Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
nightshade259
Edithlegacy

none of my posts shown or even hinted that i think i'm the best there is.

keeps people's egos in check!? are you kidding me? i bet you never have worked a real job, right? ego is what push you to the top when you are working for a big company. you need to be confident and to be able to stand your ground. of course you also need to learn from mistakes, but again that is off topic.

see this is the mindset i don't like, people assume you are just too young to know about what you have said, but the truth? i'm probably more experienced than you in terms of dealing with the world. you are still at that level of "oh don't suger coat it, oh they need the proper nutrients to grow stronger, oh they need to learn how to deal with frustration so i'm going to be harsh"

please, i'm wayyy above that.

Never worked? I work my a** off. I pay for school, I swim at a collage level. I also am now having to pay to fix my tooth all be my self, which needs a root canal. So I bet I know at least as much as you. Ego may get you to the top, or it will get you fired for being a D***.

That is the stage that comes in adulthood. You want to tell people that they are amazing even when they are not. I am a realist. I know my art isn't gonna get me a job, so in a year I will be a teacher. You on the other hand go Boo hoo when some one says something you don't like.

Immature much?

have you ever managed a team of 16 people to work on a project for the government? have you ever worked as a data analysis technician for 2 different companies? i thought so.

still immature to you?

(ps ego will get you fired? ideally yes, but not really, especially nowadays. as long as you are being responsible and dependable and having good relationship with your coworkers, why would the company fire you?

trust me, now is not the time to be a teacher. where you from?

finally, i'm not sure how many times i have to say it, i did not go Boo Hoo, i was just surprised how people can make assumptions easily and jump to conclusion right away. and i also know some fat dude with no life name iron something is stalking me every step, i guess he felt bad me not reading even 1/3 of the long essay he typed.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Snicket
Oh my lord, this is precious. I would absolutely LOVE to see the OP try to show a portfolio to an editor -- you know, the sort of person you work with when you work in comics as a professional -- and hear these same excuses come pouring out as they try to tell you how to improve your craft. I would give you 20 seconds tops before they slam the portfolio shut and tell you to ******** off and stop wasting their time.

And FYI, when submitting work for critique, it's often impossible to present the entire story to give complete understanding of what's going on, so anything you show off should be able to stand on its own and at least make SOME sort of sense. Your pages don't, and the onus is not on us to give you a pass because you're too lazy/clueless to give any sort of sense of what you're trying to do. If you're just looking for a back pat, you're in the wrong forum.

Look, you're obviously really young. (Man, I hope you're young, for your sake.) You're really invested in this idea of being an artist and making cool comics like the manga you enjoy so much, so it's easy to confuse critique for personal attacks. The thing is, that's just not true. A criticism of how your characters are posed or how the comic reads is about THE COMIC, not you. So reacting to crit like someone just pushed you down in the playground is really counterproductive and immature.

Criticizing your racist and misogynistic comments is personal, however, since that's just appallingly rude.

hey welcome to the party. too bad i have no food for you.

oops forgot to tell you i don't do art for living. i do it for fun. so you may save your breath talking about bussiness sh!t.
Edithlegacy

That's quite all right, as I believe Iron Spike brought enough popcorn for everyone.

Edithlegacy
oops forgot to tell you i don't do art for living. i do it for fun. so you may save your breath talking about bussiness sh!t.

Well, that's a relief, knowing that you won't be tormenting poor, innocent editors with your terrible attitude, on top of your sub-par art abilities. However, more than a few of us who frequent this forum are professionals, and we do appreciate the tiniest modicum of humility in those asking for our opinion, even when they don't like what they hear. It's not a place frequented solely by starry-eyed 14-year-olds who will give you unconditional praise.
Edithlegacy

have you ever managed a team of 16 people to work on a project for the government? have you ever worked as a data analysis technician for 2 different companies? i thought so.

still immature to you?

(ps ego will get you fired? ideally yes, but not really, especially nowadays. as long as you are being responsible and dependable and having good relationship with your coworkers, why would the company fire you?

finally, i'm not sure how many times i have to say it, i did not go Boo Hoo, i was just surprised how people can make assumptions easily and jump to conclusion right away. and i also know some fat dude with no life name iron something is stalking me every step, i guess he felt bad me not reading even 1/3 of the long essay he typed.

Have you ever tired to get 20 kids all under 5 many under 2 to do something at the same time? I thought so.

To be honest I don't care about how special your job is. That does not make you any more qualified about the real world then me.

No there is more then one type of ego, you are confusing competitiveness with I'm better then thou attitude. Don't confuse them.

One I have a lot going for me as a teacher. I don't feel like explaining to you.

You are coming off as arrogant and that is why we all find amusement in this.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Snicket
Edithlegacy

That's quite all right, as I believe Iron Spike brought enough popcorn for everyone.

Iron Spike's b!tch, eh? yet another pretender to be a smart-@$$.

well, what can i say...feel free to waste your breath here for all i care, i'm just waiting for my data to be processed.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
nightshade259
Edithlegacy

still immature to you?

Have you ever tired to get 20 kids all under 5 many under 2 to do something at the same time? I thought so.

To be honest I don't care about how special your job is. That does not make you any more qualified about the real world then me.

No there is more then one type of ego, you are confusing competitiveness with I'm better then thou attitude. Don't confuse them.

One I have a lot going for me as a teacher. I don't feel like explaining to you.

hey, guess what? i did that over 3 years ago. i taught a class of kids (15 of them) for a whole year.

also, tell me, if you don't have ego, how can you compete?

you serious? have you read all the posts here? and you calling me arrogant? find amusement in this? well, only sick people can find amusement here....
Edithlegacy
IronSpike
User Image

please respect the dead.

also, do yourself a fav, get a life.

User Image

Keep 'em comin', crybaby.
Edithlegacy

hey, guess what? i did that over 3 years ago. i taught a class of kids (15 of them) for a whole year.

How many teachers were there? Just to check if you are lying.

There is pride in what you do so you do it better, and than there is telling people how much better you are then them.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
nightshade259
Edithlegacy

How many teachers were there? Just to check if you are lying.

There is pride in what you do so you do it better, and than there is telling people how much better you are then them.

4 for Sunday School, why?

ok, here is what you should do. highlight in quote when i told people how much better i'm to them. if you cannot find any, then you have to apologize. after all, you plan to be a teacher, are you not?
Edithlegacy
Snicket
Edithlegacy

well, what can i say...feel free to waste your breath here for all i care, i'm just waiting for my data to be processed.

I'm not pretending, I assure you. And I'm not Spike's "b!tch," either. I'm her friend and business partner. In the business of comics. I know of what I speak.

And I have to say, your claims of having adult responsibilities makes this tantrum so much more shameful. I mean, I would expect this sort of thing from a 13-year-old, but if you're actually old enough to hold a technical position...? Yeesh.
IronSpike
Edithlegacy
IronSpike
User Image

please respect the dead.

also, do yourself a fav, get a life.

User Image

Keep 'em comin', crybaby.

you have forgot you're amusing me Really Keep going.
Ha. Comic Sans.

Aged Codger

I regret giving you any feedback, seeing how nasty you are.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Snicket
Edithlegacy
Snicket
Edithlegacy

I'm not pretending, I assure you. And I'm not Spike's "b!tch," either. I'm her friend and business partner. In the business of comics. I know of what I speak.

And I have to say, your claims of having adult responsibilities makes this tantrum so much more shameful. I mean, I would expect this sort of thing from a 13-year-old, but if you're actually old enough to hold a technical position...? Yeesh.

yep you must felt good ganging up on a single user. i'm very proud of you two.

this is not a tantrum, this is me trying to understand why here especially in the comic creators, people are being nasty.

and he posting those pics is an act of being in the profession world? unlikely. now that is being 12 yrs old.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff