Welcome to Gaia! ::

limey_fruitcake's Husband

Yea, I've cried so much from homestuck. Do you cosplay? biggrin

Quotable Trash

8,650 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Favorite human is Dave, favorite troll is Equius.

Favorite anyone is Jack Noir.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

X_Jade-Harley_X

Ahhh, unfortnately I do not. sad I have little enough money to play the Gaia market to squeeze in some good items for here to look the part, but outside of the virtual world I'm afraid my funds fall far short of creating anything remotely similar to a costume. sad

Dizzy the Clown

Ahhh, yes, yes, Jack. While the fellow is always a favorite I do somehow tend to forget about the carapaces. How awful of me. o:

Adorable Cat

21,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • That One Hero 500
X_Jade-Harley_X

cute avatar

+~+Clock Works+~+
X_Jade-Harley_X

Ahhh, unfortnately I do not. sad I have little enough money to play the Gaia market to squeeze in some good items for here to look the part, but outside of the virtual world I'm afraid my funds fall far short of creating anything remotely similar to a costume. sad

Oh D: well it's not too expensive but it's really fun biggrin you should try sometime c: if there's Homestucks around where you live cx

Dizzy the Clown

Ahhh, yes, yes, Jack. While the fellow is always a favorite I do somehow tend to forget about the carapaces. How awful of me. o:

Adorable Honey
X_Jade-Harley_X

cute avatar

Thank you smile

Unsealed Gatekeeper

X_Jade-Harley_X
Oh D: well it's not too expensive but it's really fun biggrin you should try sometime c: if there's Homestucks around where you live cx

Ah, there are yes and no. Yes as in there is a group in this state, no it is not nearby. Yes I know someone in the group, no I am not close personal friends with her so I can't travel with her. Yes I speak with her regularly, but no it's not about Homestuck, unfortunately. (It's generally about art or the other group we attend that is nearby my home, though it's further from hers.)

I also have numerous reasons why I have incredible troubles cosplaying (as a general rule, not just for Hs). I do hate making excuses so if I were to spot something that I could use I would snatch it up immediately (should coin be no issue), but I try my best to simply not go shopping (because coin tends to be an issue).

Beloved Sex Symbol

+~+Clock Works+~+
X_Jade-Harley_X

I'm actually working on my "human troll cosplay" of gamzee because my friend gave me her old black and purple ICP Tripp pants xD

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Sukyami
I'm actually working on my "human troll cosplay" of gamzee because my friend gave me her old black and purple ICP Tripp pants xD

That sound delightful~ I've seen quite a few trolls cosplayed as human, and I very much enjoy seeing how unique they can be while still keeping the sense of the character in mind.
John, dave and jake!!!

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
I really don't get the appeal of Homestuck. I read the first... chapter? Whatever they're called. And it's just sort of okay. I don't think I cared much for the direction it was going in, and... I'm sorry, but the fans have a habit of being kind of irritating.

Erm... I'll be on my way now.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Xiam
I really don't get the appeal of Homestuck. I read the first... chapter? Whatever they're called. And it's just sort of okay. I don't think I cared much for the direction it was going in, and... I'm sorry, but the fans have a habit of being kind of irritating.

I understand your apprehension at the idea of a largely underage fanbase, generally leading to quite a bit of misunderstandings and childish behavior, especially when adding in the fact they are fans of uncouth hijinks and homicidal alien children. On top of that, I too found myself unable to defeat the battle of boredom and confusion that makes up a good portion of the first chapter the first two times I attempted to read the webcomic.

I will say, however, that the first chapter gives you almost no sight into the story itself, and I liken it to the Disc World books - the first is very different from the rest. The direction of the story has been difficult to follow and surprising at quite a few turns, and gives readers something new to reflect on nearly every update.

I fully and happily respect your preferences, as Homestuck really is, as a whole, something that does not appeal to a great audience. In fact, one of my closest friends has a deep seeded hatred of the webcomic, and it's fans. Though, I'll tell you what I told her: you shouldn't dislike something just because someone else enjoys it, even if the way they enjoy it is not how you would enjoy it. Everyone has things they enjoy or do not enjoy, and it is perfectly natural to not enjoy what someone else does. smile

Beloved Sex Symbol

Xiam

I can understand that. the first 2 acts are really hard to get into.
it took me a few times reading it to finally put the effort into reading past the first couple of acts.
As for the fanbase, EVERY fanbase has its good bad and ugly

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Sukyami

And unfortunately the bad and ugly tend to be the most noisy of every fanbase.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Xiam
Sukyami

And unfortunately the bad and ugly tend to be the most noisy of every fanbase.

oh lord i know Dx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces