Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kaelwin
Anticrab
Yes, I actually didn't really see anyone who was offended by it. All there seemed to be on the entire homestuck tag was people saying it wasn't racist. But whatever! I say we forget about it a a fandom. It wasn't intentionally racist (If racist at all) and there are plenty of other really funny jokes in Homestuck.

Ha ha, doesn't matter what age you are. In fact, I have a feeling that older fans probably enjoy Homestuck more that the younger fans. There are a lot of references from the 80's and 90's that are really funny if you lived through them.

Honestly you're not wrong there...John's movie tastes are really pretty old, most of them being from the late 80s, early 90s if I recall.

I'm actually kinda happy to find a homestuck group here, I was about to lock down and forget about Gaia online >_> as I really didn't have a reason to come back here, gave up on RP a loooong time ago

Ah ha ha, yes, I'm 19 in a month, so I get most of the 90's references, and I'm pretty good when it comes to the 80's, so I really enjoy all of the mentions of those movies/ early video games/gaming culture. Not saying Homestuck isn't enjoyable without the references, but I often wonder whether the young teens who are reading it are really getting the full experience. ha ha

Same here, I never got Gaia anymore. I'm glad I found this topic in the normal comics forums before it was moved, I never would have looked here! I still don't understand why it was moved at all. I keep wanting to complain, but I'm afraid no one would listen to me. *shrugs*

Battle-ready Knight

15,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Conventioneer 300
You've definitely got that right about older fans loving the nostalgia...

Proud to be one of the old fans (turning 34 next month... yikes), and I majorly love all the references to the cool stuff of the eras of my childhood and teens (and epic rarities, too; still can't get over the fact that Hussie pulled off a joke from the british scifi-comedy Red Dwarf - not many folks know about that series unless they are diehard scifi nuts [like me and my parents...LOL]).

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Wait Red Dwarf was referenced and I didn't catch it? Darn now I feel dumber than Lister

Party Animal

Alas, poor Roxy. But not for long. Not as far as she'll know. biggrin

23/Texas
Oh my goodness I am so scared. I remember a long time ago I was thinking that a grimdark Dirk would be the scariest s**t to ever happen. But now I realized I was wrong. So wrong. Trickster Dirk would be. And I can smell that it's about to happen.

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
I think the whole thing is stupidly hilarious...of course a good part of me is waiting for the return of Sollux & Aradia to the story..you know...OTP and all...

Random thought
of OTL is someone on their hands and knees...is OTP someone crouched with their butt sticking out?

Random thoughts take up about 50% of my mental processes...the other 40% lately is Arasol...

Slumbering Tengu

Hahaha I'd be just fine if we never heard from Sollux again 0u0
that's probably my Aradia/Equius bias talking though

Anyway yeah that update
I love the person who did these edits

User Image
User Image

JUST AS PLANNED
Konan Tatsuhiko

Hahaha I'd be just fine if we never heard from Sollux again 0u0
that's probably my Aradia/Equius bias talking though

Anyway yeah that update
I love the person who did these edits

User Image
User Image

JUST AS PLANNED

Wow, ahah those are funny. I'd be kind of happy to see Sollux, since we haven't seen him in a while!

But I mostly want to see the beta kids again. They are my loves. Every panel with John in it is giving me nostalgia.

Is that a bad sign. Homestuck isn't even over yet why am I getting nostalgic.

Slumbering Tengu

Meh it might just be because I find Sollux one of the least interesting characters in Homestuck
like along with Feferi they've gotta be the more uninteresting of the Alternian trolls IMO

I am curious what Aradia is up to though
and all this rallying in the dream bubbles business

I'm just looking forward to the beta kids getting back into the story again
I miss them doing things

Greedy Raider

Kaelwin

Random thought
of OTL is someone on their hands and knees...is OTP someone crouched with their butt sticking out?

Tipped just for that. xd

As for the passing Red Dwarf reference, as I recall, it was
"They're dead, Dave. Everyone's dead, Dave. They're dead, Dave."
emotion_kirakira

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Ah yea that scene okay! and .-.;; I kinda really like sollux...he's a bit of a damaged introverted nerd. . . which I can relate to...-chuckles- plus my Sol Cosplay is getting closer and closer to completion. I rather dislike Equius, and someone went and put a really bad head cannon voice in my head that makes my skin crawl.

-rolls around a bit- I didn't like Feferi at first, but she kinda grows on you...Eridan definitely but after really going over all of Eridan, kinda hits a bit too close to home, the desperation and loneliness
User Image

^Is anyone else dissatisfied with Tavris Sprite?
So EriSol said Sollux and Feferi were matesprits past tense just like how Eridan and Feferi were moirails.meaning it stopped being a thing?
Why do I even bother with understanding ships when its just so confusing. gonk

Greedy Raider

...maybe the relationships tend to be "til death do us part." :L
Also the merging tends to strain things a bit.

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
Konan Tatsuhiko

Meh it might just be because I find Sollux one of the least interesting characters in Homestuck

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff