Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Hunter

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
First and foremost I want to welcome you to my Artist Search Thread. The fact alone that you came to this thread whether to either just to skim through or are seeking a writer is brilliant! I would like to state right now that I am completely new at webcomics. I've always had a love for comics and I have a passion for creative writing. I've been toying with the idea of actually creating a comic for about two years now. Never actually decided to do it but now I think I'm ready to embark on this adventure.

I am currently seeking a comic artist who would be willing to work with me to bring my comic idea to life. Is there any money involved in this? No. My goal at the end of the day is to bring a story to life through comics and freely showcase it to an online audience. I am also looking for an artist who can draw realistic art. This isn't a manga webcomic. As for pace, this isn't something I want to rush through and be done with. I am willing to work with the artist's schedule and pacing.

Now onto the story idea. The summary of the plot is in the spoiler below so feel free to click the spoiler button and take a gander!

Years ago there had been peace between the supernatural races of the world. The races had joined together for a common goal: to protect themselves from discovery by the human race. The supernatural races weren't foolish creatures. They knew discovery by the humans would only bring death and destruction. So they banded together and for years they remained hidden from the humans. Safe with the shadows, protected within the crowds. All was normal. All was right.

And then it stopped.

The Witches Council, a group of powerful witches who ruled their race, were brutally attacked and destroyed by the Vampires. With the Council's blood spilled the peace had ended. The joining of the supernatural races was broken and war broke out among the Witches and the Vampires. For a year the war went on until finally the Witches were able to defeat the Vampires, wiping out the four great covens. The Witches formed a new Council and began to restore peace to the wounded races...except for the Vampires. They were declared a threat to all and needed to be eliminated. The surviving Vampires scattered and went into hiding, knowing very well that they stood no chance against the new Council. Not when their covens had been destroyed and their own leaders defeated.

Years have begun to pass. The Witches Council still rules and is considered the most powerful among all the races. The Vampires remain in hiding, slowly dying off either from natural causes or being found by the Hunters the Council has set out to maintain peace and order. The supernatural races remain hidden from the human eye even after all their struggle and loss. Yet while the Vampires were defeated in the war not all are ready to roll over and die.

That is the general storyline of the comic. Now I already have the main characters to the story as well. But since I'm a bit protective about revealing everything and having it stolen from me I won't be sharing the main characters in this thread. All interested artists may contact me for further information regarding main characters and other plot lines.

If you have any questions feel free to post them below. I will provide you with answers. Please do not PM me with questions. The only PMs I want are from interested artists.

I believe that is all. Information may be added to or changed at anytime. I hope to hear from you soon and I wish everyone the best of luck!
Getting an artist... Is pretty damn hard. I hope you realize that.

Dangerous Hunter

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
xChai-Tea
Getting an artist... Is pretty damn hard. I hope you realize that.

I figured as much after looking through a lot of these threads. But that's not a reason to give up.
masque452

I figured as much after looking through a lot of these threads. But that's not a reason to give up.

And artist are fickle, they quit...
I tried making a manga... and this is how far I got... 3 pages cry

It doesn't look bad though :/

[cover]
[pg1]
[pg 2]

after pg 2... I just quit sweatdrop

Dangerous Hunter

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
xChai-Tea

Well, same goes for writers too. Still, I know if I just keep with my story eventually I'll find an artist willing to work with me.

No it doesn't look bad at all. Looks pretty good.
masque452

I wish you luck then 3nodding
may your journey on this quest be fruitful.

Dangerous Hunter

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
xChai-Tea
masque452

I wish you luck then 3nodding
may your journey on this quest be fruitful.

Thanks! I wish you luck as well! biggrin
I might actually be interested! I have had a hard time on this site finding a writer, im working on my own comic project but Im not very good with stories so Im not getting far, but I like the story idea.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=about69monkeyfistz
this is some of my older stuff, Im only on the gaia like once a week, but I think we could set something up to make this work...and I would love to help develop this into a full story and I like coming up with characters and creating worlds. Let me know!! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff