Welcome to Gaia! ::

hello everyone im posting this cause im making a Manga, here is the cover ^_^

User Image

here is the plot whee

A Young man falls in love with a girl, when he saws her at sunset in Rome, however, everyone that falls for her turns at dawn into a Scarecrow, because his father curses her when she refuses to get married with the man he had chosen for her…

and you can read it here its in English and spanish so you guys or girls can read it the way u like xD
The scarecrow manga

also u can find some of my other work here =)
My deviantart

and like all Manga its has to be read form right to left enjoy =)

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
The idea is kinda neat, although I'm not too fond of the whole, "My name is ______, I am a _______..." monologue introduction. You got some cool backgrounds here and there, and I commend you for drawing them, but occasionally your figures don't match up with the perspective. I also recommend you stay away from using stock photos or images in your backgrounds, it's very jarring and obvious when it's your drawing versus a pre-made manga tone or a grayscale image from the internet. Keep it up.
Quote:
it's very jarring and obvious when it's your drawing versus a pre-made manga tone or a grayscale image from the internet

hello ^_^ thx for the critic and althout they look like pics on the backgounds i didnt use the pre-made manga tone or gray scale in those panels as u said hehe those were done with my hand and they took me a lot of time to do xD hehehehe i just toke the pictures as a guide =) cause the San Pietro church already exists =)

as for the others critics im agree im still studing perpectives hehehe xD and the mode of how the story is told.. well xD is like that i cant change it hehehe XD

thx so much for reading "the Scarecrow" =D
your work is awesome as always smile

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Why on Earth does this read right to left and why are the word balloons so long? That makes zero sense in English, don't do it.
Quote:
Why on Earth does this read right to left and why are the word balloons so long? That makes zero sense in English, don't do it

its manga style XD if u didnt know mangas are read form Right to left ^_^

thx for reading anyway

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kiri-Paz
Quote:
Why on Earth does this read right to left and why are the word balloons so long? That makes zero sense in English, don't do it

thx for reading anyway

'style' implies that its a choice. Japanese manga reads right to left because it's in Japanese.
Seijaku_Ishida
Kiri-Paz
Quote:

thx for reading anyway

'style' implies that its a choice. Japanese manga reads right to left because it's in Japanese.

true xD i chose the style I dont live in Japan but I love it so thats why im making it that way C=
Kiri-Paz

true xD i chose the style I dont live in Japan but I love it so thats why im making it that way C=

D-minus in reading comprehension.

Do you understand what's being said to you? Laying out a manga to read right to left is not a "style."

A "style" in the context of artistic expression is a combination of distinctive features unique to your work. You're just worshiping the exotic because you don't know any better. And laying out your comic backwards certainly isn't a style, because you're mimicking something else slavishly in a grab for authenticity. There is no rational reason to do what you're doing.
IronSpike
Kiri-Paz

D-minus in reading comprehension.

Do you understand what's being said to you? Laying out a manga to read right to left is not a "style."

A "style" in the context of artistic expression is a combination of distinctive features unique to your work. You're just worshiping the exotic because you don't know any better. And laying out your comic backwards certainly isn't a style, because you're mimicking something else slavishly in a grab for authenticity. There is no rational reason to do what you're doing.

i think anyone can work the way they like so thx for the .... post? oh and i do the "mimicking" cause San Pietro curch already exist.
*wave*
Kiri-Paz

i think anyone can work the way they like so thx for the .... post?
*wave*

Yes, and anyone can bake weed killer and mouse droppings into a cake, too. But don't expect us to tell you it tastes like anything other than s**t and poison when you ask our opinions.

Keep those fingers in your ears and keep doing it wrong. Knock yourself out. No skin off our backs.
IronSpike
Kiri-Paz

i think anyone can work the way they like so thx for the .... post?
*wave*

Yes, and anyone can bake weed killer and mouse droppings into a cake, too. But don't expect us to tell you it tastes like anything other than s**t and poison when you ask our opinions.

Keep those fingers in your ears and keep doing it wrong. Knock yourself out. No skin off our backs.

thx anyway and.. i dont read with my ears. byes ^_^

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Let me explain to you what IronSpike means.

Manga reads right to left because Japanese is (traditionally) read right to left. The word balloons are long and thin because Japanese is (traditionally) read top to bottom. That is the only reason those things are the way they are. It's not a choice that the artists made, it has nothing to do with style.

If your comic is in English, or any other language that isn't read right to left, top to bottom, then it just shouldn't be drawn that way. There's no point, you're not imitating a style, you're copying translation artifacts. It just makes you look like a weeaboo.
Fansub
Let me explain to you what IronSpike means.

Manga reads right to left because Japanese is (traditionally) read right to left. The word balloons are long and thin because Japanese is (traditionally) read top to bottom. That is the only reason those things are the way they are. It's not a choice that the artists made, it has nothing to do with style.

If your comic is in English, or any other language that isn't read right to left, top to bottom, then it just shouldn't be drawn that way. There's no point, you're not imitating a style, you're copying translation artifacts. It just makes you look like a weeaboo.

Soy una mangaka asi que trabajo asi... y MI MANGA no es "Comic" es Manga!! los manga se leen de derecha a izquierda aqui y en Roma asi que si piensas que porque vivo en america debo hacer comic estas mal... no me gusta el comic americano y no pienso trabajar como tu me dices.

El español es mi idioma natal.
adios "fansub"

Manga se lee "de derecha a izquierda"
Comic se lee "de izquierda a derecha"

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Manga means comic translated from Japaneese to English. So... "this is a manga and not comic" is a contradictory and nonsensical statement.
You being a Spanish speaker is only advocating the choice of writing your work from left to right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff