Welcome to Gaia! ::

TapSkill
Fansub
You need to do 3 things to improve your art: Life drawing, life drawing and life drawing.

Lol. I never did that, and I improved greatly past that point. Your suggestion is found, but it is worded improperly. Therefore, you need to do 3 things to improve your post: stop thinking your post is relevant and necessary whenever an artist is inexperienced, lazy, and/or sucks. Heh.

If that's your work on your website, trust me, you have not transcended the need for life drawing. Take two doses and try again.

And as the goal is to actually help the person, however bluntly, being an arrogant, condescending twit does nothing but serve egos,which funnily enough, she was not trying to do. The whole point of saying what she did is to make the inexperienced experienced, and make them not suck. If they are lazy, they'll be lazy but that's not a reason to look down our noses especially when our own skill sets have a lack somewhere as they always do.
iZabuza

Anyways, to stay on topic, most of the other people believe they can be big shots by criticizing the crap out of someone's art, but it doesn't. Sure, you have to know the good and the bad stuff, but what's with all the bad stuff? They didn't even list what was good about it. stressed

User Image
TapSkill
Fansub
You need to do 3 things to improve your art: Life drawing, life drawing and life drawing.

Lol. I never did that, and I improved greatly past that point.

Er... is this your art? Because if it is... you really, really need some life drawing.

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100
ninitan
TapSkill
Fansub

Er... is this your art? Because if it is... you really, really need some life drawing.

Your definition of life drawing is very vague. Life drawing is simply drawing realistically from real references. You do not call it life drawing if you use real references to draw non-realistic things. The whole purpose of life drawing is to study lighting and anatomy.

Here's some realistic art from me!

See? Life drawing not required.

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100
-2o
If that's your work on your website, trust me, you have not transcended the need for life drawing. Take two doses and try again.

Anyone can judge, I looked at your webcomic and noticed some rather ugly lines. Your proportions were good, though, most of the time. You just want to take a side in an argument. I have proven life drawing is not necessary. We just need practice in general.

Aged Codger

TapSkill

Your post is funny because of the irony.
TapSkill
ninitan
TapSkill
Fansub

Your definition of life drawing is very vague. Life drawing is simply drawing realistically from real references. You do not call it life drawing if you use real references to draw non-realistic things. The whole purpose of life drawing is to study lighting and anatomy.

You... have got to be kidding me.
TapSkill
-2o

Anyone can judge, I looked at your webcomic and noticed some rather ugly lines. Your proportions were good, though, most of the time. You just want to take a side in an argument. I have proven life drawing is not necessary. We just need practice in general.

My lines are horrendous and my proportion is mediocre at best, but inconsequential as I am not the one arguing that life drawing is non essential. You haven't proven anything but that you can partially render a head. You haven't demonstrated any ability worth reinventing the wheel over.

What exactly do you think you practice to get better? Shadow puppets? Jazz hands? Because any artist who can work their way around a pencil with any level of real skill have studied from life at one point. You have to know what reality looks like before you can distort it with any skill.

Dunning-Kruger all up in this b***h.

Profitable Prophet

Quote:

User Image
tapskill

User Image

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Niiwa
Quote:

User Image

No show without pop corn.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Zorya
Niiwa
Quote:

User Image

You know, I had written a really extensive reply to the guy, including a detailed response to his, uh, rather unfortunate idea of what life drawing is and what it's for, but hard as I tried I just couldn't word it right. When you're talking to someone who is so sure of themselves, it's really difficult to inform them that they're wrong about something without making them feel like you're either mocking or attacking them. Not that I particularly care whether or not he's offended by my post, I just don't want to deal with his meltdown. I guess I must be getting old.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
ninitan
The Zorya
Niiwa
Quote:

User Image

You know, I had written a really extensive reply to the guy, including a detailed response to his, uh, rather unfortunate idea of what life drawing is and what it's for, but hard as I tried I just couldn't word it right. When you're talking to someone who is so sure of themselves, it's really difficult to inform them that they're wrong about something without making them feel like you're either mocking or attacking them. Not that I particularly care whether or not he's offended by my post, I just don't want to deal with his meltdown. I guess I must be getting old.

Most of us know that you have good intentions towards any beginner artist that comes around, but he is lost cause at this moment and has the reply pattern that we all saw before.

Maybe after few months/years/decades after he cools down, will figure out what you wanted to say.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
TapSkill
I have proven life drawing is not necessary.

No, you haven't. You showed us a rather cruddy rendition of a head and gave us a definition of life drawing that isn't actually the definition of life drawing.

"Life drawing is simply drawing realistically from real references. You do not call it life drawing if you use real references to draw non-realistic things. The whole purpose of life drawing is to study lighting and anatomy."

No. Life drawing is studying life (3D objects, it could be an unrealistic statue if you wanted). It does not need to be realistic (you can draw from life rather stylized). About the only thing you got right is it's meant to study lighting and anatomy, which you neglected to mention colour, composition, etc and that it can not be properly learned from a book or photograph.

You're art isn't as good as you think it is, needs serious life drawing, and you should learn how to draw because you're missing some crucial skills as an artist.

5,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
I almost died from laughing ... That's all *walks away*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items