Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
When I was younger I was a huge fan of the Archie Comics, but as I got older I started to hate the series. It was the same story all the time, and very few of the collected digests had new stories. So, the series started to die out for me.
However, recently I came across Afterlife with Archie, where it takes the Archie characters and puts them in a zombie type situation. It sounds cheesy, but the story is really good, I have the first six volumes on my kindle fire.
For those who would like to check it out, keep in mind the style used for the comic is not like what we would see with a regular Archie comic, it uses the art style we would see more in comics like Superman or Batman, meaning it is not as cartoony.
The Story:
Jughead loses Hot Dog, after Hot Dog is hit by a car, and seeks Sabrina's help to save him. Things snowball from there. Jughead is patient zero, meaning he is the first to get zombified, and he is basically the leader of the zombies that are going after the survivors.
Note: The story has a Pet Semetary vibe to it with Hot Dog, and Sabrina is severely punished for her actions. Betty and Veronica are much more catty with each other, and tend to put each other down, but they are still friends underneath it all. There are other really good parts, but I don't want to spoil them for you, and if you have read the series, I already know who it was the accidently started the entire thing. ^_^
I haven't read it yet, but I want to. like you, I used to read a lot of archie comics. I never really liked archie himself, but I loved betty and jughead and everyone else. so hearing about afterlife with archie has piqued my interest.

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
It is a really good story, the artwork is different, and the characters are a bit more interesting, especially Archie. I won't spoil it, but it is really interesting so far.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff