Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Explorer

3,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hi everyone~! whee Yeah I've returned after being absent for so damn long. I was loaded by tons of work to do in real life few months back. And now I'm back for my new manga called...

少年流みずち様!Shounen Ryu Mizuchi Sama!

You may read the manga/comic by clicking the title above, thank you~!

Here's the sample of the manga cover...

-MANGA COVER COLOURED-

Feel free to comment this manga to your liking but please avoid flaming and bashing since I'm not very much fond of those actions. Positive motivation and support are more appreciated here. heart 3nodding

Shadowy Phantom

Koorinchan
Feel free to comment this manga to your liking but please avoid flaming and bashing since I'm not very much fond of those actions. Positive motivation and support are more appreciated here.

Does this mean you do not accept any type of critique? That's not a great attitude to have, as listening to critique is one of the best way to accelerate your improvement.
Getting support and motivation are nice, but they'll only lull you into a false sense of security that your work better than it is, which in turn leads to stagnation or worse. You may see some of the flaws in your work and work on them, but I doubt that you see every problem. Moreover, a good critique can not only point out problems, it can also suggest solutions, so that you don't need to waste time searching for them blindly yourself.

Timid Explorer

3,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kyousouka
Koorinchan
Feel free to comment this manga to your liking but please avoid flaming and bashing since I'm not very much fond of those actions. Positive motivation and support are more appreciated here.

Does this mean you do not accept any type of critique? That's not a great attitude to have, as listening to critique is one of the best way to accelerate your improvement.
Getting support and motivation are nice, but they'll only lull you into a false sense of security that your work better than it is, which in turn leads to stagnation or worse. You may see some of the flaws in your work and work on them, but I doubt that you see every problem. Moreover, a good critique can not only point out problems, it can also suggest solutions, so that you don't need to waste time searching for them blindly yourself.

sweatdrop .......

uhum~! okay... I would like to apologize first if my words are not parallel to your understanding sir but I didn't say I won't or don't accept critiques. The only thing I would love people to avoid is FLAMING and BASHING means using harsh words to criticize on others that sometimes don't motivate people at all but the other way around. rolleyes

Example : "You don't have any talent and your work is such a BS! It's a piece of trash... nobody should read it" <<< BIG NO NO!

"Nice manga, I think you should work on the proportion more since it seems kind of off a bit there. Hopefully you'll improve more in the future wink " <<< very much acceptable since it pinpointed where or what to be improved.

I hope with this explanation you can understand what is the true meaning of my words thank you 3nodding

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Koorinchan
Example : "You don't have any talent and your work is such a BS! It's a piece of trash... nobody should read it" <<< BIG NO NO!

"Nice manga, I think you should work on the proportion more since it seems kind of off a bit there. Hopefully you'll improve more in the future wink " <<< very much acceptable since it pinpointed where or what to be improved.

I'm not liable to flame or anything, but sometimes constructive criticism won't come with accolades.

Hopefully also not with outright insults though, I agree with you on that. Politeness is always good.

Um... question though... actually, two.

1. Why so much Japanese? Are you fluent?

2. Why are you putting it on deviantArt? It's kind of hard to go from page to page. That's why I stopped uploading one of my old comics on there, and never really went back to doing it unless I had, like, one-off strips, or old regular art, or something. There are a number of comic hosting sites which would possibly make it easier for people to browse your pages, and also easier for you to upload them (categorizing on dA was always a pain for me).

Dapper Dabbler

I read what you have so far. It took me a while to think of what to post, though. I do like your lineart and the character designs're fine. The MC's handsome. I'm not sure about the plot, yet. I'm guessing it's an action story about fighting spirits? I do like action.

Your coloring's not as good as your lineart, yet. Like the way hair and clothes're colored make them more like plastic than hair and cloth. You're better at coloring skin. I think you'll get better at coloring as the series progresses, though.

I have the same question as Xiam's #1. Is this set in Japan? If so, why?

If it's because you think the place you live is boring, then I can tell you, it's not. It only seems boring, because you live there. To an outsider, the place you live will seem fascinating. If it's because you want to use Japanese monsters, then I think they could work in other settings too. Supernatural used Japanese monsters and it's set in the USA and it worked fine. If it's set in the modern day, then I could see monsters from all over the world ending up in places they wouldn't in the past.

Those're my 2 cents.

Anyway, if you make more pages, then I'll read them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff