Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many are tyring for it? I am, got to do it though, not much time left. what about all of you?
man, I wish there were more time. I have more than enough pages, they just need to be re-done. sweatdrop As they are it would be embarressing to send them in.
They have them twice a year. That is more than enough time. Even if you did three pages a month starting today, you can still make it for the second one.
Really? When's the next turn-in date?
*shrugs*

Check the website.
They won't announce it until the current one is over.

The fourth contest ended in mid-August, so I'd think it would be sometime around then, give or take a month or so.
The deadline for the next Tokyopop Rising Stars of Manga contest is February 15th, 2005. Everything you need to know to submit entries is listed on their website.
EirieYoshi
The deadline for the next Tokyopop Rising Stars of Manga contest is February 15th, 2005. Everything you need to know to submit entries is listed on their website.

I think everyone was already aware of that - what Dark197A was asking was when the contest after the current one would happen.
Quote:
I think everyone was already aware of that - what Dark197A was asking was when the contest after the current one would happen.

Wow. Someone needs a nap. Thank you SO much for setting me straight.

....the way I look at it is if you already have some of it done and miss the deadline, keep working hard and you'll be able to really kick butt the next time round. Also, if you don't make the cut when you do sumbit it, don't let it get you down. Make the same submission better and re-submit it. Could take a few tries, but if you really want something, hard work and dedication are priceless.
Well I still got a ways to go. but I think I can mae it. I don't know if it will be good enough but i'll try.
Banzchan
They have them twice a year. That is more than enough time. Even if you did three pages a month starting today, you can still make it for the second one.

Hey, they did it 4 times last yr! starting winter 2004-spring-may, june to august, fall to winter begins, winter begins 2004- feb (i think) 2005. Thats kind of 4 but it is not twice!
chaosruins
Banzchan

Hey, they did it 4 times last yr! starting winter 2004-spring-may, june to august, fall to winter begins, winter begins 2004- feb (i think) 2005. Thats kind of 4 but it is not twice!
No...they run the contest twice a year. I know Tokyopop is desperate to make money, but they probably won't run the contest more due to the fact they would be encouraging rushed entries.
I'm, planning on entering this summer. I just need to allocate some more supplies and choose what segment of the story I want to start with.
Nikatta
I'm, planning on entering this summer. I just need to allocate some more supplies and choose what segment of the story I want to start with.

I think waiting is a great idea. I might be doing the same as I'm starting a new job tomorrow and currently apartment hunting. Sometimes life is just distracting. I'd rather be prepared and do it right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff