Welcome to Gaia! ::

“Her wings became as wings of fire…”

Michelle is a high school girl who often suffers from periods of depression. Her depression keeps her from being able to work on "Wings," a novel she's attempting to write. As she struggles with writing, Michelle finds out that she has wings of her own that can take her to dangerous heights.

This is a psychological comic that will let you into the world of a girl who is imaginative and creative, but is unable to reach her full potential because of her mental illness.

User Image

This comic updates one the first of every month. Click here to start reading!

And if you like the comic, make sure to like my facebook page: www.facebook.com/arcadiapage

Thanks!
Boy..do I feel here pain...
Yeah, it is a psychological comic, so it does get a little dark here and there. emo

Feline Paladin

I am the Titan Soldier of Stars and Destiny! Protector of the innocent!
And invincible! SAILOR CRONUS!!
User Image

Looks intriguing. (I read up until she finally wrote a whole chapter.) I'll come back and read more when I'm not so sleepy...

User ImageEnemies beware: for your fate is sealed!

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
it is good.

and that design of the mecha wings is really powerful.
Thanks! heart I'll be adding more pages to it tomorrow.

User Image

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
that sounds incredibly offensive. depression doesn't prevent people from 'reaching their full potential.'
No depression doesn't limit everyone. I've suffered from years of depression and I am fine. But some people can't function at all. I've had friends who are so clinically depressed, they can barely get out of bed in the morning for months. That is limiting. It's hard to create and work when you don't have the energy to.

It depends on the severity of the illness. No one can say that everyone with depression does fine, because not everyone does.

Everyone with depression is different, and this story isn't about everyone. This is about a specific girl named Michelle. This is her story. What she goes though doesn't apply to everyone with depression. It's her specific experience with her illness, and for her personally, it limits how well she can function in her life.

Sorry if the description was offensive to you, but that is Michelle's story. I know that many other people have had different experiences, but this experience is hers.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
I understand that everyone's depression is different. and I have first hand experience of its crippling affect. when you say that its an inability to reach a full potential, what are you talking about? the full potential of what? full potential as a creative person? full potential as a functional person? depression can only stop you if you let it stop you, and to say that any person can't achieve something because of their depression is wrong. some people have been dealt a worse hand than others, some people struggle harder than anyone else just to be considered competent. depression only limits you if you let it. there is nobody with depression that can't do something because of there depression. sure its harder for them compared to somebody without it. but it can be done.
I totally agree with you. In this story the girl is not diagnosed and isn't getting any kind of help whatsoever...so yes, she's having a hard time.

Her potential is limited until she gets the help that she needs. Depression is limiting until you overcome it--then you can succeed. This is the story of a girl who hasn't gotten to that point of her life yet, and simply doesn't know what to do or where to go to improve her situation.

Depression is limiting when you let it control you, and this girl at the moment is fully under it's control.

But once she gets help and gets things sorted out, she won't be held back anymore, and she can totally succeed. It's just at the moment, she's letting depression get in the way of her life.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
ah okay then, glad were on the same page. I can only suggest that the best things to help someone overcome depression is a, humour and b perspective. nothing is more humbling when you meet people who have real problems and not ones in the head. when you know that their are HIV positive rape victims living in African poverty, and still live a more productive life than you thats when you know you gotta get out of bed. and its important to laugh at yourself, never take yourself to seriously. their is no medium that truly exposes everything and anything unpleasant than comedy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff