Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey all. So I find myself looking to get into making a webcomic and I'm fairly congident as a writer, but I lack the ability to draw anything short of stick figures. I can't even draw a circle well. What I want is to find a good artist that is interested so we can work on a fun comic. I have a few ideas for the comic flying around (I want it fantasy and fairly light hearted) as well a very early draft to start. I want to work with someone who I can talk to often (off of gaia) and bounce ideas around. Gaia is really just something I decides to use to find an artist, not to post the comic or any of that. I can send you some of my work (it is on google docs though) and you can send me some of yours and hopefully I'll find someone who is a good match. PMs or posting here for a response both work.I am getting off soon though as it is one am here, so don't worry if I don't respond right away. Assuming I get any responses while I'm off. xD

Blessed Shapeshifter

Istiir
Hey all. So I find myself looking to get into making a webcomic and I'm fairly congident as a writer, but I lack the ability to draw anything short of stick figures. I can't even draw a circle well. What I want is to find a good artist that is interested so we can work on a fun comic. I have a few ideas for the comic flying around (I want it fantasy and fairly light hearted) as well a very early draft to start. I want to work with someone who I can talk to often (off of gaia) and bounce ideas around. Gaia is really just something I decides to use to find an artist, not to post the comic or any of that. I can send you some of my work (it is on google docs though) and you can send me some of yours and hopefully I'll find someone who is a good match. PMs or posting here for a response both work.I am getting off soon though as it is one am here, so don't worry if I don't respond right away. Assuming I get any responses while I'm off. xD

Hey, I think I am waaay too busy to think about even starting a webcomic adventure, but for all the other artists out there:

-What is the genre?
-What kind of art are you looking for?
-What kind of compensation are you providing?
-What kind of schedule are you looking to have?
-What kind of service provider are you using to host the site?
-What extra duties would the artist be in charge of - websites, live talks, etc?

More information is definitely needed here.

Thanks~!

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
Yes, could you tell us more?
Etalberi
Istiir

Hey, I think I am waaay too busy to think about even starting a webcomic adventure, but for all the other artists out there:

-What is the genre?
-What kind of art are you looking for?
-What kind of compensation are you providing?
-What kind of schedule are you looking to have?
-What kind of service provider are you using to host the site?
-What extra duties would the artist be in charge of - websites, live talks, etc?

More information is definitely needed here.

Thanks~!

These are all great questions. It's been awhile since I've made this thread and wasn't sure I'd get any replies XD Anyways I'll go ahead and answer these in order.

I have two story ideas, one is fantasy, the other is sort of sci-fi. I'm leaning towards the fantasy one, though.
I would like manga style art, but any would work. Backgrounds and scenery would be a large part, aswell.
I am a college student so money is tight and I can't provide any real form of compensation. Because of this I don't expect the artist to devote their life to making the comic. I want this to be more of a fun hobby, just so I can try out writing a webcomic.
To host the site I was thinking of using a comic hoster like smackjeeves or comicgenesis.
The artist wouldn't be in charge of anything else, unless they wanted to be. I could handle posting the comics and keeping track of it and all that. I'd just expect the artist to talk ideas out with me and draw.

Thank you for asking these questions, too. I realize I forgot to put in a lot of information that is fairly pertinent.
i'm sort of interested
my art looks like this:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/wahoooooooooo/35787125042.jpg
message me if you're interested

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items