• Dressed Up 200
Right to left reading order
page 1
User Image
Listen. You need to do the following things:
1. Stop making your comics read right to left
2. Do a lot of life drawing
3. Read this book

To start with, this is what you need to do in order to make better comics.

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
ninitan
3. Read this book

YOU DONT NEED TO TELL ME ANYTHING!
Im not gonna upload anything in gaia anymore.. infact.. Im just gonna stop drawing entirely and jump off the roof.. have a good ********' day

p.s I draw right to left because doing it left to right leaves pencil smudges.. you would know if you didnt spend all your time nagging and being pretentious!
Hate Miruki

p.s I draw right to left because doing it left to right leaves pencil smudges.. you would know if you didnt spend all your time nagging and being pretentious!

No, you draw your comics to read right to left because that's how the Japanese do it, and you're so enthralled with the superficial exoticism of manga that you reproduce it exactly, right down to faux translation artifacts. And there is nothing more pretentious than that.

You think we don't get 20 of your kind a day in here? Foolin' nobody, kid.
You lost me at read right to left.

I'm a lefty, so believe me I know the pain of smudging. But the fact of the matter is that doing panels in a direction counter to the way the text is read is just bad sequential storytelling. If you have to draw right to left, every image editing program out there has a tool that lets you flip an image. Use it.

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
IronSpike
Hate Miruki

No, you draw your comics to read right to left because that's how the Japanese do it, and you're so enthralled with the superficial exoticism of manga that you reproduce it exactly, right down to faux translation artifacts. And there is nothing more pretentious than that.

You think we don't get 20 of your kind a day in here? Foolin' nobody, kid.

oooh.. STRONG WORDS from someone whos not even a critic.. you're not fooling no one either..I dont give a horse's a** about what's Japanese and what's ******** not
I myself am indeed asian.. so for ******** sake.. get a ******** life and get off my back!?
Hate Miruki

oooh.. STRONG WORDS from someone whos not even a critic.. you're not fooling no one either..I dont give a horse's a** about what's Japanese and what's ******** not
I myself am indeed asian.. so for ******** sake.. get a ******** life and get off my back!?

Anyone capable of criticism is a critic, rocket surgeon.

And you do care, quite obviously, quite deeply and intensely, about what's Japanese and what's not. Actions speak louder than words. Right to left layout? Giant eyes, tiny mouths, winky expressions? And in your other comics, tall, skinny word balloons meant for vertical type, lifted without alteration and pressed into service for left-to-right horizonatal text? The lady doth protest too much.

And PROTIP: No one gives a crap if you're Asian. it doesn't legitimize anything you've said, done, or drawn.

Aged Codger

You need to grow up. After you grow up, you need to learn manners. Once you get all of that taken care of, then you can come to these forums and post your comics and get feedback, since that is what they are for. Until then, get out. Nobody wants to put up with a whiner. There's no point in giving criticism or feedback on your work.
Hate Miruki
ninitan
3. Read this book

YOU DONT NEED TO TELL ME ANYTHING!

Don't post in a critique forum if you're too much of a baby to accept critiques. Don't waste my time.
I'd suggest improving your paneling and proportions. That should help you a lot on getting your pages a bit more polished looking. c:
Also, as far as the reading right to left thing, I know a bunch of people who do their comics like that (heck, I used to), but I personally feel that if it's English or any other language that regularly reads left to right, the artist should orient it as such. If it regularly reads the other way, then I feel the same goes. ^^
Make of that what you will!

Invisible Kitten

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Hate Miruki
Im not gonna upload anything in gaia anymore..

ほんとうですか?ざんねんね。まった!
Cream Puffnut
Hate Miruki

ほんとうですか?ざんねんね。まった!
After learning japanese for a semester I think I know what that says, but I'm too tired to remember all the basic symbols atm to be sure T _ T

Invisible Kitten

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
[~Ramble.Corset~]
Cream Puffnut
Hate Miruki

ほんとうですか?ざんねんね。まった!
After learning japanese for a semester I think I know what that says, but I'm too tired to remember all the basic symbols atm to be sure T _ T

Aw, don't worry. There's very little chance it says anything useful, considering the situation. XD
Cream Puffnut
[~Ramble.Corset~]
Cream Puffnut
Hate Miruki

ほんとうですか?ざんねんね。まった!

Aw, don't worry. There's very little chance it says anything useful, considering the situation. XD

It says " Really? Unfortunate, huh? See you later!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces