Welcome to Gaia! ::

Based on what little I've presented here, would you read "I Hate Myself"?

Yes! 0.45454545454545 45.5% [ 5 ]
Naw. 0.36363636363636 36.4% [ 4 ]
It seems a little bleak, to be honest. There's just something about... death. 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]

Hello! My name is Nathan and I am looking for an artist. I have an entire pitch document written for a comic I'm calling I Hate Myself. It's the story of man who dies in a car crash, is revived by paramedics soon after, but feels a little empty in the aftermath. That's because his spirit can't get back into his body. And neither of them are happy about that.

Quick High Concept: Spiritually-based introspective dramedy that transitions into a procedural story by the second arc. Follows a young writer who, after a near death experience, finds himself followed by the spirit of his dead self. After a transitional period (the first arc), the writer is tossed into a world of spiritual beings.

Tone: Take the bipolar nature of a character like Deadpool, make it just a bit more serious (but still goofy), and toss in elements of Grimm and Fables. Will explain both. First arc is more introspective and tells a personal story and transitions into a grand adventure by the second arc.

That's just a bit of the pitch document I've got written already. This is a project I've tried to get off the ground last year but it really couldn't come together in part because of my artist's busy schedule. Lots of prep work has gone in and I even have a small team helping me world build and so on.

If you are interested, please let me know and I can send along the full pitch document and see some art samples.

I really just want to create something fantastic and I'd love for someone to come along with me to do just that. c:
Question as an artist who probably doesn't have time for this but would like to give input for other artists. Is this commission based work for an artist? Is this a case of do it for passion, split profits if they happen later? Do you have a particular art style in mind (since some artists have multiple)?
Alerane
Question as an artist who probably doesn't have time for this but would like to give input for other artists. Is this commission based work for an artist? Is this a case of do it for passion, split profits if they happen later? Do you have a particular art style in mind (since some artists have multiple)?

It would definitely be a passion project at first, sadly. Money is not super expendable right now. But any profits would definitely be split either evenly or in the artist's favor, since I consider an artist's work incredible and would be so grateful to them.

Art style is kind of constantly in flux. The first artist I worked with was definitely more inspired by Japanese art and I am very Western-minded when it comes to comic art.

I love really simple art without too many frills. Alex and Ada from Image is a good example. Really love Chip Zdarsky's art (Sex Criminals).

User Image

But I really am to seeing a variety of styles. You never know what clicks, right?

Thanks for all those. I hope this helps any potential artists who might be interested.
I dunno if it's appropriate to bump in a thread like this, so I'll only do it once. : P

I've been actively looking for an artist on other sites and such. Still no luck. If you have any questions or feel like I'm doing this whole pitch thing wrong, please let me know. c: I just wanna make it as easy as possible on people.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Well, I cant draw, but I do want to read this when its done.

Good luck!
Snowblazer
Well, I cant draw, but I do want to read this when its done.

Good luck!
Thanks. I can't wait to get the whole thing going. c:

Fashionable Star

I would totally help, but I only use pencil and paper, and I am too much of a procrastinator. I'm so sorry!
Just from that little bit, it definitely sounds interesting. biggrin

I've been thinking of seeing if I could get into doing something like this on and off for a few years, though admittedly I don't know very much about how to go about it.
...If the complete and utter lack of experience is a problem, it's no big deal. sweatdrop

I'm not sure how to go about art samples, because the few things I have on the computer tend to differ in style, sometimes wildly..But I can do simple smile
MirroredImage
Thanks for being interested! c: I sent you a PM so we can hash out some details about samples and stuff. c:

Angelsgonedemon
It's totally fine. Thanks for showing interest though! c:

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
novice comic artist here, I can do something.

Newbie Gaian

650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/Vii-Nyx/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

Hey I might be interested...
Not sure though
But I love the supernatural
Heres some little sketches
Sorry I dont have anything else on me
Some of the samples are in the link above
Oh n may I add I adapt to different styles so
if theres a particular look u invision I can work
with you to create that concept

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items