Total Votes:[ 62 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 >

Liberal Loverboy

12,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Loiterer 100
ajsnoopy

I thiiiink it might take place before this whole thing, yes. Then again, we could be wrong xd . I don't even know since the timeline is all screwy.

I kind of like Nightwing's thinking: either Bruce was lying or he was wrong (about Joker knowing their identities). And oh snap! The Bat could be wrong?? Going to agree with you at this point in the possibility of the Batfamily breaking up after this whole thing. Will they get back together much further down the road? Who knows...

About your avatar, I think you've done a pretty decent job with what Gaia has to provide. I understand you in regards to the jetpacks, too xd . Some are just too...flashy? :la

Time for some R.I.P. Joker. Yep rolleyes

Batman admitting he's wrong: now that'd be a revelation/twist!

"...and you get Alfred every alternate weekend." Yup, they would probably re-unite, or at least, hold a reunion some time down the track. Even Alfred returned after a stint of absence sometime after Knightfall, so there's hope for them yet. But I wonder how Harper Row factors into this, since her name's popped up in the Batman blurbs one issue after DotF.

R.I.P. Joker! Great job, that. twisted

And speaking of which, I'm pretty glad that Morrison got to keep much of his canon leading up to the New 52 (just a pity, like I mentioned earlier, that his reach couldn't extend to Tim, Cass or Steph!).

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

g00kie_m0nster
Wouldn't it be? Just makes him seem more human :la.

Awww...poor Alfred wouldn't know what to do with himself. He'd probably try talking some sense into Bruce and the Batkids. The usual. That's why we love Alfred!

And I guess we'll see what goes down with Harper soon enough, I hope. The story is creating issues, but it's also keeping me interested.

Not too big a fan of Morrison, but I agree about Tim, Cass, and Stephanie. I sure do miss those two heart . That thread discussing Black Bat and Spoiler has some interesting ideas. It confounds me why the editors want to dismiss them for the New 52, but completely f**k up the origin stories of those that remain.

Liberal Loverboy

12,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Loiterer 100
ajsnoopy
g00kie_m0nster

Awww...poor Alfred wouldn't know what to do with himself. He'd probably try talking some sense into Bruce and the Batkids. The usual. That's why we love Alfred!

And I guess we'll see what goes down with Harper soon enough, I hope. The story is creating issues, but it's also keeping me interested.

Not too big a fan of Morrison, but I agree about Tim, Cass, and Stephanie. I sure do miss those two heart . That thread discussing Black Bat and Spoiler has some interesting ideas. It confounds me why the editors want to dismiss them for the New 52, but completely f**k up the origin stories of those that remain.

When it comes to what Alfred is going to do post DotF, it'll all depend on how he fares. Who knows; maybe he'll have a hand in helping Harper become the tech support/hero/moral compass that (this continuity's) Batman may need.

Cassandra and Steph's absence from the New 52 might be a blessing in disguise, considering how many of their (female) compatriots are going (Wonder Woman, Starfire, Amanda Waller, etc.).

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

g00kie_m0nster
ajsnoopy
g00kie_m0nster

When it comes to what Alfred is going to do post DotF, it'll all depend on how he fares. Who knows; maybe he'll have a hand in helping Harper become the tech support/hero/moral compass that (this continuity's) Batman may need.

Cassandra and Steph's absence from the New 52 might be a blessing in disguise, considering how many of their (female) compatriots are going (Wonder Woman, Starfire, Amanda Waller, etc.).
I am seriously hoping that Alfred ends up okay after this event. I do have a theory about what's on the platter, though...guess we'll see in a couple weeks!

Not liking the writing or stories for the female led comic lines? I have heard good things aabout Wonder Woman but I have yet to pick up an issue myself.

To everyone: thoughts on Superman? I picked up the 0 issue and thought the origin story was...interesting. :la

Liberal Loverboy

12,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Loiterer 100
ajsnoopy
I am seriously hoping that Alfred ends up okay after this event. I do have a theory about what's on the platter, though...guess we'll see in a couple weeks!

Not liking the writing or stories for the female led comic lines? I have heard good things aabout Wonder Woman but I have yet to pick up an issue myself.

To everyone: thoughts on Superman? I picked up the 0 issue and thought the origin story was...interesting. :la

Considering the size of the platter, I think it'd have to be a Jokerised bat or robin, or possibly a (fake?) body part of some sort so the Joker could teeter the various Batfamily members over the edge. Or worse: Alfred's face (or a fake version of his or another Batfamily member's face)?

The only female-led book I'm regularly reading at the moment is Batwoman; it's not bad, but I felt that Greg Rucka did a better job.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

g00kie_m0nster
Was thinking the same as to what's on the platter xd . Just based on the villains reactions, a dead bat would be appropriate. "Back off Batkids, or this is how daddy will end up." I don't even know...

But you could also be right about him screwing with everyone and putting different faces, parts, things on the platter to screw with each individual.

Batwoman is turning out to be a fairly decent book. Sadly, I have about a third of the issues thus far sweatdrop . Thinking I'll need to go back through my collection and look to see what Rucka has done over the years..I may have a few of his books. :la

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
ajsnoopy
g00kie_m0nster
ajsnoopy
g00kie_m0nster

And so it has been and so it is written,
On the doorway to paradise...

I can't speak for the main title but my husband and I picked up the first few issues of Action comics and neither of us were fans. Angry and angsty Superman? Yeah, no thanks...

I've also heard that Lobdell has done a pretty good job of destroying Lois Lane's character when he took over the regular Superman title. Having not read it personally I can't speak to that absolutely 100% ohwaitthisisLobdellwe'retalkingabout.

...That those who falter and those who fall
Must pay the price!

Dapper Hunter

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
A lot of the New 52 were hit and miss for me. I think the writing for Catwoman and Animal man was amazing and I also really enjoyed Justice League Dark.

Versatile Receiver

I've been meaning to pick up Superman cuz I heard the H'el crossover is surprisingly decent and also I've seen some pages of Rocafort's art on the title and I really love it gonk heart

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Winniwyn
We see the introduction of Steel in the first few issues of AC, right? I have issue 2 or 3, and Supes is fighting someone and Steel appears and...mayhem.

It does sadden me that so many things have been rewritten or just reconstructed from the ground up. Relationships, origins, personalities, appearances...Some do make sense, but a number just make you shake your head and wonder what's going on with DC's higher ups. And hey, Lobdell seems to love Tim Drake, too. rolleyes

Dallasfawn
Seems like Catwoman is hit or miss, as well. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it, though smile . Have yet to pick up an issue of Animal Man...at what point in his canon does it take place?

Vartox
You're the first I've heard talk about the H'el crossover! I keep looking at the covers (and hey, Flash is in one of the issues this week) but can't decide if it's a story I want to invest in. Gotta let us know how it goes if you start to pick up the issues!

Dapper Hunter

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
ajsnoopy
Winniwyn
We see the introduction of Steel in the first few issues of AC, right? I have issue 2 or 3, and Supes is fighting someone and Steel appears and...mayhem.

It does sadden me that so many things have been rewritten or just reconstructed from the ground up. Relationships, origins, personalities, appearances...Some do make sense, but a number just make you shake your head and wonder what's going on with DC's higher ups. And hey, Lobdell seems to love Tim Drake, too. rolleyes

Dallasfawn
Seems like Catwoman is hit or miss, as well. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it, though smile . Have yet to pick up an issue of Animal Man...at what point in his canon does it take place?

Vartox
You're the first I've heard talk about the H'el crossover! I keep looking at the covers (and hey, Flash is in one of the issues this week) but can't decide if it's a story I want to invest in. Gotta let us know how it goes if you start to pick up the issues!

A lot of people I know didn't like how sexual Catwoman is portrayed in the 52 but I think it fits her personality really well. As for Animal Man, it basically just picks back up from the old storyline with Buddy still being married to Ellen, working as a pretty much full time super hero, and then he finds out that Maxine (his daughter) is the Avatar of The Red and then the action just keeps going from there!

Tipsy Gawker

4,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Vartox
I've been meaning to pick up Superman cuz I heard the H'el crossover is surprisingly decent and also I've seen some pages of Rocafort's art on the title and I really love it gonk heart

I love Supergirl and Superboy, but I can't stand Superman. But that He'l crossover is simply amazing. I'm always on edge waiting for the next segment issue. Cannot wait.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

King Ursa Major

I love Supergirl and Superboy, but I can't stand Superman. But that He'l crossover is simply amazing. I'm always on edge waiting for the next segment issue. Cannot wait.

Well that settles it. I shall be looking forward to the graphic novel once it is released ;D. Are there any other heroes involved aside from Batman and The Flash?

Fluffy Exhibitionist

13,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
ajsnoopy
King Ursa Major

Well that settles it. I shall be looking forward to the graphic novel once it is released ;D. Are there any other heroes involved aside from Batman and The Flash?
Someone told me George Takei also shows up, but I don't think this was a reliable source. sad

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Bani Slasher
Someone told me George Takei also shows up, but I don't think this was a reliable source. sad
Sulu?! Whoa...heck, that would be pretty freaking cool. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces