Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
This is going to sound weird, but I love my local comic book retailer... Well, actually, they are not even my local one anymore, but I still go there, that's how much I like the people and want to support them. They are kind, welcoming, super polite and recommend things without ever getting pushy... Just perfect for me, personally. I know they just bought the place a year ago and a lot of people expect it to fail because 'who opens comic book stores anymore, won't make any money, blah blah blah...'

Because of this, I was curious, what are the items that make the comic sellers the most money? Would it be the compilations, or the weekly comics? I theorize that they might even out, because weekly comics are cheaper but weekly while the book of compilations come out every 6 or so months if it's a running comic.

I just wanted to ask a group that might know. I'm currently buying the books, but that's almost entirely because I have trouble storing my comics properly and like being able to re-read them easily, which I feel like the books offer... Even though it sucks because I'm behind on all of my favorite series.

I know the question is hard to answer, but which of the two options is better for the retailer? I just want to know.
Best way to support your local comic retailer is to keep going.

Buying comics weekly is a bigger help than buying the TPB because a TPB is always cheaper than buying all the individual issues over the course of an arc. Plus it means you'd be up to date. But if you're low on storage not much else you can do I guess.

Other than that, if your store stocks other items like figurines and I'm guessing they will have a copy of the Previews Magazine. Every month just look through the Previews magazine for stuff to order in advance. That way you are able to see what's coming out when, order in advance and dedicate that sale to them 2 months in advance.

So yeah deffo check out their Previews book if you're not already doing so! It's a big help, me and a co-worker buy one between us and end up ordering well over £300 worth of stuff a month between us. On payday he goes and spends between £100-£130 every month due to the stuff he orders then has another 3 weeks worth of stuff on top of that.

Just to give you an idea at the business it can generate smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces