far.
What else is she in, anything?

pre RHATO star fire was not a whore. Originally She was d**k Grayson's girlfriend.

Quote:
Any story lines that might be helpful to understand more about her?

read early 80s titans the tv starfire was like only a fraction of her character from the comics
Quote:
Is she kinda different since the reboot?

extremely Starfire was a very emotionally giving character who cared greatly for her friends. so the fact that she doesn't remember them and is bed hoping is very disapointing

Devoted Member

Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog

He is the main creator of Spawn, He worked on the Amazing Spider-man. Before he left Marvel to found image with the other artists (Jim Lee, Jim Valentino, Marc Silvestri, Erik Larsen, Rob Liefeld, Whilce Portacio, and Chris Claremont) he wrote and drew for the title Spider-Man.

Hmm. I checked the page and none of that sounds familiar...But the Spawn/Batman is weird...Company cross-overs are always odd to me. I don't really care for Spawn or Batman, but that comic does sound good.
How much different is the Spawn comic from the movie (which is about my extent of experience with Spawn)?

Crossovers are strange sometimes. The Spawn/ Batman one to me made almost no sense but I liked the art so I kept it. The movie is the beginning of the story, a few things are chopped out and changed but not too much. A few introductions of characters are either moved closer to fit in the movie, others are shown but have no lines, so you wouldn't recognize Angela or Sam & Twitch in the movie if you haven't read the first 20 or so issues. but that is alright. when I was younger that is what I watched first before I got into the comics, that and the HBO television show.

Shy Phantom

I'm excited for the Night of Owls Bat-Family arc~
Though a bit sad it seems Batwoman was left out.
Though maybe they'll slip her into one of the other titles,
it looks like they'll be putting Tim in even though Teen Titans isn't.

The Culling arc for Teen Titans/Legion Lost/Superboy looks
somewhat interesting, but I'm not as excited for it.

Speaking of Starfire, the only part of her character that really
bugs me is the whole memory deal. She can remember her life before Earth,
but not any of her old friends? Really? I'm hoping it's not true,
or at least a hint at a later story arc, and not just the writers having
no idea how to team her up with Jason without extreme awkwardness.

I thought going into the series I would be bothered by her promiscuity,
but I'm actually not. I'm just kinda eh about it, and again, as long as her
extreme change is explained further later on, I'm okay with it.
Though I've only read up to #5, I'm a bit behind.

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Batman. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Supergirl, all the way. ^^

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Batwoman and Batgirl! heart

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
ScienceDog
Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog

Crossovers are strange sometimes. The Spawn/ Batman one to me made almost no sense but I liked the art so I kept it. The movie is the beginning of the story, a few things are chopped out and changed but not too much. A few introductions of characters are either moved closer to fit in the movie, others are shown but have no lines, so you wouldn't recognize Angela or Sam & Twitch in the movie if you haven't read the first 20 or so issues. but that is alright. when I was younger that is what I watched first before I got into the comics, that and the HBO television show.

I didn't even know there was an HBO show...

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Indulge [In Words]
I'm excited for the Night of Owls Bat-Family arc~
Though a bit sad it seems Batwoman was left out.
Though maybe they'll slip her into one of the other titles,
it looks like they'll be putting Tim in even though Teen Titans isn't.

The Culling arc for Teen Titans/Legion Lost/Superboy looks
somewhat interesting, but I'm not as excited for it.

Speaking of Starfire, the only part of her character that really
bugs me is the whole memory deal. She can remember her life before Earth,
but not any of her old friends? Really? I'm hoping it's not true,
or at least a hint at a later story arc, and not just the writers having
no idea how to team her up with Jason without extreme awkwardness.

I thought going into the series I would be bothered by her promiscuity,
but I'm actually not. I'm just kinda eh about it, and again, as long as her
extreme change is explained further later on, I'm okay with it.
Though I've only read up to #5, I'm a bit behind.

Yeah, that Owl Night seems like it could be good.
I don't play with the teens, how they going?

I understand your criticism of Starfire, I wondered about that memory problem as well. Are you familiar with Starfire before the restart?
I know I started RHATO because of Roy, why did you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff