Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, i made this comic a very long time ago[2008] and it's basically based off all of my gaia friends! heart
I hope you enjoy the first 3 issues I'm putting up!
I would very much like to hear your response! Thank you! heart heart
Sorry for the stains on the cover!
I had to re-scan it but I lost it for like a week and found it under my brother's bed!!
o.o

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Here's issue 2 of the Rose Academy enjoy! heart

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Here is Rose Academy Issue 3 enjoy! heart

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Note : The first couple of issues are pretty sloppy but as they progress they honestly get better and better! heart
Bump! heart

Shadowy Phantom

Please don't bump here. This forum moves very slowly, so your topic will stay on page 1 for days before you need to bump it.
You're going to get critiques on anatomy and stuff you don't know how to do yet, which are needed, but you'll hopefully learn over time.

Right now, your work is very sloppy. It's hard to follow, it's hard to read, and it doesn't feel like much care has been put into the pages.

1. You misspelled 'field' and 'boarding' wrong on the first page. There are a lot more errors.
2. Your writing is hard to read, especially with spelling errors. Either use a computer generated font or REALLY tighten up your writing. Computer's way easier.
3. Use a ruler when making panel borders.
4. Stop using anime stock expressions. Go find a mirror and make faces, then try to draw them. You learn more and you express what the characters are feeling better.
5. Your figures lean to the left. They look like they're about to fall over. I've actually got a pretty bad problem with this too- until you can fix this you need to take a ruler and measure to make sure they're standing up straight.

Hope this helps.
Also, you should be inking your drawings.
ElfinNissa
You're going to get critiques on anatomy and stuff you don't know how to do yet, which are needed, but you'll hopefully learn over time.

Right now, your work is very sloppy. It's hard to follow, it's hard to read, and it doesn't feel like much care has been put into the pages.

1. You misspelled 'field' and 'boarding' wrong on the first page. There are a lot more errors.
2. Your writing is hard to read, especially with spelling errors. Either use a computer generated font or REALLY tighten up your writing. Computer's way easier.
3. Use a ruler when making panel borders.
4. Stop using anime stock expressions. Go find a mirror and make faces, then try to draw them. You learn more and you express what the characters are feeling better.
5. Your figures lean to the left. They look like they're about to fall over. I've actually got a pretty bad problem with this too- until you can fix this you need to take a ruler and measure to make sure they're standing up straight.

Hope this helps.

thank you very much for the critiques but i did this in 2008 lol
the latest one i did was issue 14 and it's in 2010
so if you'd like to see the rest, please ask away! heart
Do you have these posted online somewhere? Scrolling through all the issues is a pain if you're up to issue 14. I'd like to see how much you've improved.
ElfinNissa
Do you have these posted online somewhere? Scrolling through all the issues is a pain if you're up to issue 14. I'd like to see how much you've improved.

great!
well they're all in my journal!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=entry
but you'd still have to read and scroll
i feel like loading for every page is a pain heart
You've still got a lot of the same problems in Issue 13.
I don't mean to be uncharitable, but what the hell is going on here? You need rulers. You need to be planning out your text. Because this right here is unreadable mess, one that I have no intentions of slogging through.

I'm not even going to look at the new stuff from '11 because if it is a continuation of this and I was reading it on my own, I wouldn't have gotten that far in the first place.

I usually wouldn't advise someone to completely start over as I have been caught in that trap before and sometimes it hurts more than it helps, but your earlier stuff is bad to the point of being completely unclear, and I don't see how anyone would want to continue after a couple of pages in. Also, I get that sometimes pages get stained. We are all only human. But to leave said stains is both lazy and disgusting and just another reason among many not to continue.

So in summary: All the things ElfinNissa said are true, but also, if this is some sort of long project you've got going on, i'd be a little more diligent than you are being now in terms of creating a comic of quality. Being inexperienced is one thing, being lazy is another.

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
You need to do 3 things to improve your art: Life drawing, life drawing and life drawing.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Honestly, I was immediately tunred off by the letters. I remember when I was little and had no attention or care for design, but none of those letters have anything in common.
I can't read this, it hurst my eyes. If you're looking for critique, give us something more current. If your looking for readers, well, wrong forum, and I don't know that you'll find any.
I suggest, now that it's been a few years, start something new. Begin a new project. Do research on comics (Understanding Comics and Making Comics, both by Scott McCloud are great books). Practice drawing more, and aim smaller (do a smaller project, maybe find a writer for one, and you draw, and then find an artist and you write).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff