Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Consumer

Treble Depardieu
AnimeJet
Treble Depardieu

>Vriska died, because Spades Slick broke Doc Scratch's God Tier clock
I thought vriska died because it was a just death? And the clock smashing was to throw us off (that she might actually get to live because the clock that judged it just was broken)
Someone asked Hussie about the clock on his Formspring, if it decided whether her death was just or heroic or if it simply told wwhether her death was just or heroic, but he was being vvague and shifty about it. Generally though, the accepted theory is that the clock decided. It seemed like it was going to stop in the middle as neither just nor heroic, but in the last second Spade's OCD kicked in and he stuck the clock on just. I was kinda hoping it would stay in the middle and Vriska would come back to life, but then she would've killed Terezi AND tried to fight Jack, and then we'd have another doomed timeline.
I think Hussie threw in Slick attacking the clock because of Vriska's controversial nature. If he made her death just without Spade's interference, then people would be going on and on about how she was a "victim of circumstance due to Spidermom" or how "Tavros was a mercy killing" or how "she only manipulates people to survive," or whatever. Better to just confuse the audience and let them believe what they want, rather than make a decision and lose half your viewers - well played, I guess.
Apologies for the wall of text. I guess I should reword this then:
>Vriska died, because Spades Slick broke Doc Scratch's God Tier clock, to
>Vriska died, possibly because Spades Slick broke Doc Scratch's God Tier clock?

No no problem, i'm happy you took the time to explain! I never really keep up with AH's postings or look too deep into what other people think @_@, but it's always interesting to find out what other theories are. It doesn't occur to me there are lots of variations in interpretation is all, due to my own biases like you mentioned. I just assumed vriska had a just death because i'm not one of her fans XD.

Ruthless Consumer

oOh god i miss nepeta so much now crying

Friendly Fatcat

Treble Depardieu
Kuchi-kun
Jayce Reinhardt
Treble Depardieu
Guys and gals, I think we're coming up to the end of act flash. Get ready for SHOCKING REVELATIONS and general awesomeness.
What do you think will happen?

Gamzee comes back somehow and kicks a certain someone in the lady parts as revenge.

pff.. I don't even remember what happened last... sweatdrop
Basically:
>Eridan killed Feferi and Kanaya
>Sollux went blind, because Eridan shot him with his "science wwand"
>Kanaya came back as a vampire and killed Eridan
>Vriska died, because Spades Slick broke Doc Scratch's God Tier clock
>John died in God Tier mode, then came back to life
>Rose was killed by Jack Noir, then came back as her dreamself
>Dave was killed by Jack Noir, then came back as his dreamself
>Gamzee is implied to be dead
>Jack Noir won't attack Jade, because he's got Becquerel's loyalty and love
>Either Dave or Rose are going to suicide bomb the Green Sun from Derse as their dreamself
>...something about the Scratch and Lord English and the CRITICAL MOMENT. Bluh.
And that's basically what happened in the past month: everyone but Jade, Karkat, Sollux, Terezi and Gamzee died at least once. This has to be the most confusing and murderous webcomic in existance... but does that help any? sweatdrop

That does help, thanks xD

Friendly Fatcat

THE UPDATE. omg.

// SOME OF THIS MIGHT BE SPOILER-ISH IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE LATEST UPDATE//

frggghhhhhhmgmgg. Did...did he see her? ;A; And why is everything so back and forward in time all the time.. :/ It confuses me. A lot.

6,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kuchi-kun
THE UPDATE. omg.

frggghhhhhhmgmgg. Did...did he see her? ;A; And why is everything so back and forward in time all the time.. :/ It confuses me. A lot.

Funnily enough, I was kinda happy that he saw her, but now I really wanna know what happens with all of them.
Kuchi-kun
THE UPDATE. omg.

I think some of these are just memories being played out in dream bubbles, and the one with John and Vriska is a bubble from Vriska's point of view. I guess that means that in a few days, we're either going to have some epic dream bubble interactions (I can't wait to see how Tavros and Aradia react to seeing Vriska dead) or we'll continue with the linear plot (more than likely focusing on the surviving trolls, there are a lot more loose ends there) once disc 2 is fixed.
On another note, I love how this entire "Scratch" update was presented. I mean, all the interactives and the additional story playing out in the banner? So cool.

Dapper Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Here's something you should do. It's what I've learned to do.
Do not attempt to place a time on anything until you are given a clear indication in comic.
Anyway.

About the Vriska-death. There's something a little more. The clock was a medium of display, surely, but was it the be all and end all? The point of what happened was to showcase what kind of character Vriska was, till the bitter end - a character who has divided the fanbase, and left us constantly wondering what is to become of her fate. In this final instance, she has died. From the alternate timeline, we can only assume it was a just death, because it prevented what we saw in the timeline from happening. Who is to say that what we saw was the full story? Perhaps her death was a heroic one, as, after confessing the truth to John, she had provided the final selfless act needed to tip the scales.

I was a huge fan of Vriska's. Not because she was good, or bad, but because she was both. And that is what defined her as a character up to the very end.

In other news, DAVESPRITE IS ALIVE WHAT.

Divine Muse

This stuff is almost like crack, so addictive.
I wonder if someone else is gonna die or it will be the squiggles intermission.

But my crack theory is that the trolls are in fact the humans in a different dimension.

It explains why they are all 13
why rose and Kanaya have the same hair and both wear waist scarves.
why both Gamzee and Tavros had a rap session just like Jon and Dave.
Why Kanaya's betrayal by Vriska could be forshadowing of Rose and John.

Friendly Fatcat

Jayce Reinhardt

But my crack theory is that the trolls are in fact the humans in a different dimension.

I..I've never thought of that... o.o

The only thing i really ''hope' right now is that everyone meets. I don't know why, I get so exited, especially when Vriska talked to John in the update..

Divine Muse

Kuchi-kun
Jayce Reinhardt

The only thing i really ''hope' right now is that everyone meets. I don't know why, I get so exited, especially when Vriska talked to John in the update..

Didn't she ask him for a date at one point?

Friendly Fatcat

Jayce Reinhardt
Kuchi-kun
Jayce Reinhardt

Didn't she ask him for a date at one point?

Indeed she did.

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
i vvery wwell like homestuck friggin awwesome
Veritas Unae_Nanashi

In other news, DAVESPRITE IS ALIVE WHAT.

Ikr? I was sure they'd be dead, with the whole doomed timelines thing.

Distinct Elder

Here's to what the [future] brings

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I freaking love Homestuck, if not for the awesome fan comics.
User Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I hope tomorrow you’ll find [better] things
Operation Desert Storm
Here's to what the [future] brings

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I freaking love Homestuck, if not for the awesome fan comics.
User Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I hope tomorrow you’ll find [better] things

oh god, dave looks so luch like ellwood...

TH3 DANC3 P4RTY D4V3, TH3 D4NC3 P4RTY!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces