Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

Hello I'm Hetalia Scotland, but you can call me Scotty.
The genre of the story is sci-fi/historical, and I am looking for a more realistic art style but am fine with something anime-like. There will be no monetary compensation but there will be the priceless feeling of friendship we will achieve through working together and the wonderful feeling of making something awesome. I am looking for a very loose schedule, maybe just make a sixteen to thirty page chapter per month, something very relaxed because I am assuming that you also have a life outside of gaia. As for website hosting, I was thinking of something along the lines of smackjeeves, or some other form of online webcomic hosting, maybe even mangafox. As for the actual comic, I would do the writing in script style and we could work out what we want character design-wise together.

So the basic premise of the comic is that in the future life has become boring and monotonous and nobody is motivated to do anything because everything has already been done. Every video game, movie, comic, and book has been made and watched several times. So, as a form of entertainment, people have started sending themselves back in time using a special type of watch. This watch gives them all the information they need to know when being sent back in time and will adjust itself to look normal for its time period.

I hope you would like to work with me and if you are interested or have any questions please pm me or leave something on the topic. Looking forward to hearing from you.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I understand that you are a writer and thus don't exactly have a feel for these things yet, but...

Sixteen to thirty pages a month is in no way at all a relaxed schedule for someone who works or goes to school. Its probably a relaxed schedule for someone who does not do those things or if its just a sketch comic.

Sure an artist on a good day can pump out a lot of material, but you also have to account for the days you can't draw at all due to business or other reasons.

Dapper Genius

Seijaku_Ishida
I understand that you are a writer and thus don't exactly have a feel for these things yet, but...

Sixteen to thirty pages a month is in no way at all a relaxed schedule for someone who works or goes to school. Its probably a relaxed schedule for someone who does not do those things or if its just a sketch comic.

Sure an artist on a good day can pump out a lot of material, but you also have to account for the days you can't draw at all due to business or other reasons.

What would you think would be a more relaxed schedule?

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
Hetalia Scotland
Seijaku_Ishida

~1 possibly 2 pages per week.

Dapper Genius

Catanaition N. D.
Hetalia Scotland
Seijaku_Ishida

~1 possibly 2 pages per week.

What if I did the inking and toning?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I'll second Carnation in 1-2 pages a week. There's a reason why that's the schedule of most webcomic artists.

If you did the inking and toning, it really depends on the artist. My sketches are really loose. If I had an inker? That means I'd spend more time tightening up my sketch so it's readable to someone other than me. It's honestly faster for me to do both. But as I said, that's a very individual thing.

I usually host NaNoMango(the comic version of NaNoWriMo) here on Gaia. That's 30 sketch pages in 30 days. We rarely have more than four people that make the goal out of the 20-30 people who sign up. Some don't even make it to 15 pages. So even without thinking of inking and toning, 15-30 pages can be a stretch for a lot of people.
Hetalia Scotland
Hello I'm Hetalia Scotland, but you can call me Scotty.
The genre of the story is sci-fi/historical, and I am looking for a more realistic art style but am fine with something anime-like. There will be no monetary compensation but there will be the priceless feeling of friendship we will achieve through working together and the wonderful feeling of making something awesome. I am looking for a very loose schedule, maybe just make a sixteen to thirty page chapter per month, something very relaxed because I am assuming that you also have a life outside of gaia. As for website hosting, I was thinking of something along the lines of smackjeeves, or some other form of online webcomic hosting, maybe even mangafox. As for the actual comic, I would do the writing in script style and we could work out what we want character design-wise together.

So the basic premise of the comic is that in the future life has become boring and monotonous and nobody is motivated to do anything because everything has already been done. Every video game, movie, comic, and book has been made and watched several times. So, as a form of entertainment, people have started sending themselves back in time using a special type of watch. This watch gives them all the information they need to know when being sent back in time and will adjust itself to look normal for its time period.

I hope you would like to work with me and if you are interested or have any questions please pm me or leave something on the topic. Looking forward to hearing from you.

i'm kind of interested
my art looks like this:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/wahoooooooooo/35787125042.jpg
message me if you're interested

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas