Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kiri-Paz

Soy una mangaka asi que trabajo asi... y MI MANGA no es "Comic" es Manga!!

Are you reading a single word of what's being said to you, or just mashing out your replies through frustrated tears?

"Manga" is just the Japanese word for "comic." Asterix the Gaul is manga. Uncanny X-Men is manga. Maus is manga.

Claiming you draw backwards because you're drawing manga, not comics, is like saying you drive a Toyota, not a car, and since it's Japanese, you should drive it on the left side of the road.
IronSpike
Kiri-Paz

Soy una mangaka asi que trabajo asi... y MI MANGA no es "Comic" es Manga!!

Are you reading a single word of what's being said to you, or just mashing out your replies through frustrated tears?

"Manga" is just the Japanese word for "comic." Asterix the Gaul is manga. Uncanny X-Men is manga. Maus is manga.

Claiming you draw backwards because you're drawing manga, not comics, is like saying you drive a Toyota, not a car, and since it's Japanese, you should drive it on the left side of the road.

gracias por la critica
Why are you thanking me? Why are you thanking anyone in this thread, for that matter? You're obviously not listening to a word that's being said to you. You're hardly genuinely thankful.
IronSpike
Why are you thanking me? Why are you thanking anyone in this thread, for that matter? You're obviously not listening to a word that's being said to you. You're hardly genuinely thankful.

im drawing im sorry im gonna stop reading ur coments so long cause for me they make no sense. and if u dont have an important thing to say... plz read ur singnature
Kiri-Paz
y MI MANGA no es "Comic" es Manga!!
That makes as much sense as saying "this isn't a 'sauce,' it's a salsa!" They're the same damn thing.

<>>>>>>><><<<<<<<>

@IronSpike
I think your analogy wins all.
Kiri-Paz

im drawing im sorry im gonna stop reading ur coments so long cause for me they make no sense. and if u dont have an important thing to say... plz read ur singnature

Giving up, huh.

I make plenty of sense, chickie. And I'm hardly the only one saying it. You just don't wanna hear it.
Snow_Bandit
your work is awesome as always smile

thank you Snow__Bandit ^_^

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Kiri-Paz
Fansub
Let me explain to you what IronSpike means.

Manga reads right to left because Japanese is (traditionally) read right to left. The word balloons are long and thin because Japanese is (traditionally) read top to bottom. That is the only reason those things are the way they are. It's not a choice that the artists made, it has nothing to do with style.

If your comic is in English, or any other language that isn't read right to left, top to bottom, then it just shouldn't be drawn that way. There's no point, you're not imitating a style, you're copying translation artifacts. It just makes you look like a weeaboo.

Soy una mangaka asi que trabajo asi... y MI MANGA no es "Comic" es Manga!! los manga se leen de derecha a izquierda aqui y en Roma asi que si piensas que porque vivo en america debo hacer comic estas mal... no me gusta el comic americano y no pienso trabajar como tu me dices.

El español es mi idioma natal.
adios "fansub"

Manga se lee "de derecha a izquierda"
Comic se lee "de izquierda a derecha"

"Manga" es la palabra japonesa para "comic". Es de derecha a izquierda, porque el idioma japonés se escribe de esa manera. No es un estilo. ¿Lo entiendes? No tienes que hacer su comic de derecha a izquierda para que sea manga.
okay so has anyone got anything to say other than the format, or are people gonna make this into another R2L vs L2R discussion thread >_>;;
[~Ramble.Corset~]
okay so has anyone got anything to say other than the format, or are people gonna make this into another R2L vs L2R discussion thread >_>;;

How about the first post? Nice confirmation bias there, bro.

To the OP: It's too early to tell whether or not this is something with a well executed plot, but so far things do not look promising. Already we have a whirlwind of cliches. The dead mother, the rich and absentee father, love at first sight- none that are a death knell for a comic alone, but when nothing interesting is done with them, well, honestly, i'm ready to bail already.

Love at first sight is such a lazy way to do things, it eliminates the need for doing pesky things like giving the people reasons to like each other, developing a relationship, etc. It even sours me when the development is done, because it gives the sense that there literally was no other outcome, no alternate path these characters could have taken. Your readers shouldn't be able to see the strings. It ruins tension.

Additionally, I don't think it was a great idea to lay out his introduction like this. Stuff like parental abandonment has to be written well and should ideally be brought up for a character we already care about, not in a bid for sympathy for the main character. It's cheap and the audience will see right through it, every time.
-2o
[~Ramble.Corset~]

meh, too many posts centred around format, or with format placed as the biggest issue with little insight otherwise, outweighting regular critique posts. Good to have you comment and contribute something else to the matter.

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
[~Ramble.Corset~]

The format is kind of a big deal, since a lot of people just can't get past it and simply don't read the comic, thus making it impossible for them to critique anything else.

This comic suffers from a lot of other problems, the art is sub par and the flow is not good, however judging by the way in which the OP responded to previous criticism, it feels like a huge waste of time to even bring anything else up.
-2o
[~Ramble.Corset~]

To the OP: It's too early to tell whether or not this is something with a well executed plot, but so far things do not look promising. Already we have a whirlwind of cliches. The dead mother, the rich and absentee father, love at first sight- none that are a death knell for a comic alone, but when nothing interesting is done with them, well, honestly, i'm ready to bail already.

Love at first sight is such a lazy way to do things, it eliminates the need for doing pesky things like giving the people reasons to like each other, developing a relationship, etc. It even sours me when the development is done, because it gives the sense that there literally was no other outcome, no alternate path these characters could have taken. Your readers shouldn't be able to see the strings. It ruins tension.

Additionally, I don't think it was a great idea to lay out his introduction like this. Stuff like parental abandonment has to be written well and should ideally be brought up for a character we already care about, not in a bid for sympathy for the main character. It's cheap and the audience will see right through it, every time.

ooh thx so much for ur critic even though u didnt like it XD it made me happy read about my post and not the format i will have everything u said in mind C= cause is my first work as a Mangaka
thx indeed =)
[~Ramble.Corset~]

omg thx for that!! 3nodding
Kiri-Paz
[~Ramble.Corset~]

omg thx for that!! 3nodding
you're welcome, good luck with the critique!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff