Welcome to Gaia! ::

There used to be a thread in here where people talked about what they'd gotten done that day in regards to their comics/manga but it's such an old thread now I don't want to necro it

So in regards to your comics, webcomics, and/or manga, what progress did you make today? smile

today I came up with a concept that I think would run well as a one shot. I don't know why someone who doesn't even play sports like me keeps coming up with sports-related comics but why not? XD

Timid Raider

I practiced backgrounds with toning
It's still tough for me to have good detailed backgrounds without ruining the focus... or good detailed backgrounds in the first place
sweatdrop

The worry of making everything eye appealing is a big obstacle I am working on..
Ebihime
I practiced backgrounds with toning
It's still tough for me to have good detailed backgrounds without ruining the focus... or good detailed backgrounds in the first place
sweatdrop

The worry of making everything eye appealing is a big obstacle I am working on..
that's great! I need to work on that too, toning is NOT my thing ^_^;; who's tones do you use? (I use digitones)

Timid Raider

Dark-Merchant
that's great! I need to work on that too, toning is NOT my thing ^_^;; who's tones do you use? (I use digitones)

Mostly photoshop things, just made some/downloaded special brushes and textures offered on DA. Use manga studio to put in some halftones too.
Sometimes, I just get overwhelmed with effect layers though haha
Ebihime
Dark-Merchant

Mostly photoshop things, just made some/downloaded special brushes and textures offered on DA. Use manga studio to put in some halftones too.
Sometimes, I just get overwhelmed with effect layers though haha
ahhh~ lucky~ my computer has such small memory space photoshop runs so slow I wouldn't be able to use special brushes and textures even if I wanted to DX
how's manga studio? is it worth the money?

Timid Raider

Dark-Merchant
ahhh~ lucky~ my computer has such small memory space photoshop runs so slow I wouldn't be able to use special brushes and textures even if I wanted to DX

With intent of printing and organizational purposes, I say I got my moneys worth because I got it on black friday 90% off. But I think you can probably use Photoshop to create near the same exact things, just more steps and effects needed.
Ebihime
Dark-Merchant

With intent of printing and organizational purposes, I say I got my moneys worth because I got it on black friday 90% off. But I think you can probably use Photoshop to create near the same exact things, just more steps and effects needed.
wha? 90% off? you luckyyou >.<;;
looked through my old sketch books and found a potential half design for an evil background female character (needed some of those to fill up the ranks) and found a design that, once modified, could be suitable as an epilogue outfit. mind you the epilogue is so far away but it's good to know I have one XD

4,750 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I'm pretty proud of myself. Finished a character's concept art that's been sitting around a while, fixed some formatting with existing pages, etc. Yesterday I colored and finished 3 pages in one day, a new record for me sweatdrop

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
So far today, I've... uh... sketched small portions and wrote in the dialogue for a comic that I should have finished last night.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff