Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
hi guys, I was just wondering if any of you could offer some insight. What exactly is Batwoman's tie to the batfamily. I understand we have batman and all of his robins, we have batman's friendship with commissioner goden, hence batgirl. but what is his connection to batwoman. I understand that she is a really old character and back then they didn't really need a good reason to have a female batman. in fact the only reason they originally created her was to squash rumours about batman being gay (ironic that she's a lesbian now lol) but why does batman let her wear the bat symbol, and how close actually is she to the bat family?

Versatile Receiver

She first showed up during 52 when Batman was absent. She'd seen him in action once when she was a bit younger so when he disappeared she (with her dad helping) made the Batwoman gear and picked up the slack

When Bats was back he was down with what she was doing so she stayed Batwoman. Plus I think she and Bruce are actually cousins or something? She doesn't have much to do with the original Batwoman beyond being called Batwoman and having a similar name

She's not super connected to the rest of the Batfamily although it sounds like that might change soon, I think

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Vartox
She first showed up during 52 when Batman was absent. She'd seen him in action once when she was a bit younger so when he disappeared she (with her dad helping) made the Batwoman gear and picked up the slack

When Bats was back he was down with what she was doing so she stayed Batwoman. Plus I think she and Bruce are actually cousins or something? She doesn't have much to do with the original Batwoman beyond being called Batwoman and having a similar name

She's not super connected to the rest of the Batfamily although it sounds like that might change soon, I think

is she still Cassandra Kain? I mean have they created a new batwoman or just rebooted the old one?

Versatile Receiver

Cassandra Cain was the second Batgirl (she went by Black Bat later on)

Kathy Kane was the original Batwoman

Kate Kane is the current Batwoman, and no she isn't meant to be the same character as Kathy Kane. Kathy still exists as a separate character

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Vartox

Kate Kane is the current Batwoman, and no she isn't meant to be the same character as Kathy Kane. Kathy still exists as a separate character

ah okay, and wow, those two names are really similar lol. I mean I know they are spelt differently but is Kane and Cain still pronounced the same way?

Versatile Receiver

Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox

ah okay, and wow, those two names are really similar lol. I mean I know they are spelt differently but is Kane and Cain still pronounced the same way?
Hah yeah it's kind of silly. I think Kane and Cain are pronounced the same, yeah

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Vartox
Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox

Hah yeah it's kind of silly. I think Kane and Cain are pronounced the same, yeah

well any way thanks for answering my questions, though it makes it seem like anyone can join the bat family. all you have to do is wear a bat and fight crime in gotham and batman will give you the okay.

Versatile Receiver

Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox
Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox

well any way thanks for answering my questions, though it makes it seem like anyone can join the bat family. all you have to do is wear a bat and fight crime in gotham and batman will give you the okay.
well he did stalk her around a little bit to watch her in action before he okay'd her personally

although you're not too far off either, that's how half the Batfamily came to be

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Vartox
Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox
Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox

well he did stalk her around a little bit to watch her in action before he okay'd her personally

although you're not too far off either, that's how half the Batfamily came to be

you'd think the batman club would be a little more exclusive. especially given how personal his crusade actually is.
She's Bruce Wayne's cousin, but she's not actually a part of the Bat Family. Batman inspired her to take up the mantle, which is why she's "Batwoman", kind of like Babs and Batgirl, but she's not like one of the Robins Bruce hand picked and trained.

Steadfast Protector

And since she was written for political reasons, she's immune to deaths, unlike any Robin.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Max Mercury
And since she was written for political reasons, she's immune to deaths, unlike any Robin.

******** off
Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox
Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox
Jin_of_the_thunder
Vartox

you'd think the batman club would be a little more exclusive. especially given how personal his crusade actually is.
He used to be, but he let up a little in recent years, after forming Batman Inc.

Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Jin_of_the_thunder
hi guys, I was just wondering if any of you could offer some insight. What exactly is Batwoman's tie to the batfamily. I understand we have batman and all of his robins, we have batman's friendship with commissioner goden, hence batgirl. but what is his connection to batwoman. I understand that she is a really old character and back then they didn't really need a good reason to have a female batman. in fact the only reason they originally created her was to squash rumours about batman being gay (ironic that she's a lesbian now lol) but why does batman let her wear the bat symbol, and how close actually is she to the bat family?

WAIT....THERE is a bat woman? Is she hot? lol. Sorry, I really did not know. I need to finish catching up on super hero movies. I have been left out of the loop just about my whole life being stuck in a crazy nut house with my overly legalistic parents. So glad to be moved out with a REAL life. Is the movie called bat woman? Where can I watch this heroine?
SharkGirlFL
Jin_of_the_thunder

WAIT....THERE is a bat woman? Is she hot? lol. Sorry, I really did not know. I need to finish catching up on super hero movies. I have been left out of the loop just about my whole life being stuck in a crazy nut house with my overly legalistic parents. So glad to be moved out with a REAL life. Is the movie called bat woman? Where can I watch this heroine?
Batwoman hasn't appeared in any movies, shows, or cartoons, and probably won't for a long time. For now, her existence is exclusive to comics. She has a monthly title currently in print, and I recommend it highly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff