Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rabbit Alchemy
Sentaidash

feels better soon!

I'll try to draw too. So is the main character going to be a boy or a girl and are we going to add the cousin as well?

I liked the idea of the MC being a boy and the supporting character being a girl, either a cousin or childhood friend. How old should they be? I can try to whip up a character sheet this weekend, we can each do one. Do you want the MC or the cousin/friend? pirate

I hope this flu passes soon, it's hell on my asthma and after coming back from the ER just now at almost 5am I'm like mega zombie right now lololol sweatdrop

I really like the childhood friend idea. We can have two childhood friends who are brother and sister if you want?

I hope so too ;w; remember to drink lots of fluid!!!
Sentaidash
I really like the childhood friend idea. We can have two childhood friends who are brother and sister if you want?

I hope so too ;w; remember to drink lots of fluid!!!

Aww thank you! I will! I feel like Darth Vader's illegitimate daughter sometimes haha xp

And yeah that'd be cool biggrin I like the dynamic of that, how old should everyone roughly be though? I'm just trying to flesh out a better mental image of everything :p
Rabbit Alchemy
Sentaidash

Aww thank you! I will! I feel like Darth Vader's illegitimate daughter sometimes haha xp

And yeah that'd be cool biggrin I like the dynamic of that, how old should everyone roughly be though? I'm just trying to flesh out a better mental image of everything :p

I guess around 16-18.

In my mind the main the MC is just fresh out of high school and wants to go visit his friends and family before going to college so somewhere around 17-18. He's childhood friend can be somewhere around that age too, while the girl is a bit younger.

For the island setting, it's a small village of maybe around 500ish people so everyone is really close.It is a self-sustained island and only get some supplies from the outside so I'd imagine he's guy childhood friend being more muscular than the MC.
Sentaidash

I guess around 16-18.

In my mind the main the MC is just fresh out of high school and wants to go visit his friends and family before going to college so somewhere around 17-18. He's childhood friend can be somewhere around that age too, while the girl is a bit younger.

For the island setting, it's a small village of maybe around 500ish people so everyone is really close.It is a self-sustained island and only get some supplies from the outside so I'd imagine he's guy childhood friend being more muscular than the MC.

Sounds good to me! I look forward to getting started on this. Once the holiday stuff dies down we can get this party started. emotion_dealwithit

Are you good with backgrounds? Aside from male anatomy that's the second thing I really wanna try to practice doing more of. I think the small town island setting would be a perfect setting to draw inspiration from. emotion_kirakira Just don't laugh at my palm trees. sweatdrop

Invisible Smoker

Are you still looking for people for this comic? I would happily lend a hand. Just need to know what your idea for a web comic is?
Heartless1962
Are you still looking for people for this comic? I would happily lend a hand. Just need to know what your idea for a web comic is?

Yes we're still open to more artists! We haven't really done anything past the brainstorming phase, tossing around possible settings/characters. Nothing is quite set in stone just yet, as we want to appeal to every contributor and open to suggestion/input.

If I'm understanding correctly it will have the same vibe as Gravity Falls but be set on a small island town that has secret magical properties and a portal to another fantasy world. I think more of the premise of the story will be fleshed out once each artist polishes up their OC. Which I think is the best approach for each artist to have the opportunity to affect the story/world as much or as little as they want through their character.

Think of it like a forum RP (ie. Barton Town subforums) but through comic format XD

Do you have a Art Blog or DA Gallery? 4laugh

Invisible Smoker

Rabbit Alchemy
Heartless1962

Yes we're still open to more artists! We haven't really done anything past the brainstorming phase, tossing around possible settings/characters. Nothing is quite set in stone just yet, as we want to appeal to every contributor and open to suggestion/input.

If I'm understanding correctly it will have the same vibe as Gravity Falls but be set on a small island town that has secret magical properties and a portal to another fantasy world. I think more of the premise of the story will be fleshed out once each artist polishes up their OC. Which I think is the best approach for each artist to have the opportunity to affect the story/world as much or as little as they want through their character.

Think of it like a forum RP (ie. Barton Town subforums) but through comic format XD

Do you have a Art Blog or DA Gallery? 4laugh

Actually have a photobucket with my best current art. You can have look at it too see what I can do. I wouldn't mind helping coloring processes along with the story in this comic.

Here is my photobucket link, http://s849.photobucket.com/user/Heartless1962/library/Heartless Art?sort=3&page=1

Friendly Dabbler

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out