Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Phantom

As the topic title says: What did you get done today, with regard to your comics?

Did you figure out that difficult perspective shot? Cram 20 panels on a page? Get a page done? Find an artist for your project? Update your webcomic?

Whatever you did recently that's related to your comic, share it here!

Since promotion isn't allowed in the Comic Creators forum, please don't link to your comics/dA/whatever in your posts. Feel free to refer to them by name or have links in your signature, but keep the forum's rules in mind.

And remember the secret to success: GET BACK TO WORK.

I suppose I'll start off!
I've been working on thumbnailing the next chapter of my webcomic, hoping to thumb the entire thing before I start doing the pages, and I am about 1/3 done. Surprisingly, drawing naughty bits isn't as awkward as I thought it would be.
rough draft a few characters and recurring characters today for my project dubbed(for now) Called Infinite Frontier...i quite like this format better than the one before.
Haven't gotten anything done at all today since I'm still at work emo but I plan on getting a page done. Maybe two. hopefully. @v@

Shadowy Phantom

Teurastaa
Haven't gotten anything done at all today since I'm still at work emo but I plan on getting a page done. Maybe two. hopefully. @v@

I'm still at work too, actually ;_; Definitely going to do some thumbing and writing afterwards though.

Good luck on those pages! And when you do get them done, tell ussss.
Mostly inking today. There's going to be coloring later in the evening.

I figured I may as well post my progress so far. I had the script ready for awhile, but got sick around January and didn't feel up to working on the comic for awhile. I lost my job about two weeks ago and this is what I've done since. I'm hoping to have the first chapter done by the end of the month, but that depends on scanner access. Link.

Also there's about 10 pages that I threw out and model sheets.
Been working on this illustration for my new comic, gonna use it as an inside cover or maybe some details around the website.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I still nee to finish re-doing page 8 and then add in a new page 9. After this i'm putting a strict rule on no redrawing pages.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
...Nothing. My excuse is that I'm not a comic maker...just a hobbiest who wants to try her hand at it. And who really likes comics. And writing.
And homework...I should get back to that!

Ha, but seriously, I've been planning the comic I'm going to work on for the June NaNoMango, Song of the Blind (I posted the script for crits, but man it's hard to get people to notice you when you're a wall flower like me), and I can't actually do any work on it beyond planning. I have my pages written though! I need to finish the conclusion too, it's written, but I haven't had the chance to type it out yet.

Shadowy Phantom

x_Silver_Starlight_x
Ha, but seriously, I've been planning the comic I'm going to work on for the June NaNoMango, Song of the Blind (I posted the script for crits, but man it's hard to get people to notice you when you're a wall flower like me), and I can't actually do any work on it beyond planning. I have my pages written though! I need to finish the conclusion too, it's written, but I haven't had the chance to type it out yet.

You could thumb your comic out. The rules forbid pencilling pages, but thumbnailing is allowed (or at least was in previous years). Thumbnailing your pages ahead of time can save you a lot of headache once June comes.

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Trying to get back to drawing my own characters in the visual style I used to work in. When you spent a whole semester drawing cartoony/simplified characters, it is a bit jarring to head back to this pseudo-manga realistic style.
Printed 2 scripts. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually read them.
After reading/watching various Tailypo things, I started thumbnailing a Tailypo comic I'm sure I'll never actually draw.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Inked and toned page 20 while studying Algebra II. Made another short story which needs to get approval of my editor.

Shadowy Phantom

So I ended up not doing any thumbnails. Did do a bit of writing, and I did a guest comic and guest art, so I suppose that counts for something. Enough that I can sleep.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Kyousouka
x_Silver_Starlight_x

You could thumb your comic out. The rules forbid pencilling pages, but thumbnailing is allowed (or at least was in previous years). Thumbnailing your pages ahead of time can save you a lot of headache once June comes.

I thought so!
Alright, thumbnailing ahoy!
I'll probably solidify the character designs too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff