Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Seeker

5,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
So I've been following online comics for years and I was wondering if anyone one gaia might have a fav. 3nodding
My personal favirote is Girlgenius. Which is very steampunk and comedic.
www.girlgeniusonline.com There's the website if you'd like to check it out. wink

So what's your favirote might you have any suggestions?

Witty Warrior

I read quite a few webcomics (though some of them aren't really appropriate for the ToS so I feel iffy doing much more than mentioning them)

I've never read Girlgenius, but I'll check it out (:

My favorites are probably Gunnerkrigg Court, Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, and O Human Star.

There's a pretty new comic called Nimona by Gingerhaze that's pretty funny, it follows a young woman who wants to be the apprentice to an evil villain.

Liberal Entrepreneur

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
You should definitely check out Romantically Apocalyptic http://romanticallyapocalyptic.com/1
The artist uses a mixture of digital art, and photography. The comic takes place in a post-apocalyptic world and follows Captain (or Zee Captain) and his minions Snippy (the sniper), Pilot and later on Engie (the engineer). It totally enhances the experience if you can find the journals on Deviantart that go along with the comic/are by the characters, but you'll still understand without them.

Witty Warrior

Rocker_icy_hot
You should definitely check out Romantically Apocalyptic http://romanticallyapocalyptic.com/1
The artist uses a mixture of digital art, and photography. The comic takes place in a post-apocalyptic world and follows Captain (or Zee Captain) and his minions Snippy (the sniper), Pilot and later on Engie (the engineer). It totally enhances the experience if you can find the journals on Deviantart that go along with the comic/are by the characters, but you'll still understand without them.

i second this,
though i will warn that it uses a memes at times that were relevant when the strip was made that may feel old and overused when you read it. you kind of have to keep in mind that when those pages were made, the memes were at their height in popularity

Liberal Entrepreneur

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Zero_unit Kouya
Rocker_icy_hot

i second this,
though i will warn that it uses a memes at times that were relevant when the strip was made that may feel old and overused when you read it. you kind of have to keep in mind that when those pages were made, the memes were at their height in popularity

...though that's not to say that it's meme ridden bollockry. It sells itself as a bit of a comedy in the beginning and altogether is a satire.

Witty Warrior

Rocker_icy_hot
Zero_unit Kouya
Rocker_icy_hot

i second this,

...though that's not to say that it's meme ridden bollockry. It sells itself as a bit of a comedy in the beginning and altogether is a satire.

Oh I wasnt trying to say that it was just memes all over the place. Just that as someone who hasnt been reading from the begining, there were times i saw things while catching up and just thought "god im so sick of this being everywhere"
overall though, i love the comic, i think its really entertaining and i love the way the art is put together

Enduring Gaian

If we're talking about comic strips, the most I read is xkcd every few months - strips have never really been that interesting to me.

Otherwise, I really only bother with online graphic novels. I used to read them quite often, but most of the ones I enjoyed ended, or are on an indefinite hiatus, and I haven't really hunted down any others in the meantime.

Some of what I read/have read:

Inverloch, and The Phoenix Requiem, by Sarah Ellerton (finished). These were amazing, especially Inverloch, because you get to witness Ellerton's growth as an artist, going from below-average work to gorgeous panels, lines, colors and composition. She was famous for producing 3-4 pages a week in full color (and did an amazing job). Inverloch was my favorites, and a real inspiration for an aspiring artist.

Directions of Destiny by Hans Tseng (a.k.a. Slimu). Done in back-and-white in a more traditional manga style, and reminiscent of the feel of Revolutionary Girl Utena (although so far a completely different story) - unfortunately this guy hasn't updated in forever, though he claims to be eternally working on the project.

HERO by Hwei, which until last month hadn't updated in like a year. It is one of my favorites. Atypical storytelling format, but compelling art and an intriguing story with interesting prose. The whole thing feels extraordinarily introspective. This is probably my favorite heart , strange as it may be.

Haru-Sari by Min Kwon. Updates regularly, but I actually haven't read it in over a year. Kind of out of the loop, but what I did read was pretty good. It's just hard to get back into without starting from the beginning, because of the complexity.

The Meek by D Helmer. Apparently on Hiatus (the best stuff always is). This story was pretty awesome, even though so far it's only just getting off the ground. An interesting combination of serious and funny. Unfortunately, as mentioned, it hasn't been updated in a while.

Delilah Dirk and The Turkish Lieutenant by Tony Cliff. I only just discovered this recently, and it will probably be the thing that gets me reading online again. It's an action adventure, but delightfully non-European as near as I can tell.

Dapper Raider

2,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
I recently got really into Homestuck. It starts out a little slow but once you get in to the meat of it it's awesome.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I rather like Ogla-wait. I can't mention that one on here. Uh...Hanna Is Not A Boys Name, Ansem Retort, Lackadaisy Cats, Looking For Group, Scandinavia and The World, Awkward Zombie, Homestuck (obviously), Warrior U, Devilbear The Grimoires of Bearzelbub, Sandra and Woo, VG Cats, Cyanide and Happiness . Romantically Apocalyptic is really funny (to me, at least). I like a lot of web comics. sweatdrop

Dapper Raider

2,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
I don't think anyone's mentioned sluggyfreelance, it'll keep you busy for a few years catching up though. But it's got some superb arcs.

Dapper Genius

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100
  • Hygienic 200
Clearly you guys have better taste than i do but i do read at least a few of the ones you guys do lol

my reads:

Devilbear
The Meek
Liberty Meadows
Tinkers of the Wasteland
Menage a 3
Slimy Thief
Rocket Fox
Wonder Momo
Kiwi Blitz
Power Nap
Terra

i read at least a dozen other "scanlated" releases of manga and manhwa too.

Nimble Lunatic

12,850 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
CelestialChild

Inverloch, and The Phoenix Requiem, by Sarah Ellerton (finished). These were amazing, especially Inverloch, because you get to witness Ellerton's growth as an artist, going from below-average work to gorgeous panels, lines, colors and composition. She was famous for producing 3-4 pages a week in full color (and did an amazing job). Inverloch was my favorites, and a real inspiration for an aspiring artist.

Directions of Destiny by Hans Tseng (a.k.a. Slimu). Done in back-and-white in a more traditional manga style, and reminiscent of the feel of Revolutionary Girl Utena (although so far a completely different story) - unfortunately this guy hasn't updated in forever, though he claims to be eternally working on the project.

I love Inverloch and Phoenix Requiem, I also used to read Directions of Destiny! I had forgotten the name of it though and was thinking about it the other day. It's sad to know that it still hasn't updated. The art was fantastic.

Nimble Lunatic

12,850 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
I've been reading QC for quite a few years now and have loved how Jephs art has transformed over the years. I've also enjoy xkcd though sometimes I do a bit of further reading to understand the science references.

I don't really read many other webcomics otherwise anymore.

Dapper Genius

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100
  • Hygienic 200
oh man how could i forget --- THE PERRY BIBLE FELLOWSHIP
shame on you if you don't already read it. only flaw is that, like all masterpieces, it takes forever for the creator upload to post new pages.

Dainty Spirit

12,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
I have a small collection of comics. I really enjoyed the Crimson and Ghost series. I also loved Ten. it's hard to find good comics where I live lately. you get attached to one and the store , then they move or discontinue. Dark Minds is another good one. I will look into your suggestion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff