Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I have an idea for a manga I would like to see come to life. It would be a quick one-shot roughly 8-15 pages. WARNING - There will be lots of movement and perspective so as to push the artists abilities plus to keep the story engaging. Emotions will be present as well.

The basic plot is this. It is in the middle of the battle that the heroine is in. During which, she is having specific flashbacks to her lifes journey up to that moment. Moments such as lost loves, family, almost losing a child she adopted and the life of a hu-beast girl she was with hanging in the balance. (hu-beasts can be anything from furry creatures to just plain simple nekos or humans with animal ears). Finally, she will look back down into a valley and an image of the hu-beast girl injured in a bed and her adopted child beside here will come to mind. She will smile and turn forward once more to face an entire army stating with absolute might that she will not falter. Battle ensues even far more fierce than before as she unleashes the power within her. In the end, it will show her sword stuck to the ground with a basic dialogue seeming as if she died. The last panel will depict a door opening and the adopted child looking at the doorway with surprised eyes that could also be interpreted as fear as the shadow from the doorway covers her face.

I hope this is good enough as a teaser or an idea as to what's happening. I will be writing this in a traditional manga written format with as much detail per panel as possible. The panel situation is up to the artist unless stated otherwise cause I can panel. That I have confidence in. So, any takers? ^_^

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
It sounds....pretty awesome....
Hybernation

Thanks. ^_^ Now if only I could find an artist willing and able to do this. lol I wanna post it on my mobile site, but with full credit towards where its due. Obviously they'd have full rights as well to post it where ever they please as long as I'm credited for the story. ^_^

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Kaemon1217
Hybernation

Thanks. ^_^ Now if only I could find an artist willing and able to do this. lol I wanna post it on my mobile site, but with full credit towards where its due. Obviously they'd have full rights as well to post it where ever they please as long as I'm credited for the story. ^_^
Hm, you should get multiple artists to each do some, as you can see how the story could be different. I think I'd like to try a little...
Hybernation
Kaemon1217
Hybernation

Hm, you should get multiple artists to each do some, as you can see how the story could be different. I think I'd like to try a little...
Well go for it ^_^ I don't mind at all. I actually would like to encourage others to try it just because it's great practice in the first place. ^_^ Pm me any questions you have. I'd be more than happy to answer them ^_^
Just bumping the thread. If anyones interested please pm me if you'd like to know any details. Still very much interested in finding an artist for my story, but I'm more than happy to have more than one artist to depict the story. Alls well that ends well, as they say.
Bumpin just to see if theres any takers out there who are willing to do this. You don't have to be phenominal. Think of it as practice. crying I just wanna see how some people draw this. crying
I might try have a go, if you'd let me. I'm new, though...just joined today.
Comet2260
I might try have a go, if you'd let me. I'm new, though...just joined today.
I say go for it. I encourage people to draw outside of comfort zones cause it's just a great experience lol Pm me if you're still interested
Bump for I stiill looking for artist who will not flake.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Sorry, but generally if you want an artist that will not flake for certain there are usually three options. Either a friend(social obligation) or money(making it worth their time), or your script is so amazing it makes people with a background in comics want to do it for free. Even then, I've had friends flake on a collab.

Comics are hard. Many of the artists that that offer to do a comic on this forum have never done one before, which is why they flake when they realize how much work it is. Asking for links to previous comics might weed those types out a bit.
Seijaku_Ishida
Sorry, but generally if you want an artist that will not flake for certain there are usually three options. Either a friend(social obligation) or money(making it worth their time), or your script is so amazing it makes people with a background in comics want to do it for free. Even then, I've had friends flake on a collab.

Comics are hard. Many of the artists that that offer to do a comic on this forum have never done one before, which is why they flake when they realize how much work it is. Asking for links to previous comics might weed those types out a bit.
I know. I guess a part of me has some wishful thinking.

Blessed Vampire

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
I donĀ“t know how it is for others but I do not see how so much stuff can be fitted in 8-15 pages without becoming incredibly confusing. O_o Surely one can draw that much by putting 10+ pages per page but that is pretty hard to read and neither can you set an atmosphere nor convey feelings.

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Sounds kinda cool if we can get more than one artist on the team. I just don't really want to be the only one. Take a look at my gallery and tell me if you like the style or not.

http://xmegantronx.deviantart.com/
XMegantronX
Sounds kinda cool if we can get more than one artist on the team. I just don't really want to be the only one. Take a look at my gallery and tell me if you like the style or not.

http://xmegantronx.deviantart.com/
. You most definitely have a nice style. If it makes you feel any better I can be the secondary style for screen toning. My deviant name is sasaki-kaemon. I use Photoshop cs4. If you're still interested pm me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff