Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

It's already written!
Renewing this ol' thread.

Hey, y'all.

I know I've been here for a bit, dishing out advice sometimes, but I figure I might as well throw this script out here, too.

As it states above, I'm looking for an artist. As of now, I am unable to pay them in any way, including virtual currency. I have a script completely written and done for a concept and character set which I currently call "Pity the Dead", better title pending.

(HTML)

(Also, I have another, much shorter script that, if anyone might prefer to draw that, they can. It also has the main character's descriptions in it as well. It goes on into another chapter, but it's not quite finished yet) (HTML)

Overall Synopsis: Zombies exist. A small group of unique individuals hunt down the flesh-eating things around the world. They are not chosen, but volunteer, and based on their physical and mental strength, are allowed to join the group. These are the sh*t workers of zombie hunting, the guys that have to look through muggy forests and hot deserts, trying to survive the conditions so that you can sleep in your bed and feel comfortable, knowing that anything that wants to eat your face is safely eliminated. These are the stories of these zombie hunters and what they go through to keep you safe.

Script Synopsis: A team of 6 is dispatched across an icy tundra to find a relatively small group of zombies that has been found by intelligence. Charlotte, the newbie, is taken on her first mission out of training.

I doubt there's a lot I can say beyond just showing you the scrip, the short, overall premise, and saying that I cannot pay you. This concept has been in my mind for a long time, or at least, these characters have been. They've been developed over several years into the entities that they are now, and I finally believe they are ready for drawing.

I'll give a lot of freedom to the artist in the way of design, style, and panel layout. Most of the stuff on there is just vague suggestions, though I can be more or less vague depending on what you prefer. I could even go as far as to make up thumbnails, if you're into that sort of thing.

I'll also accept any sort of critique. I've wanted to make this for a long-running series for a while, but I don't really have artist friends, so I figure I can get different artists to do different scripts. If you want to stay for me for longer, though, let me know! I'll be posting this up onto a comic hosting website, and you may post it anywhere you choose as well.

Let me know what you think, guys, and thanks for reading.

P.S., If you can't open the file, let me know and I can get it to you a different way.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
it sounds pretty good actually i really woundnt mind reading it again your a good writer :3
but there must be art XD
oh wow. i really enjoyed reading that, and it was so easy to visualize it all o w o
do you know how tempting this is? fuuuuu. i really like it...

Profitable Prophet

commandor james
it sounds pretty good actually i really woundnt mind reading it again your a good writer :3
but there must be art XD

Yes, that is why I wish to get an artist! Thank you.

Chuuko san
oh wow. i really enjoyed reading that, and it was so easy to visualize it all o w o
do you know how tempting this is? fuuuuu. i really like it...

Thanks! I'm really glad it's tempting you. Think about it...
Niiwa

oh idk if my art is what you'd be looking for tho ; ~ ; ''

Profitable Prophet

Chuuko san

Oh, pshwa. Your art is very good! I'm really not super picky on the style, and I like peoples interpretations of the characters and directions in the script.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
I read this straight to the end, wonderful storytelling. I'd love to work on something like this. Short enough that I don't have to dedicate a lot of my life, long enough that I'd learn something from it. I'm not sure if my art is what you're looking for, however you can get a glimpse from my blog in my sig.

Profitable Prophet

Bumping this thingger.

Demonic Cat

15,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
I would like to ask a few questions, if you don't mind, but first I'll tell you about myself...

I have been an art student at a community college for the past three years, and am currently focused on comic book and sequential art. I do not have very much in the way of references/portfolio on the computer. I do have a Deviant Art account, but I haven't uploaded any of my good work in a long while. Here is link ~http://cactuarzrule.deviantart.com/~
*I plan to add some of my more recent work soon.

Now for the Questions. smile

- Do you plan on having the artist work in digital or traditional media?
- Is the artist allowed to use the pages they have made in a portfolio?
- would you prefer color or tones?
- and are there any preferences that the artist should know about that you have on the way it is presented/or stylized?

*I'm sorry if I sound like a robot, I didn't get much sleep. lol *

Anyway, I am very interested in doing it as maybe a practice for becoming a better comic artist, and it would be good publicity. Though, I'd probably only get as far as penciling & line work, I'm currently working on a project of my own. smile

Profitable Prophet

Jiigoku
I would like to ask a few questions, if you don't mind, but first I'll tell you about myself...

I have been an art student at a community college for the past three years, and am currently focused on comic book and sequential art. I do not have very much in the way of references/portfolio on the computer. I do have a Deviant Art account, but I haven't uploaded any of my good work in a long while. Here is link ~http://cactuarzrule.deviantart.com/~
*I plan to add some of my more recent work soon.

Now for the Questions. smile

- Do you plan on having the artist work in digital or traditional media?
- Is the artist allowed to use the pages they have made in a portfolio?
- would you prefer color or tones?
- and are there any preferences that the artist should know about that you have on the way it is presented/or stylized?

*I'm sorry if I sound like a robot, I didn't get much sleep. lol *

Anyway, I am very interested in doing it as maybe a practice for becoming a better comic artist, and it would be good publicity. Though, I'd probably only get as far as penciling & line work, I'm currently working on a project of my own. smile

Hi, there! Thanks for your inquiry. I will now proceed to answer your questions out of order. I'm mostly doing this for practice/work towards my own portfolio, and I would not mind anyone using the pages in their own, as long as I was credited as the writer. I hope to have the artist work in digital, I feel it's simply a better format all around for work with someone not in the same location as myself. I don't have any real preference between color or tones, or any sort of style. I prefer it to be more on the realistic side of things, and less stylized. I also think that tones would probably look a bit better than color.
Niiwa
It's already written!
Renewing this ol' thread.

Hey, y'all.

I know I've been here for a bit, dishing out advice sometimes, but I figure I might as well throw this script out here, too.

As it states above, I'm looking for an artist. As of now, I am unable to pay them in any way, including virtual currency. I have a script completely written and done for a concept and character set which I currently call "Pity the Dead", better title pending.

(HTML)

Overall Synopsis: Zombies exist. A small group of unique individuals hunt down the flesh-eating things around the world. They are not chosen, but volunteer, and based on their physical and mental strength, are allowed to join the group. These are the sh*t workers of zombie hunting, the guys that have to look through muggy forests and hot deserts, trying to survive the conditions so that you can sleep in your bed and feel comfortable, knowing that anything that wants to eat your face is safely eliminated. These are the stories of these zombie hunters and what they go through to keep you safe.

Script Synopsis: A team of 6 is dispatched across an icy tundra to find a relatively small group of zombies that has been found by intelligence. Charlotte, the newbie, is taken on her first mission out of training.

I doubt there's a lot I can say beyond just showing you the scrip, the short, overall premise, and saying that I cannot pay you. This concept has been in my mind for a long time, or at least, these characters have been. They've been developed over several years into the entities that they are now, and I finally believe they are ready for drawing.

I'll give a lot of freedom to the artist in the way of design, style, and panel layout. Most of the stuff on there is just vague suggestions, though I can be more or less vague depending on what you prefer. I could even go as far as to make up thumbnails, if you're into that sort of thing.

I'll also accept any sort of critique. I've wanted to make this for a long-running series for a while, but I don't really have artist friends, so I figure I can get different artists to do different scripts. If you want to stay for me for longer, though, let me know! I'll be posting this up onto a comic hosting website, and you may post it anywhere you choose as well.

Let me know what you think, guys, and thanks for reading.

P.S., If you can't open the file, let me know and I can get it to you a different way.

still looking for an artist? heart

Profitable Prophet

All righty, deciding to bump this post again...
Whoo!

Hygienic Gawker

Oh my, I'm going to keep this in mind. Sounds very interesting.
Iiiif you are still looking, I am more than willing to draw for you! I love zombies! PM me if interested!

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Niiwa
All righty, deciding to bump this post again...
Whoo!

Oh, are you still okay with me going at it? Now that it's Christmas break, I actually have time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff