Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hunter

Intro

'Don't Forget!' is actually the name of a novel I planning on writing at some point, but it occurred to me while browsing through these forums that it could possibly have great potential as a comic as well! It's beginning to seem like by the time I turn it into a novel, it will have already been written in every other possible medium (already a play and a short story)...but I digress.

In order to turn this idea of mine into a comic, I will first need to locate a suitable artist. I don't plan on this being a long series...Well, not even a short series, for that matter. I believe there should be a prologue and a few chapters. Not too long, not too short. Think of it this way: If it were a manga, it'd only be one volume long.

And, speaking of which, I was thinking that it may be a good idea to enter this into a contest of some sort. If I manage to find a decent artist, I truly believe that we'd have a shot at it! So, keep that it mind. I don't want this to be just another webcomic; I want it to go somewhere!

But enough of my rambling. After three paragraphs, I've still yet to reveal anything about my idea. How does that always happen? Ah, well! If I've managed to spark your interest (don't ask me how, since I haven't really said anything), read through the next couple of posts to find out more...^^

Hunter

Summary

The story is set in late 19th century Europe and centers around a boy by the name of Christoph. In his childhood, Christoph had a very close friend by the name of Bastian. When Christoph's father was murdered after getting mixed up in some sketchy business, his mother was forced to send he and his sister, Jessabelle, away for their own safety, and for many years, Bastian and Christoph would hear nothing more of each other...

One day, however, Christoph and his sister do return. After living in the closest thing to poverty they'd ever had to endure for so long, returning home should have been a happy time, but things begin to go wrong soon after their arrival. The exact circumstances of their father's death come to light, their mother's mental condition is showing no signs of improvement, and the one thing that could have made things even just a little bit better for Christoph, seeing his childhood friend again, turns out to be perhaps the worst of it all.

Christoph was hurt when he found out that Bastian was getting married (to say the least), but nothing could have prepared him for the full reality of the situation. Cassandra, the spoiled and manipulative daughter of a very high ranking official, the very last person Christoph could have ever imagined his friend being in love with, is the one to whom Bastian is to be married. Aside from that, and thankfully so, Bastian himself doesn't seem to have changed a bit. But even that happy bit of information soon loses its spark, for it doesn't take long for Christoph and his sister to realize that Bastian doesn't seem to remember having ever met Christoph in his life!

But how can that be? How could someone who had been so close to Christoph forget that he'd ever existed? Jessabelle knows right away that something is wrong, and she is determined, for her brother's sake, to find out exactly what it is.

Hunter

Characters

Christoph Trenton

In childhood, Christoph was always the youngest and the smallest in his class, a fact that his fellow students never let him forget. As a result, he became very shy and reserved, preferring to keep to himself and barely speaking to anyone outside of his family. Bastian was one of the very few to show him any kindness, and even at that young age, Christoph began to develop a deep affection for the older boy.

As he grew older, Christoph's shyness gradually ebbed away, though his reserved nature never quite faded. He's fairly quick to jump to the worst conclusion, and he doesn't think very highly of himself.

Jessabelle Trenton

Christoph's older sister. She's a bit of a tomboy and is very much against the fact that 'proper ladies' must wear dresses. Jessabelle is very outspoken and intuitive; she's usually the first to have a full grasp on a given situation. She cares very much for her brother, and in childhood, he could always count on her to come to his defense. It is also through her that Christoph overcame his shyness, as Jessabelle will not hesitate to make her brother do something against his will if it's for his own good.

Diana Trenton

Mother of Christoph and Jessabelle. Unlike her husband, she was not born into wealth. In marrying him, she knew that she would be bound by middle-class no more, and in the beginning, that was her only reason for marrying him.

She eventually realized, however, that she truly did love him. It was for this reason, and not the threat of losing her newfound wealth, that she chose to ignore her husband's illegal activities for so long. Because of this, she blames herself for his death; she believes that had she convinced him to stop, he would still be alive.

It was a combination of both losing her husband and being suddenly thrust back into near-poverty that caused Diana's mental stability to deteriorate. For awhile, there would be periods of time that she seemed on the verge of getting better. Those times have passed, however, and her condition plunges deeper as the months wear on. It gets to the point that she can no longer recognize her own children most of the time.

Edward Trenton

Father of Christoph and Jessabelle. Though born into a wealthy family, Edward fell out of favor with them after marrying Diana, who was well below their social standing. Desperate for money, fearing that he would be unable to support his family after being denied use of the family wealth and, admittedly, having no desire to lose his own position in society, Edward soon found himself involved in some sketchy business. The money was good, however, and his family would want for nothing, which, as far as Edward was concerned, was well worth the risk. Though his buisness dealings did, at times, call for his being away from home for several days, not once did Edward miss a special occassion, be it birthday or holiday, and he made sure to always return with gifts for his family.

Despite being disinherited by his family (which most were unaware of, anyhow), Edward was well-liked throughout the town. A gentleman among gentlemen, he never failed to offer a helping hand, and could manage to brighten even the most dour of occassions with his kind words and hypnotic smile. His death was, therefore, a great blow to the town, and for awhile, people seemed to seldom talk of anything else.

Bastian Sterling

Childhood friend of Christoph. Unlike many of the residents of their town, he and his family were not originally from there. However, his family's social status, coupled with his own charm, made fitting in a fairly easy task.

It didn't take long for Bastian to realize that Christoph was an outcast, and Bastian made it his personal goal to change that. Aside from Cassandra, for the most part, most of the students left Christoph alone after Bastian befriended him.

Bastian tends to attract people to him, though he doesn't really try. He's soft spoken but very outgoing, and he exudes a kind and friendly demeanor. Due in large part to his mother constantly pounding it into his head, Bastian is also very polite and gentlemanly.

On the other hand, Bastian can be rather oblivious, and he's not completely above disobeying his parents (though most would assume the complete opposite). However, it is for his mother's sake that he is agreeing to marry Cassandra.

Victoria Sterling

Bastian's mother. She's constantly trying to improve her position in society, which was her sole reason for marrying Bastian's father. She absolutely refuses to associate with anyone who she feels is of a lower standing than she is, and if it weren't for the fear of making herself look bad, she would avoid everyone who couldn't improve her standing.

Although Christoph's family had money, Victoria knew that his mother hadn't been born into a wealthy family as she had. That, coupled with her suspicions concerning just where their wealth was coming from, contributed to her immediate dislike of Christoph, and she found many ways to keep he and Bastian apart.

It is because of her that Bastian is marrying Cassandra; she knows that marrying into that family is yet another way to improve her position.

Lucian Sterling

Father of Bastian. While he denies it vehemently, Lucian has a drinking problem, and is prone towards fits of rage when he is drunk, though he claims to have no recollection of this. Being both a war veteran and the son of a nobleman, Lucian is highly regarded in society, which is what drew Victoria to him. While their marriage was based on social status alone, Lucian eventually devoloped feelings for Victoria. He knew full well, however, of the reasoning behind Victoria's decision to marry him, and is therefore aware that the feelings he has for her are not mutual. At times, his usually well hidden anger at this gets the best of him, and he tends to take it out on his children.

Cassandra Brash

The daughter of a high ranking official, Cassandra was both born and raised in wealth. An only child, she learned many ways to get what she wanted, and if that meant stepping on others along the way...Well, as far as she's concerned, the end justifies the means.

She teased and picked on Christoph worse than any other, especially after Bastian moved to town. At that point, she began seeing Christoph as a rival, and was extremely jealous of their friendship. For a time, Bastian was the only thing she wanted that she could not have, and she took her anger out on everyone around her. In the end, as with everything else, Cassandra got her way...

Felicity McCullen

Felicity and her family were not born into wealth; although they have money, they must work very hard to maintain it. Felicity knows that if anyone were to find out, she would be looked down upon, so she does her best to hide the fact...Unfortunately for her, someone does eventually find out, and it is none other than Cassandra.

Cassandra, however, promises not tell anyone, and even befriends the lowly girl. In truth, however, Cassandra's true reasons for hanging around with her are because she makes Cassandra look better in comparison, and Felicity does just about anything she says. The two have been 'friends' since childhood, and Felicity continues to do or say anything that she believes will please Cassandra, regardless of whether or not she truly wants to.

Samir Nachik

When Samir was very young, he and his family emigrated from East India in search of a better life. Being unskilled as they were, however, there were very few jobs for which they could be hired, and the pay they made was menial. Samir was orphaned at the age of nine when both of his parents succumbed to Cholera. It was shortly after this time that Samir first came in contact with Jessabelle, who was thirteen at the time.

With no parents to take care of him and no money to live off of, Samir took to the streets. Dirty and starving, he resorted to begging and, if necessary, stealing to stay alive. It was in this condition that Jessabelle come across the pitiful boy. Unsure of what else she could do, Jessabelle offered Samir some food, which he graciously excepted. For the next several months, Jessabelle continued to take care of Samir, bringing him food whenever she could and, occasionally, other gifts as well. She also did her best to teach him English, while he, in turn, attempted to teach her his native language and about the home he'd 'escaped' from.

In the years following Jessabelle's leaving, Samir does his best to acquire the better life that his parents had been hoping for, in part because he knew it'd make his parents happy, and in part because he believed that perhaps if he had made something of himself by the time Jessabelle came back, she would return the feelings he has long since developed for her.

Hunter

If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask...^^
Also, I would greatly appreciate some opinions. Good? Bad? Other? Let me know!
I don't think it sounds bad or anything like that, it's just not the kind of story I usually like to read. Good luck in finding an artist, though. smile

EDIT- just noticed you haven't mentioned the setting/era of the story.
The idea sounds pretty decent, though it seems more common in novels and the like, but then again, I always liked a good story like this. Mmm, yes, I too would like to know what the time era is.

I may be interested in it. I just have to see how I can manage my time, but if you've time, check out my artwork and see if it is fitting to your needs.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hunter

DarKlawStudios
I don't think it sounds bad or anything like that, it's just not the kind of story I usually like to read. Good luck in finding an artist, though. smile

EDIT- just noticed you haven't mentioned the setting/era of the story.

Perhaps once the comic is finished, I'll be able to change your mind...^^
Thank you very much for the luck!

It's set in late 19th century Europe, by the way.

Hunter

I.P.Freely
The idea sounds pretty decent, though it seems more common in novels and the like, but then again, I always liked a good story like this. Mmm, yes, I too would like to know what the time era is.

I may be interested in it. I just have to see how I can manage my time, but if you've time, check out my artwork and see if it is fitting to your needs.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The manga industry needs more indepth storylines...xD!
Do you happen to have any more examples of your artwork? I'm only seeing four there, all guys. I'm going to need a bit more than that.

4,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
This is my deviant art account. I'm very interested in this. Know that I do draw men. They just aren't on my deviant art and I'm not sure why. I'll be fixing that soon.

Hunter

Thank you, but I'm not sure that your style is quite what I'm looking for...^^;
Ack, sorry, I assumed you abandoned this project (what from you not posting in like a week) so I signed myself up for another comic. Sorry about that sweatdrop I hope you fins someone good though. smile

Hunter

It's alright...^^
Thank you for the luck. I'm sure I'll find someone eventually!

4,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
All right. Well, send me some sort of notification when the comic gets started. I still want to read it.

Hunter

iiinteresting, very iiiinteresting...me likey
DA Account There's not much there, I seldom scan my things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff