Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Phantom

Finished writing our comic!
Barring small rewrites (which I'm sure we'll need to do), I don't have to worry about writing the story any longer. That's a weight off my shoulders.

It isn't broken up into chapters or pages yet (I do that when I thumb), so I still don't know how long the comic will be page-wise.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Made another 2 updates worth of buffer. Soon I am going to start working on the thumbs for my June NaNoManGo go.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Kyousouka
It isn't broken up into chapters or pages yet (I do that when I thumb), so I still don't know how long the comic will be page-wise.
I do the same too. I feel it's better to have a certain amount of flexibility when it comes to scripts. Do you find the whole, "Page 1: Panel 1: Character is walking" shpeel difficult to work with too?
A number of things:
*Finished drafting page two.
*Made space in my room for the glorious light table.
*Considered publishing options....

Shadowy Phantom

Kupocake
Kyousouka
I do the same too. I feel it's better to have a certain amount of flexibility when it comes to scripts. Do you find the whole, "Page 1: Panel 1: Character is walking" shpeel difficult to work with too?

Very difficult. If they want panel-level granularity, they should just give me thumbnails to work from (but even then I want some freedom to change it around).

Our current script is an edited RP, so it's pretty much taking turns with tiny bits of prose:
Quote:
Writer A: There was some thumping of someone running down the stairs, and then Draco crashed into the door. "Ack, coming!" he called, unlocking it. "Hell-Alain, hi! What are you doing here so early?"
Writer B: He smiled. "I'm sorry. Is it too early?"

I never thought I'd find this so nice to work with, but there you go. More detail than an outline, but very flexible and easy to read. I don't think I'd work with someone else's script in this format, but since I wrote most of it, it reads naturally to me.
I'm not entirely sure that writing after being awake for 30 hours is a good idea, but I'm getting stuff done. Hopefully it all makes sense tomorrow.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Kyousouka
Kupocake
Kyousouka

Very difficult. If they want panel-level granularity, they should just give me thumbnails to work from (but even then I want some freedom to change it around).

Our current script is an edited RP, so it's pretty much taking turns with tiny bits of prose:
Quote:
Writer A: There was some thumping of someone running down the stairs, and then Draco crashed into the door. "Ack, coming!" he called, unlocking it. "Hell-Alain, hi! What are you doing here so early?"
Writer B: He smiled. "I'm sorry. Is it too early?"

I never thought I'd find this so nice to work with, but there you go. More detail than an outline, but very flexible and easy to read. I don't think I'd work with someone else's script in this format, but since I wrote most of it, it reads naturally to me.
That's a pretty interesting way to pull out a script. o_o Then again, I've never fully utilized RPs as a way to get story ideas. One of my characters was made on a whim for an RP, but I changed her completely over the years.

Shadowy Phantom

Kupocake
That's a pretty interesting way to pull out a script. o_o Then again, I've never fully utilized RPs as a way to get story ideas. One of my characters was made on a whim for an RP, but I changed her completely over the years.

I've never done it before either. This particular story started out as a general for-fun RP that we ended up adapting into a comic, but I don't think I'd RP with the intent to make it a comic on purpose. RPing is a good way to get a feel for stories and characters, but it is not a very good way to come up with the final script, as RPs are difficult to control, even with just two people.
Plus, RPing = co-writing, and I have my own stories to tell.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Yay I finally did the damn cover I have been agonizing over the past week or so...

And did another page for the buffer! Yay.
Mostly writing, thumbnailing and trying to reorganize my completely disorganized notes today. I tried scanning, but screwed up and the colors got eaten. Will try again tonight.

Shadowy Phantom

Started thumbnailing chapter 5. It's a very short chapter, so I want to be sure it's long enough before I start doing the final art on chapter 4. If it's too short, I'll probably merge it with chapter 4, though I'd rather not.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Less then I hoped. I have full time table with finding me a new crib this week plus I got sick. But I managed to ink whole two panels this morning.

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Basic character sheets are done! Now on to thumbnailing the thing.

After I sleep. Heh heh...
I've got my main character's model sheet done, the first 24 pages scripted, and the cover done. Hell yeah.
Lots of scanning and playing around in Photoshop. It's been too long.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff