Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I really need some form of motivation to get back into doodling on a more regular basis and I've always wanted to make a fun silly webcomic. Nothing too heavy, just something fun and creative that I can collaborate with someone(s). One or more people, whoever is interested. We can switch back and forth between pages. Skill level is not important as long as you have fun doing it and strive to improve/learn and can muster up something above stick figures i'm happy cat_4laugh

Who's interested?! cat_ninja let's start brainstorming!!! emotion_kirakira

gogo power rangers!!!~ emotion_bigheart
you got any links to any skills you can bring to the table?
Dark-Merchant
you got any links to any skills you can bring to the table?

Here are the only drawings that survived pirate unfortunately I don't have any examples of my recent sequential art skillz because it's been awhile. But hopefully it's enough to give you some idea of what level i'm at. I still need loads of practice XD

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Cute!!!!! Wish I could draw...
Snowblazer

So long as you have hands you can draw! emotion_donotwant

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Rabbit Alchemy
Snowblazer

I've been practicing for over ten years and I haven't improved at all.

Shadowy Phantom

Snowblazer
Rabbit Alchemy
Snowblazer

Maybe you've been practising wrong. The article focuses on music, but the idea applies to drawing too. Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent, which means that through blind practice, you could end up building bad habits instead of skills. To improve, you have to think: analyse what you're doing wrong and why, and work on those problems.
Snowblazer

I'm sure you have! Can I see some of your drawings? 3nodding

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Kyousouka
Snowblazer
Rabbit Alchemy
Snowblazer

Maybe you've been practising wrong. The article focuses on music, but the idea applies to drawing too. Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent, which means that through blind practice, you could end up building bad habits instead of skills. To improve, you have to think: analyse what you're doing wrong and why, and work on those problems.

Yes! Practice only works alongside study. Like... I could have drawn and drawn and drawn people, but they'd always look like circles had I not realized when looking at people (and characters) that the part of the head around the eyes dips in a little. Or I started experimenting with noses. Or I read/watched a shitload of art tutorials, which helped me better understand the little details of how I missed.

And when I keep reading them, I catch on to more stuff. It's like writing. You can keep doing it, and maybe you can even see where you're going wrong, but without the fundamental understanding of what you're doing and how you do it, which leads to why you're screwing up, it's going to just lead to frustration.
Though there's also the issue that we never really see our improvements, only our flaws.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Kyousouka
Snowblazer
Rabbit Alchemy
Snowblazer

Yes! Practice only works alongside study. Like... I could have drawn and drawn and drawn people, but they'd always look like circles had I not realized when looking at people (and characters) that the part of the head around the eyes dips in a little. Or I started experimenting with noses. Or I read/watched a shitload of art tutorials, which helped me better understand the little details of how I missed.

And when I keep reading them, I catch on to more stuff. It's like writing. You can keep doing it, and maybe you can even see where you're going wrong, but without the fundamental understanding of what you're doing and how you do it, which leads to why you're screwing up, it's going to just lead to frustration.

Though there's also the issue that we never really see our improvements, only our flaws.

Anyway... OP, your stuff looks good. I'm not sure I understand the premise of what you're wanting to go for though. But I'm a control freak. It's why I stopped roleplaying. sweatdrop

Distinct Noob

User Image I've always wanted to participate on making a comic but never really started one.
my skills are not so well but here are my drawings
New DA
Old DA
User Image (...)

13,665 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Rabbit Alchemy
Snowblazer

A little off topic, but that emoticon is utterly amazing.

And yes, I fully agree with you.
GomBear
User Image I've always wanted to participate on making a comic but never really started one.
my skills are not so well but here are my drawings
New DA
Old DA
User Image (...)

Ah! Are you kidding me XD your art is adorable! I love your style. heart if you're up for it I think we could make a fun web comic together! emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff