Welcome to Gaia! ::

This was an old sketch that I've had in my files for a while, and I thought I might like to do a more finalized version of it. I'd like to hear any suggestions or comments that anyone could give me. And please don't tell me that the art is half-assed or that there are no backgrounds. Because I know that; it's a rough draft, it's not supposed to be all perfect. Anything more towards paneling, dialogue, ect. would be far more helpful.

User Image
Gah, that's all on one page??? A page usually consists of four to eight panels, at most. You can pad this out two or three pages more. Here's a tip, one comic page roughly represents a minute in real time. Look at using panels as how a movie editor edits film. Big panels are to hold an audiences attention for a longer period in time. For example, establishing shots. Smaller panels for rapid scenes like for action scenes.

If you have to print this page you'll lose a lot of detail and not to mention trying to make room for dialoge.
Banzchan
Gah, that's all on one page??? A page usually consists of four to eight panels, at most. You can pad this out two or three pages more. Here's a tip, one comic page represent a minute in real time. If you have to print this page, you'll lose a lot of detail and not to mention trying to make room for dialoge.

stare Did I say it was all in one page? When did I say it was all in one page? I did not say it was all in one page! scream

I know that. I just put it all into one file to make my life a bit more easier.
Looks pretty good; the panels are organized quite well, as for the whole thing. But, I agree, it's a little long for one page; try splitting it up.
[remm]
Banzchan
Gah, that's all on one page??? A page usually consists of four to eight panels, at most. You can pad this out two or three pages more. Here's a tip, one comic page represent a minute in real time. If you have to print this page, you'll lose a lot of detail and not to mention trying to make room for dialoge.

stare Did I say it was all in one page? When did I say it was all in one page? I did not say it was all in one page! scream

Are you sure? because it looks like its all on one page.. and was made to fit on one page because its too short to fit on 2 pages. And its too long to actualy fit on 1.

Also, you migth wanna take tips from Banzchan.. he's been at this.. what.. 16-20 years?
[remm]
Banzchan

Um, I asked, "is this all one page", because you didn't say otherwise!
DaftPunk

Are you sure? because it looks like its all on one page.. and was made to fit on one page because its too short to fit on 2 pages. And its too long to actualy fit on 1.

Also, you migth wanna take tips from Banzchan.. he's been at this.. what.. 16-20 years?

I suppose you are right, now that I look back at it. But I'm not terribly concerned about this. I'll just space things out and make a few panels larger.

Seniority dosen't necessarily make you superior in something. I'm not saying that he's bad, he could be fantastic for all I know, but you can work at something for years and not gain a drop of talent.
[remm]
DaftPunk

I suppose you are right, now that I look back at it. But I'm not terribly concerned about this. I'll just space things out and make a few panels larger.

Seniority dosen't necessarily make you superior in something. I'm not saying that he's bad, he could be fantastic for all I know, but you can work at something for years and not gain a drop of talent.

Word for the uneducated in lecturing people about art or.. well.. anything. Read up on the person you are arguing with if its at all possible. Banz has a nice link to his webpage. The " not gain a drop of tallent" remark has pretty much shown me you HAVENT checked out anything about him as of this moment. not saying he's god *sorry rob, but bob is god, not rob, though your name is close* but he's deffinately got more drops of tallent than most people here... a whole 18 wheeler of 5 gallon of drops.
Do you have the story written for this yet or is it an improv? If you have it, I would like to skim over it.
DaftPunk

Word for the uneducated in lecturing people about art or.. well.. anything. Read up on the person you are arguing with if its at all possible. Banz has a nice link to his webpage. The " not gain a drop of tallent" remark has pretty much shown me you HAVENT checked out anything about him as of this moment. not saying he's god *sorry rob, but bob is god, not rob, though your name is close* but he's deffinately got more drops of tallent than most people here... a whole 18 wheeler of 5 gallon of drops.

I never said anything about his personal talents. I was only making a remark on how you can't judge someone's abilities solely on how long they've been at it.
I'm just offering honest advice, like he or she did ask for. Not my fault the person cannot set up a well informed presentation, like, for example, "this one page consits of several pages together just to save file space". Did it say that? No. And I didn't even an apology for an honest mistake. So much fer being nice and giving my two cents. Feh.
That's cool. I can't see what they're holding, a puppy?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff