Welcome to Gaia! ::

Battle-ready Knight

15,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Some people can be overly sensitive in this fandom for sure.

And if you think the stuff on tumblr is crazy, you should experience it in real life. There sadly are a few folks who attend HS meetups and other events here where I live (Seattle, Washington) that are seriously way too sensitive. Some of the weirdest things can sadden them or make them cross. And it sucks if you happen to be the poor soul who did the offending. *sigh* Though not always the case, I swear a lot of folks need to grow up and get a freakin backbone (I'd say 'grow some balls', but that term doesn't apply well to girls...LOL). I'm so glad I'm not that bad.

And hey... I really wonder where all this trickster stuff is going to go. Part of me loves it, yet another is worried that this could spell disaster for their game session (and their own existence).

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
When I saw that, I was like "It could have been worse. Hussie could have given all the kids the same skin tones found in Doug instead of leaving them pure white and up to our imaginations." People actually used the original joke to be jerkasses to POC?! Oi... This is why we can't have nice things. emotion_facepalm

The original joke made it seem like Jane's aware of the fact that they're usually drawn with few colors and she took notice of the change in art style.
Super 9-Volt
When I saw that, I was like "It could have been worse. Hussie could have given all the kids the same skin tones found in Doug instead of leaving them pure white and up to our imaginations." People actually used the original joke to be jerkasses to POC?! Oi... This is why we can't have nice things. emotion_facepalm

The original joke made it seem like Jane's aware of the fact that they're usually drawn with few colors and she took notice of the change in art style.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny, it's like Jane's breaking the fourth wall! But yeah, I totally get where Hussie's coming from if people are using the joke in that way.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
The recent updates make me want to draw candy...

Snoipah-Kun's Queen

Devoted Otaku

13,475 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Razumi Yazura

haha!! me too. 3nodding
K3MaMi
Razumi Yazura

haha!! me too. 3nodding

Made me never want to look at another piece of candy ever again. haha too much candyyy

Anxious Phantom

20,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
Anticrab
K3MaMi
Razumi Yazura

haha!! me too. 3nodding

Made me never want to look at another piece of candy ever again. haha too much candyyy

they make ME want to throw up rainbows and make A ZILLION BABIES!!!!

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
yo! -waves to Kara Kazeneko from Spokane, WA- Thankfully our spokane stucks group has been pretty chill about the fandom chaos that happened, the few I communicate with kinda look at it as a bad joke gone wrong. Although I didn't get the joke at first myself.

More interested in what effect trickster has on the world, even MORE interested in getting back to the trolls and original kids!

EDIT: Forgot to introduce myself hahaha I'm Dana, a Homestuck fan from the Spokane, WA area. Um...statistics...I'm employed, thirty...male...I have an odd fascination with Sadstuck...
Oh and I will ship Sollux & Aradia until the day I die
Kaelwin
yo! -waves to Kara Kazeneko from Spokane, WA- Thankfully our spokane stucks group has been pretty chill about the fandom chaos that happened, the few I communicate with kinda look at it as a bad joke gone wrong. Although I didn't get the joke at first myself.

More interested in what effect trickster has on the world, even MORE interested in getting back to the trolls and original kids!

EDIT: Forgot to introduce myself hahaha I'm Dana, a Homestuck fan from the Spokane, WA area. Um...statistics...I'm employed, thirty...male...I have an odd fascination with Sadstuck...
Oh and I will ship Sollux & Aradia until the day I die

Hey! 18/female/san Francisco, you can count on me leaving a stupid comment here every update. haha

I personally thought the joke was calling attention to how the characters are normally drawn black and white and Jane was breaking the fourth wall by noticing that there was a style change and she was being depicted with a caucasian skin tone all of a sudden. I really don't think it was meant to poke fun at any head cannon wars, like a lot of people think. Especially on Tumblr.

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Most of the stuff I ran into on my tumblr dash was the anti-racism garbage...with a void of people saying it was actually racist, like trying to counter an argument before it was made.

oh yea age...um...v-v;; 30...
Kaelwin
Most of the stuff I ran into on my tumblr dash was the anti-racism garbage...with a void of people saying it was actually racist, like trying to counter an argument before it was made.

oh yea age...um...v-v;; 30...

Yes, I actually didn't really see anyone who was offended by it. All there seemed to be on the entire homestuck tag was people saying it wasn't racist. But whatever! I say we forget about it a a fandom. It wasn't intentionally racist (If racist at all) and there are plenty of other really funny jokes in Homestuck.

Ha ha, doesn't matter what age you are. In fact, I have a feeling that older fans probably enjoy Homestuck more that the younger fans. There are a lot of references from the 80's and 90's that are really funny if you lived through them.

Dapper Genius

6,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Yeah, it's way nice to see people not freaking out about some of the recent updates ^^;
And I agree, I don't think Homestuck really has an age group, and it's definitely nicer to have mature fans that don't screech around and just urgh. I know quite a lot of people who do. Especially since I'm on tumblr as well -_-'
Any, I'm Shishi, any CarolinaStucks out there?
Female/19/student

Vicious Bloodsucker

8,850 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
Sup bros & hoes?

I'm craving for some sweet suckers right now. Pretty sweet (literally) updates hahah.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Oh dear god... Looks like Trickster Mode's going to claim yet another victim. twisted

I was laughing so hard when Roxy's plea for help from the HIC was shot down like that. XDD

I wouldn't really call that joke "breaking the fourth wall" since they've practically gunned it down throughout the whole story like how Caliborn did to Gamzee. And just like that poor clown, the wall keeps crawling back.

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Anticrab
Yes, I actually didn't really see anyone who was offended by it. All there seemed to be on the entire homestuck tag was people saying it wasn't racist. But whatever! I say we forget about it a a fandom. It wasn't intentionally racist (If racist at all) and there are plenty of other really funny jokes in Homestuck.

Ha ha, doesn't matter what age you are. In fact, I have a feeling that older fans probably enjoy Homestuck more that the younger fans. There are a lot of references from the 80's and 90's that are really funny if you lived through them.

Honestly you're not wrong there...John's movie tastes are really pretty old, most of them being from the late 80s, early 90s if I recall.

I'm actually kinda happy to find a homestuck group here, I was about to lock down and forget about Gaia online >_> as I really didn't have a reason to come back here, gave up on RP a loooong time ago

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff