Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you followed any of the New 52?

Yes! And I love what I've read! 0.33870967741935 33.9% [ 21 ]
Yes, but they're not what I expected. 0.2258064516129 22.6% [ 14 ]
No, not really. 0.29032258064516 29.0% [ 18 ]
Other...will respond in a reply.. 0.14516129032258 14.5% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 62 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

Overall, it's one big, massive One More Day that needs to be retconned out of existense for the real universe to come back.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Not digging it then? Out of curiosity, which titles have you read? :la

Devoted Member

I will admit, I dropped a few titles but I am keeping up with Batman as long as Greg and Scott stay on that title I am a happy boy.

But also since I haven bought all of the new 52 I have been looking into borrowing or reading in store some of the hard backs and trades of the first 5-7 issues of most of the first batch of the new 52. I liked a few but yeah.

my current new 52 pull is just Batman, Detective Comics, Flash, and Nightwing. I started with 14 titles from the new 52 but my interest in the other titles dropped or the book got dropped from the ranks to make way for a second wave or third... And of course my budget was a factor as well. So I had to boil it down to 4 titles, but I am loving what I am getting.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

ScienceDog
I will admit, I dropped a few titles but I am keeping up with Batman as long as Greg and Scott stay on that title I am a happy boy.

But also since I haven bought all of the new 52 I have been looking into borrowing or reading in store some of the hard backs and trades of the first 5-7 issues of most of the first batch of the new 52. I liked a few but yeah.

my current new 52 pull is just Batman, Detective Comics, Flash, and Nightwing. I started with 14 titles from the new 52 but my interest in the other titles dropped or the book got dropped from the ranks to make way for a second wave or third... And of course my budget was a factor as well. So I had to boil it down to 4 titles, but I am loving what I am getting.
Snyder is pretty epic huh wink Sorry to hear you've dropped 10 titles due to lack of interest and funds :c. Seems like the big DC titles are still going strong. Was tempted to get Nightwing 0, but decided against it at the time. But in reading your response, I'm thinking I'll pick it up next I hit up the comic store.

Sorry my response is so discombobulated. Working the overnight at Target for BF prep. @.@

Devoted Member

ajsnoopy
ScienceDog

Snyder is pretty epic huh wink Sorry to hear you've dropped 10 titles due to lack of interest and funds :c. Seems like the big DC titles are still going strong. Was tempted to get Nightwing 0, but decided against it at the time. But in reading your response, I'm thinking I'll pick it up next I hit up the comic store.

Sorry my response is so discombobulated. Working the overnight at Target for BF prep. @.@

Snyder is awesome, I went to Batman because of Greg Capullo, to be honest I wasn't familiar with Snyder's writing so I went to read American Vampire before the new 52 started and was blown away. The 0 issue for Nightwing was to reintroduce Lady Shiva.

And no worries, good luck for Black Friday stuff.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

ScienceDog
Snyder is awesome, I went to Batman because of Greg Capullo, to be honest I wasn't familiar with Snyder's writing so I went to read American Vampire before the new 52 started and was blown away. The 0 issue for Nightwing was to reintroduce Lady Shiva.

And no worries, good luck for Black Friday stuff.
Amen to that, my friend. He's definitely stepping in as a core writer for Batman these days. Like Johns with Green Lantern biggrin . Picked up so many GL from the Black Friday sale at a nearby comic book shop. Need mooooar. Haha! Sadly the place didn't have Nightwing #0. Foo.

Black Friday was insane, as were the shifts. But overall it was a success for the store. Have any interesting BF adventures to divulge? Not big into shopping on that day myself...
Dropped everything DC when they rebooted. I'll come back when the management changes.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Kyoujin Tsuru
Dropped everything DC when they rebooted. I'll come back when the management changes.
Have you read any of the new 52? I know I was hesitant at first, but I've found a few roses among the thorns. What were/are some of your favorite DC titles?
ajsnoopy
Kyoujin Tsuru
Have you read any of the new 52? I know I was hesitant at first, but I've found a few roses among the thorns. What were/are some of your favorite DC titles?
I liked R.E.B.E.L.S., Birds of Prey, Secret Six, and Batgirl.
Batman and Robin, Red Lanter, Catwoman and Teen Titans were hands down my favorites. Couldn't get into the others
Reading these titles.

Animal Man
Batman
Justice League Dark
Stormwatch
Swamp Thing

Dangerous Genius

Pretty much all of my feelings on the New 52 are outlined here, but if you want to discuss specific titles, I'm game.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Kurokashi-san
Nice choices! Thoughts on how Stormwatch is developing? Originally a fan of The Authority and started picking up Stormwatch a year into the run.
aSpaceman
Definitely liking the Catwoman of the DotF series thus far. Perhaps I will check out the earlier issues! Is Batman and Robin Bruce and Damian?
Kodako Takabe
Very nice outline and description of your pickups and what you've read! Loving the list wink . I see that you're still liking the female-character titled books. At what point in time (DCU) do each of them take place? Post Final Crisis and all that jazz?

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Of the non-Before Watchmen titles DC has been releasing, I only read Batwoman. I'm considering picking up Batman because I've heard great things about it, but I'd rather not get into the whole Bat Family so I'm a bit wary of picking it for fear of it necessitating knowing what's going on in the others.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Disa Uniflora
Another vote for Batwoman! I sure am missing out, looks like. I understand the indecision about picking up Batman at this point in time. Didn't pick up any before the Death of the Family for the reason you stated and others. The Court of Owls crossed over into other series and I wasn't at all interested in another underground cult-type story. Seemed too much like the Black Glove ark to me, but that's just my opinion. If you're a fan of Batman and Joker and how they used to be way back when, I'd suggest picking up the latest set of DotF issues. However, you will be picking up at least 6 different titles through February.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff