Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
I've decided to make a series called ProJeCt. As fellow comic artists, I'm curious on your inputs...User Image As you can see, I do the strips, instead of manga style, for convince.

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
I can't follow the story at all to be honest with you.

Shadowy Phantom

I have no idea what I just read either (the bad lettering was certainly no help).

Also, even in strips, it's important to use facial expressions and body language. Those shortcut emoticon-like expressions are a poor choice, as they have no nuance and make you look lazy/unskilled. There's much more to "sad" than "T-T" and more to "happy" than "^_^" you know? Nobody is ever just "happy" either. People show their emotions in different ways depending on the cause and intensity of the emotion.

Tipsy Lunatic

It doesn't make any sense, and the coloring is distracting. The line art is pretty bad too.
And don't say you did it strip style for convenience, you did it because it's easier.
The least you could've done is used a ruler on the lines that separate the panels. Or maybe make the panels the same size?

There's nothing wrong with just fooling around and putting no serious effort into it. Y'know, just doing it for fun.... That's totally okay.
But don't expect anyone to take it seriously if you don't.

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Catanaition N. D.
I can't follow the story at all to be honest with you.
Thank you for your input, I'll certainly fix that!

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Kyousouka
I have no idea what I just read either (the bad lettering was certainly no help).

Also, even in strips, it's important to use facial expressions and body language. Those shortcut emoticon-like expressions are a poor choice, as they have no nuance and make you look lazy/unskilled. There's much more to "sad" than "T-T" and more to "happy" than "^_^" you know? Nobody is ever just "happy" either. People show their emotions in different ways depending on the cause and intensity of the emotion.
Thank you so much! I'll be certain to study those as well!

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
The Drunken Jester
It doesn't make any sense, and the coloring is distracting. The line art is pretty bad too.

The least you could've done is used a ruler on the lines that separate the panels. Or maybe make the panels the same size?

There's nothing wrong with just fooling around and putting no serious effort into it. Y'know, just doing it for fun.... That's totally okay.
But don't expect anyone to take it seriously if you don't.
I see, well, it is for fun, and all. Thank you so much!

Romantic Autobiographer

Hard to understand. I like the shading on the eggs.

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
If you draw a picture of a cake, you don't actually have to tell me it's a cake. If you want me to know it's reduced sugar, you can convey that in a lot of different ways. For your style you could just put it in an LOOK HERE IT IS text bubble "Reduced Sugar"

but I can clearly see it is a cake.

I have no idea why the eggs are now red. Are they rotting? Did she murder them for the cake and now they're haunting her? This is a good time for words. hahaha

kudos on the effort though! heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces