Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Ladykiller

Aside from the other things already mentioned, I think you should do a bit more with the panels. I've been studying panels for a while now and it is amazing how much story telling the panels are responsible for. Especially with those angled panels. The way your eyes follow the panels is insanely important, as well as the reading direction. One thing I noticed repeatedly is that if your eyes have to travel up a angled panel the scene is typically negative because it breaks the form of normal reading and can be used to relate to the character's understanding of the scene while when your eyes travel down with an angled panel the scene is comfortable and a bit positive. It's a bit hard to explain with text, but you should definitely look into panel play, I think it can really improve your work.
Amecha
Aside from the other things already mentioned, I think you should do a bit more with the panels. I've been studying panels for a while now and it is amazing how much story telling the panels are responsible for. Especially with those angled panels. The way your eyes follow the panels is insanely important, as well as the reading direction. One thing I noticed repeatedly is that if your eyes have to travel up a angled panel the scene is typically negative because it breaks the form of normal reading and can be used to relate to the character's understanding of the scene while when your eyes travel down with an angled panel the scene is comfortable and a bit positive. It's a bit hard to explain with text, but you should definitely look into panel play, I think it can really improve your work.

I've actually been thinking about this a lot myself and trying to be more aware of it. I do think about the panels a lot when creating each page, but I go with the flow too. Sometimes I adjust stuff and feel like it could still be better. I'll definitely be thinking about it even more now, so I really appreciate you bringing it up! Thank you!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I hope you'll check out AG on Tumblr and Facebook, and please keep reading! I really really appreciate it! whee

Timid Ladykiller

Kataliana
Amecha

I've actually been thinking about this a lot myself and trying to be more aware of it. I do think about the panels a lot when creating each page, but I go with the flow too. Sometimes I adjust stuff and feel like it could still be better. I'll definitely be thinking about it even more now, so I really appreciate you bringing it up! Thank you!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I hope you'll check out AG on Tumblr and Facebook, and please keep reading! I really really appreciate it! whee

No problem! And I'll definitely keep my eyes open for more of this. heart
Hey guys! Altar Girl just got a really great write-up over at Crisp Comics - Webcomic Spotlight. They also asked me a few questions like what kind of manga I like sweatdrop I wanted to share it here in case any of you would like to read it! whee

There is also an exclusive new color group pic up!

For regular updates & more pics, Follow AG on Tumblr, and Like AG on Facebook!
Hey! I just wanted to say I think your comic is pretty rad! I don't have any specific criticism at the moment (on break, not much time), however I did want to congratulate you on a well done comic!

One thing I did notice is... that your hands seem really tiny a lot of the time though! My hands are freakishly small but still could cover almost half of my face! Maybe use some sort of reference (like yourself! (: ) until you get the hang of them. They just appear small, and that's the only thing that glaringly stuck out to me.

I liked your facebook page! So best of luck to you! I look forward to seeing more!
kittiko
Hey! I just wanted to say I think your comic is pretty rad! I don't have any specific criticism at the moment (on break, not much time), however I did want to congratulate you on a well done comic!

One thing I did notice is... that your hands seem really tiny a lot of the time though! My hands are freakishly small but still could cover almost half of my face! Maybe use some sort of reference (like yourself! (: ) until you get the hang of them. They just appear small, and that's the only thing that glaringly stuck out to me.

I liked your facebook page! So best of luck to you! I look forward to seeing more!

Thank you so much!! And thanks for your note about using hand refs. I've been trying to do that with a lot of the newer pages, especially the guy's hands! I would use mine as a reference for the girls more, but I can bend my thumbs kind of weirdly and farther than most people. So sometimes... if they have weird thumbs... uhh I guess that's just a little bit of me in there... haha!! sweatdrop

And thank you so much for liking the Facebook page!! whee
Hey peeps! Altar Girl has gotten some reviews lately, and I just did Free Comic Book Day last Saturday (which was totally awesome)!

If you're interested in reading the articles:

Crisp Comics Webcomic Spotlight: Altar Girl
MCM Buzz Magazine Reviews: Altar Girl
Free Comic Book Day from Creators' Point of View

And of course, please check out my webcomic Altar Girl if you haven't already! heart

If you're interested in following the updates, AG Tumblr and AG Facebook are the best for that. I'll try my best to keep you guys posted here when I can too. sweatdrop Hope everyone is doing well! I really appreciate all the feedback you've given me so far!

O.G. Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
omg! Altar Girl! Your comic was one of the first webcomics I had read back in the day! I was sad when it had ended, glad to see it back. :3 I'm gonna go read it now.

What made you want to start it up again?
Miss Valerie Hart
omg! Altar Girl! Your comic was one of the first webcomics I had read back in the day! I was sad when it had ended, glad to see it back. :3 I'm gonna go read it now.

What made you want to start it up again?

Awesome!! whee That makes me so happy that you read it back then!! Thanks so much!! crying

The only reason I stopped drawing AG is because at that time I needed to graduate and focus on finding a job. I wasn't giving 100% to the comic and it became hard to find any time for it. I even tried starting a totally new and different comic with a friend once I felt I had some time again, but still really wanted to come back to AG above everything else.

I really want to tell and finish this story, but I felt like to do that well I needed to start over from the beginning and refine a few things. I've spent a lot of time writing the story and trying to make it flow better and be more understandable (and hopefully funnier, and with better art too).

My dream is to get Altar Girl published in print one day, but right now I'm really happy that people are reading it online and seem to enjoy it. That means the most to me! heart

I hope you'll like reading the new version too! I hope you'll follow on Tumblr and like it on Facebook if you're interested too, it's the best place for me to connect with everyone!
Heeeyyy! There are a ton of new Altar Girl pages if you'd like to check them out! We're on Book 2 now!

We're also having the annual Altar Girl Halloween Costume Contest now. You can suggest costume themes for the characters to wear, and I'll draw it! Last year's winning theme was 90's Cartoons, which was awesome. Hurry up though because voting will start next week!

Comments on Gaia won't count so you'll need to post on AG's Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr!
i honestly like your devotion to your story. there is room for improvement in everyone and you're doing it well so far. also, congratulations on all the praise you're getting! i hope my webcomic will reach that caliber (:
sithence
i honestly like your devotion to your story. there is room for improvement in everyone and you're doing it well so far. also, congratulations on all the praise you're getting! i hope my webcomic will reach that caliber (:

Thank you so much! Good luck with your webcomic too! I'll check it out! 3nodding
Hi guys!! I'm currently running a Kickstarter for my shoujo manga webcomic ALTAR GIRL! You can also read my comic totally free at the website: www.altar-girl.com

Click here to check out ALTAR GIRL - BOOK 1 !! ... You can also see the funny video we put together!

As rewards, I'm offering signed copies, exclusive new art prints, cute little mini pins, and custom sketches drawn by me!!

The book is also going to have super improved artwork from what you see on the webcomic version... you can see examples of the new stuff on my tumblr page: altar-girl.tumblr.com

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff