Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yesterday I lovingly drew and colored backgrounds that will be at least partially covered by speech bubbles. Today I found out that Blick's doesn't carry the marker refill I need and it's $7 shipping to order it online and I just ordered stuff from them like a week ago so now I really feel stupid.

EDIT: Looks like half the colors I want aren't going to be in stock until June so now I need a different place to order from.

Shadowy Phantom

ElfinNissa
Yesterday I lovingly drew and colored backgrounds that will be at least partially covered by speech bubbles. Today I found out that Blick's doesn't carry the marker refill I need and it's $7 shipping to order it online and I just ordered stuff from them like a week ago so now I really feel stupid.

EDIT: Looks like half the colors I want aren't going to be in stock until June so now I need a different place to order from.

What kind of markers? If it's Copics, try Oozak, they're pretty cheap and carry most of the refill colours, I think.
Kyousouka
ElfinNissa

What kind of markers? If it's Copics, try Oozak, they're pretty cheap and carry most of the refill colours, I think.

You are my knight in shining armor.
Oh hey, I should buy some refills from there!

AEAcomics
Mink_LaLa
AEAcomics
A complete beginning to end outline for my long-term project Pilgrim. On to editing and fixing some continuity holes.

YOU NEED TO HURRY UP SO I CAN READ IT. >8|

No, no, just kidding. Well, with the 'angry' tone. I actually enjoyed your comic and would like the see the result of your revisions.

I need to make sure all my ducks are in a row this time! I'm anxious to get back to drawing it.
Gonna work on characters for a while before reading through that outline again and making more revisions.

I don't even really write outlines or scripts; I thumbnail and write it all at the same time, since I'm more visual. But that's better than nothing, I suppose; you (not 'you' in particular) can end up writing yourself into a corner otherwise. Personally, I tend to know the end first, rather than the beginning.

As for what I'm doing...wondering how I'm going to show Tailpo breaking a door in half (which was blocked by a bed).

And, HA! I finished thumbnails, and it's only seventeen pages now!

Shadowy Phantom

Been working on a rewrite over the past few days. Hoping to shorten a fairly significant section, make it more to the point.

Eloquent Explorer

It's not that impressive, but I'm excited about it: last night I wrote up a random script excerpt, just eight panels, based on an idea I had whilst walking along the street in London, which was to do with street evangelists. Then I thought that I could incorporate it into a comic of mine which I've been stalled on writing for more than a year. If I do, it would give the main character an actual personality and give the whole comic a different dynamic, a different theme, and probably a better plot as well. Yay!

I won't be able to properly get down to work on the new script until after my exams, though, at which time I'll hopefully have a lot more to post in here. X3

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Made a rough concept for next ghost and posted em in my blog, sent two finished pages and working on a page where I can't cheat on my lack of practice when it comes to perspective. But what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
PAGE COMPLETE. Okay, it was already mostly done, but still. I'm hoping to finish another one today and almost another full page (having trouble with one panel).
Mink_LaLa
I don't even really write outlines or scripts; I thumbnail and write it all at the same time, since I'm more visual. But that's better than nothing, I suppose; you (not 'you' in particular) can end up writing yourself into a corner otherwise. Personally, I tend to know the end first, rather than the beginning.

I've given up writing detailed scripts for the same reason. I'll script/thumbnail together, once I get to that point. This comic keeps getting shorter but it's still long enough that I need my outline to make sure I'm keeping track of all the subplots. Or maybe it just seems shorter because it has a fairly concrete ending now.

And that is what I'm working on this evening, identifying subplots and revising my long second act.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I had an awesome brainstorming session yesterday, and I hope to finally consolidate the new plot in the next few days. I'm enjoying how it's turning out so far, but I hope I'm not "blind" to it just because I'm the writer. Hopefully I will be more critical to it and work out any problems from there.
I almost got a second page finished (minus computer editting) today (I'd already worked on it some earlier), but if I do anything more with it tonight I'm just going to halfass it. I also got some really tedious inkwork done, so I'm happy about that.
Got a moderate amount of script written out. The movement of the story is fairly to the point, but I'm really worried that things aren't as cohesive as they should be.

Of course, you can basically edit into infinity. I'll never get anything done if I keep backtracking, so maybe it's best to leave things as they are.

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Well, let's see. I JUST started working on penciling the seventh page of my doujinshi, which should have been finished YESTERDAY, but I just didn't feel like working all week. >.>

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I finished a commission and sketched up tomorrow's update of my webcomic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff