Welcome to Gaia! ::

Title: Adrenaline

Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance

Summary: When 16 year old Courtney Balourd recieved a Aztec ring from her best friend Farid, she had no idea that it would transform her, and her life, forever. Now with every surge of adrenaline she becomes a boy! And not just any boy, but a boy with super strength. Can this transformation help her change her lot in life? Can she use her new found power to right the wrongs she sees? And how will she ever keep the boy she's in love with from discovering her secret when every time she sees him she gets so stressed out, she might just change!

Rated: PG-13 (For violence, sexual ambiguity, language)

Here's the deal. I've tried drawing it myself, but I suck. I have the first chapter and a half written in story format, though, so you have some idea of whats going on.

Here's some helpful links if you're intersted:

Adrenaline Story on FictionPress.com
Manga hosted on Smack Jeeves
Adrenaline Wiki

Here's some samples of my character's basic designs, and the roles each character will play in the story:

Courtney Balourd

Our main character and heroine. She was given a ring that has the power to turn her into a male with a surge of adrenaline. In her male form she goes by Cory. Her nickname is Court.

User Image

Farid Nagi

Courtney's best friend. He stole the ring from an Aztec archeological site that his father was working. He has a crush on Courtney, but can't work up the nerve to tell her. It doesn't matter to him what gender she is.

User Image

Rune Meyer

The boy of Courtney's dreams and the captain of the baseball team. He's in serious denial about his sexuality, which is called into question when Cory saves him. He starts to develop feelings for Cory, not realizing that the hero is really the unpopular Courtney.

User Image

Aine Connolly

The new girl at school. She's bound and determined to claw her way to the top, no matter what it takes. Step one in her master plan: Become Rune's girlfriend.

User Image

And here's some other interpretations of some of my characters:

User ImageUser Image
Any particular reason the ring must be Aztec ? As in is there any link to the story or have you done research within the Aztec culture to make some links with your transformation superpowers? If not.
Why choose the Aztec ? Simply to fulfill the exotic non-descript quota?
carolita
Any particular reason the ring must be Aztec ? As in is there any link to the story or have you done research within the Aztec culture to make some links with your transformation superpowers? If not.
Why choose the Aztec ? Simply to fulfill the exotic non-descript quota?

There's no historical link. I chose Aztec because they were a war-like people. I was originally gonna do Mayan, but Aztec made more sense to me.

Shadowy Phantom

When you use some cultural link like that, either go all the way and make it strongly integrated with the story, or don't do it at all. Otherwise, it'll feel random at best, and completely take your readers out of the story at worst.

Everything about your story should tie together. The cultural links are a wonderful opportunity to add more depth to your story through allusions, allowing you to say more with less. Don't miss that opportunity!
you got some pretty good stuff right here..
havorund
you got some pretty good stuff right here..

My drawings aren't that good, and the others weren't drawn by anyone wanting to do my comic. crying
I think this would be a fun story to draw. If you give me a day or two I can come up with some examples of character sketches, maybe even a storyboard for what you've given as an example so far.

Is what you've posted as far as you've gotten with the story?
Do you have the plot written out?

What I would really love to see is a little interaction written out between each of the characters as well, if that's possible.
SansotsuCross
I think this would be a fun story to draw. If you give me a day or two I can come up with some examples of character sketches, maybe even a storyboard for what you've given as an example so far.

Is what you've posted as far as you've gotten with the story?
Do you have the plot written out?

What I would really love to see is a little interaction written out between each of the characters as well, if that's possible.

I have the first chapter scripted, and written in story format. But it's all interaction between Farid and Courtney at this point. I have the first bit of chapter two written in story format, but not scripted. It's mostly Court and Farid, but you see how Courtney reacts when she sees Rune, and I think I have at least part of the first transformation written.

I'll upload what I have so far in Chapter Two on Google and send you the link if you like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff