Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of a Manga (or story) with an interactive story line? Meaning that the readers would get to vote on what they think should happen and influnce the story as it progresses.

thoughts?
Sounds pretty cool to me. It'd be like a multi ending manga! Nice, they should try something like that.
sounds like those goosebumps books.
that sort of what you meant right?
sharpenedsword

Well no, basicly the idea is that we (we being the writers and artists) would set up some sort of poll and the people could vote on the story element that was presented (like for example should so n so wait or break into the castle?) the poll would be open for a period of time and then once it would close the story would be written with those elements moved into it.
The concept sounds good, but it wouldn't work. The majority would vote for the happy things. The votes would have to be forced into plot development either way otherwise it would be "does she go on the date or not?" and she would always go on the date. This is just an example. Basically, unless the votes were one conflict over another, or practically meaningless, the manga would be all happiness and flowers. People would never choose the conflict.

Fatcat

13,150 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
i think that might be nice but then again most of the original plotting is nice too
I've read books that do the same thing and it seems to work for them. So it would be nice to read a manga like that.
Craig Morgan
sharpenedsword

Well no, basicly the idea is that we (we being the writers and artists) would set up some sort of poll and the people could vote on the story element that was presented (like for example should so n so wait or break into the castle?) the poll would be open for a period of time and then once it would close the story would be written with those elements moved into it.

Sounds like a good idea to me. 3nodding
hmm, I think it would definitly be tough to work it all out, but if you can pull it off and satisfy the readers while keeping the storyline realistic, then I would definitly like to read it. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff