Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rabbit Alchemy
Sentaidash

That show is godly! So much secrets.

okay, ah I guess just a general plot of what it's going to be about.

Right now I'm working on fleshing out the general setting. Like what the town will look like, etc. As well as what to dub it XD I want it to be something cool like Gravity Falls.

Aside from that I've been fiddling around with some sketchy storyboards for possibly the first 6 pages to help establish the town itself and act as an introduction. If you have any suggestions or ideas we can always brainstorm through PMs otherwise I'll just wing it. I'm keeping everything pretty vague in the beginning so there's a lot more room for the other contributing artists to add their own brand of creativity to the story's universe.

Once I've established the name of the comic I'll probably launch a Tumblr for it or something, so we have some place more official than the Gaia subforums :p

I guess you can do your thing first and the show me and I'll tell you my opinion on it so far.
Sentaidash
I guess you can do your thing first and the show me and I'll tell you my opinion on it so far.

I should have something to show for it by Tuesday XD i'm open to input, at this point i'm just kinda going with the flow but keeping things as simple as possible for now so there's still some room for the general setting to grow through collaborative input rather than solely coming from me. But I think I've mustered up just enough to make it intriguing.

But I think more artists may show interest in the comic once I have something more visual to present.

Kind of on the fence about what kind of city it should be. Like a small desert town, a town in the mountains, a harbor town, a beach town, etc.

Maybe I'll just roll a dice. emotion_jawdrop
Rabbit Alchemy
Sentaidash

I should have something to show for it by Tuesday XD i'm open to input, at this point i'm just kinda going with the flow but keeping things as simple as possible for now so there's still some room for the general setting to grow through collaborative input rather than solely coming from me. But I think I've mustered up just enough to make it intriguing.

But I think more artists may show interest in the comic once I have something more visual to present.

Kind of on the fence about what kind of city it should be. Like a small desert town, a town in the mountains, a harbor town, a beach town, etc.

Maybe I'll just roll a dice. emotion_jawdrop

It could be a small island town. The main character is visiting is grandparent (or other family members) over the break. He/she has been there before when they were little but doesn't remember much. Weird stuff starts happening and he/she tries to get out of the island but it seems no matter what they try to do they always end up back. Kind of like a curse.
Sentaidash

It could be a small island town. The main character is visiting is grandparent (or other family members) over the break. He/she has been there before when they were little but doesn't remember much. Weird stuff starts happening and he/she tries to get out of the island but it seems no matter what they try to do they always end up back. Kind of like a curse.

Yeah! That seems cool biggrin I could work with that. emotion_dowant
Sentaidash
bananas.

Okay so I've come up with a possible premise as to why/how the island becomes imbued with magic/supernatural phenomenons. Following a meteor shower small & large meteorite rocks are strewn all across and around the island. These meteorites aren't super easy to find but they give off a weird extraterrestrial glow until the first living thing with enough energy touches it. That can be anything from a human, an animal to a plant (if big enough). Once this happens its power transfers to that new vessel and the meteorite goes dim. This in turn grants certain people with varying freaky side effects.

I'm thinking that these meteorites come from a magical planet, similar to like...Sailor Moon. With alien princesses and stuff. That could be super fun. It'd give the whole story a nice balance between supernatural and scifi.

Question though while I'm still ironing out the kinks of the story, should this island be a tropical island or more of a rocky forest island like something you'd see more up north.

So far I'm thinking my OC will be a girl who goes fishing with her corgi and she notices something glowing at the bottom of the ocean/river. She jumps in to grab it and find out what it is and that's how the power transfers to her. She then becomes a weird alien mermaid whenever she touches saltwater :p BOOM! How about you? Got any fun ideas brewing yet?
Rabbit Alchemy
Sentaidash
bananas.

Okay so I've come up with a possible premise as to why/how the island becomes imbued with magic/supernatural phenomenons. Following a meteor shower small & large meteorite rocks are strewn all across and around the island. These meteorites aren't super easy to find but they give off a weird extraterrestrial glow until the first living thing with enough energy touches it. That can be anything from a human, an animal to a plant (if big enough). Once this happens its power transfers to that new vessel and the meteorite goes dim. This in turn grants certain people with varying freaky side effects.

I'm thinking that these meteorites come from a magical planet, similar to like...Sailor Moon. With alien princesses and stuff. That could be super fun. It'd give the whole story a nice balance between supernatural and scifi.

Question though while I'm still ironing out the kinks of the story, should this island be a tropical island or more of a rocky forest island like something you'd see more up north.

So far I'm thinking my OC will be a girl who goes fishing with her corgi and she notices something glowing at the bottom of the ocean/river. She jumps in to grab it and find out what it is and that's how the power transfers to her. She then becomes a weird alien mermaid whenever she touches saltwater :p BOOM! How about you? Got any fun ideas brewing yet?

I don't know how well I fair if sci-fi genre ;w;
Rabbit Alchemy

would you like to know my ideas?
Sentaidash

yes of course! I'm just brainstorming here xP heart I haven't commited to anything yet, I want it to be something we can both get pumped about. Throw some ideas at me power ranger! emotion_dowant
Rabbit Alchemy
Sentaidash

yes of course! I'm just brainstorming here xP heart I haven't commited to anything yet, I want it to be something we can both get pumped about. Throw some ideas at me power ranger! emotion_dowant

Well we can try a sci-fi genre if you want, in that case I think a forest setting would be really good.

Anyways here's my idea. My idea would be set in an ancient tropical island and the MC goes to visit family so on so forth. So one day the MC and his/her cousin go exploring the island and get lost and do not know how to get back home. That's when they see a glowing animal in which they follow thinking it would lead them home. Not the case, rather than that they fall into this hole and end up in a new place filled with creature they never have seen before. They meet locals and other things happen. They're ultimate goal is to get back home in one piece. It's kind of a mix of atlantis and alice in wonderland

I'm thinking the MC might me a guy with a girl cousin.
Sentaidash

Well we can try a sci-fi genre if you want, in that case I think a forest setting would be really good.

Anyways here's my idea. My idea would be set in an ancient tropical island and the MC goes to visit family so on so forth. So one day the MC and his/her cousin go exploring the island and get lost and do not know how to get back home. That's when they see a glowing animal in which they follow thinking it would lead them home. Not the case, rather than that they fall into this hole and end up in a new place filled with creature they never have seen before. They meet locals and other things happen. They're ultimate goal is to get back home in one piece. It's kind of a mix of atlantis and alice in wonderland

Yesss!!! I love it! I like it 10x more than my idea, let's go with that biggrin Do you want to make the first pages or should I?
Rabbit Alchemy
Sentaidash

Yesss!!! I love it! I like it 10x more than my idea, let's go with that biggrin Do you want to make the first pages or should I?

You can do the first few pages, but we should do some concept art first so we can plan ahead after
Sentaidash

You can do the first few pages, but we should do some concept art first so we can plan ahead after

Yeah of course n.n I'll try to start on some this weekend, I have the flu atm so it's hard to keep my hand still. I'm super jittery and feel like poop D:
Rabbit Alchemy
Sentaidash

Yeah of course n.n I'll try to start on some this weekend, I have the flu atm so it's hard to keep my hand still. I'm super jittery and feel like poop D:

feels better soon!

I'll try to draw too. So is the main character going to be a boy or a girl and are we going to add the cousin as well?
Sentaidash

feels better soon!

I'll try to draw too. So is the main character going to be a boy or a girl and are we going to add the cousin as well?

I liked the idea of the MC being a boy and the supporting character being a girl, either a cousin or childhood friend. How old should they be? I can try to whip up a character sheet this weekend, we can each do one. Do you want the MC or the cousin/friend? pirate

I hope this flu passes soon, it's hell on my asthma and after coming back from the ER just now at almost 5am I'm like mega zombie right now lololol sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff