Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which direction are you heading?

Hobby 0.52 52.0% [ 13 ]
Career 0.48 48.0% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]

Whats the future for your comic? Something you do for fun? Are you trying to make a career out of it? How do you plan to do it? What is your back up plan? I'm just curious about what's going through peoples minds here?
For me, its heading to a "Hobby" direction i think. Not really sure yet, but if I can really focus and choose, I would like to take the next step and make this a "Career"
My current project is a hybrid for fun/self-promotion piece. I'm definitely going to finish it, but I don't think it will be my finest work. It'll be "that thing I slaved over in college to learn how to make comics".

As for comic work in general, yeah, I think it would be nice to do it as a career, but I'm not convinced enough that I could make a living to cancel all my other options.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I'm making Cans of Beans the very best comic it can be, just because it's fun and I can. I do plan on publishing it, at the very least. But, who knows where it will take me.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
My comic is for promotional and learning purposes, but I also want to turn it into something more.

Dapper Explorer

Even though I'm unsure about taking up comic-making as a future career, I hesitate to label something so important to me as a "hobby." Hobby implies something interchangeable that you do to fill up extra time.

I'd like to be a teacher as my endgame career, but right now that's looking about as stable as comics.
a hobby, but one i plan to keep doing.
i chose my career and i'm happy with it, i don't want to make comics out of obligation.
Since I'm just starting out, it's a hobby. However I would love to make it something more and maybe open my own studio/ publishing company in the long run. That's 10 or 20 years down the road though.
It's just a hobby for me. It would be fun to do it professionally, but I like my day job too much to quit, even if it were to focus on art. I'm quite happy sharing my comics with the world via the web. It would be great to publish professionally one day, but it isn't a priority for me right now.
I wouldn't be remotely happy doing anything else.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
IronSpike
I wouldn't be remotely happy doing anything else.

pretty much EXACTLY this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces